1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mirodoll Mini Discussion Thread

Jan 27, 2011

1. The biceps on those mature 1/4 Miro dolls are like Popeye's forearms! Huge! Great abs and chest!

2. The head I have has a 6.5cm opening, do you think it will look strange on the 6cm neck?

3. Spamming my cutie Robin!
      [​IMG]

4. Anyone know where I csn find some examples of the muscular boy body's posing?

5. Molliebean Your Robin is adorable :)

I am seriously thinking about getting a blue Robin. I just have to save up for and order my HDF Brownie first.

Edit: I watch the Miro Doll threads and Miro Doll site every day. I just can`t stop thinking about Robin *_*

I know I really should save up for my HDF Brownie first. I got her hair, eyes, shoes and clothes ready at home waiting for her. I have been planning on getting her longer than Robin.. but I just want to order Robin so badly I don`t know what to do.

I can only save up for one of them at the time. So I gotta choose :|

6. After much ado and frustration I ended up getting the #9 and #7 1/4 heads to use as temporary heads for my bodies. (I'm still working on the Dollmore heads as well.) I've looked all over though for dead on pics of those two that I can play around with in Photoshop until the heads actually come and I cannot find any. Anyone have pics of them blank dead on? Or even faced up? I'd really like to see them. I only have some vague idea of what I actually bought. I think the one looks like a mini Wind but I'm not sure really and I have no idea of what he might look like in reality. The pics on the Miro site are not what you'd call accurate so I thought I'd ask. Thanks!

7. manabusama: Thanks! I love my Robin! It is so hard to decide isn't it? They are having a sale right now...:sweat
      I wasn't even wanting a MSD but when I saw Robin it was love, I had to have him.

magkelly: I can't help you, sorry. I hope your heads come soon!

8. I saw a Miro MSD boy body in their new tan for sale on Ebay. I thought it was the new Big Boy body with the proportions and such. Those MSD bodies may be small, but they're well proportioned! That's a very mature frame! Wow!

For Miro's MSDs anyway. The Robin MSD, the leaner body, isn't Miro. Miro just sells them on their site. Any of the dolls with jointed feet are not Miro's design nor do they cast them. I don't know whose they are, so just keep calling them Miro for sake of ease. I think they might be Lina's, but I have yet to ask her.

9. TRUTH! They were the perfect body (FINALLY) for my Chicline LTF Breakaway and Ruru!

10. I just got my heads this morning. Finally my Miro kids are intact. I put them on the bodies and strung them a bit tighter. They came pretty floppy and definitely need better elastic. Two pics of the doll heads, boy #7, girl #9 1/4 heads. The head shot I just bumped up the saturation and that a bit so you could see the details. It was pretty dark in here today, but my eyes are bugging me and I have a headache and I don't want to go outside or to set up the photo lights. I've got the last bit of a migraine. I can barely type today let alone do real photography. Sorry. It's not too bad, but flash is about all the light I can stand right now. Later on before I face them up I'll probably take some better pics with proper lighting and a better background but for now I still think this gives a bit better idea than the website pics.

The girl is basically a mini Wind. The guy I'm still not too sure about. I may mod his forehead a bit depending. I like how masculine he is but I don't think I like the permanent scowl much. He looks much older than she does I think. As a couple I think they look a bit incompatible. Also, the 1/4 heads are definitely on the small side compared to the RS doll I just got. They're closer to fashion doll heads than most BJD's I think.

This bodes well for the Dollmore heads I really want. I was thinking of getting a big Wind anyway so I might just keep the mini-Wind on her body, get another one for Sara, but likely Essex will end up on this body. As a practice head I'm fine with him, but unless he faces up extremely well I don't think I'd want to keep this head on this body permanently. I'm not sure though. I might need white skin bodies for those so these two may end up on these bodies permanently. Not sure...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. To view several more pictures showing details about mirodoll MSD body take a short visit to the story behind this picture. First half of their story is found here

Currently headless in this shot is the MIRODOLL MSD BOY BODY: [​IMG] < Another head from the tray, ^^ LumeDoll [slight grey tint] SD size. Little Resinsoul guy [orange jersey down in front] jumped in when I wasn't looking. He is very excited about arrival of a cool guy like this. Evident by his manly stance.

Middle guy is a Doll Leaves msd, and on the end is a Shiwoo Fairyland MiniFee guy.
      The girl is a Bobobie Tiah, one of my first dolls.

12. chalyss: That is interesting! Didn't know that!
      magkelly: Oh they came! I like them both but especially mini Wind!
      (Mini Wind..now I am going to want her..sigh)

13. I believe they are in fact Magical Angel dolls as if you do a comparison at the bodies with the MSD Magical Angel has they are pretty much identical at least to my eye and same style hinged feet. Mayhap Magical Angel used to be with Mirodoll when they were Lost Angel??

hmm now its got me interested in how small these bodies really are. Can you by chance do a side by side with one of your RS MSD dolls? thanks. :)

14. Kitty--Ayas-Shadow did a whole series of miro/rs comps a coupld months ago-check her latest started threads for it.

15. ah...must have missed that...thanks I've found it..and hmmm heads look quite large, which isn't surprising given the neck measurements...though maybe modding the neck thicker would be cool...or maybe a good body for the Lan or Lu head?? The height difference is rather amusing though hey there are short guys out there too.

Would still love to see a side by side of the Mirodoll heads and RS heads MagKelly if you get a chance.

Maaayyybee we can suggest them to do the same thing they did to the SD boy bodies...make them a tad taller and maybe make that neck a tad thicker...worth a try. :)

Oh and forgot to comment on the Mini Wind...I love her face...that dude though is pretty scowly..would be interesting to see if it could be modded.

16. I just received a little box full of color samples from Mirodoll! They sent me all 3 tans, some blues, and the pink color. I have a ns body, so I'll be taking comparison pics in the next few days. I don't have a lot of tan dolls, but I have a few to compare. Just quickly looking, the dark chocolate looks to be a fair match to Dollstown/Dollshe tanskin, though a bit lighter; it might be a better match for Resinsoul's dark tan. The burnt sugar color is gorgeous! I will definitely need a doll in that color. I love the blues and pink, too! How fun! Anyway, I'll post here again when I have the comparison pics posted.

:)

17. pink??? do you mean the lilac color that they just came out with?
      Yes I have plans for a dark chocolate and burnt sugar...but will probably be MSD sized. Curious about the blues, as I thought they only had one blue.

18. Yep, the lilac, which is really more of a fuchsia color in person. Mangotree told me that the blue and lilac can be made darker or lighter. The colors are really lovely in person! I will have to think hard about buying a lilac doll. I'm waiting on another color sample for comparison, which may arrive today, and then I'll start taking some photos.

19. cool..yea I'd like a less fuchsia color like a light pink, but not skin tone pink...even Resinsoul's pink is a little too pale so something in between bright Mirodoll lilac and RS pink..lol. Though I do still like the color Mirodoll has nice and vibrant I'll wait patiently to see if they make any new 1/4 heads..because that color can't be matched to anything else..lol