1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mirodoll Mini Discussion Thread

Jan 27, 2011

1. Spamming Robin again...my little 70s rock star!
      Sorry if the pic is huge...I resized it 10 times...:|
      [​IMG]

2. Molliebean...Yays for Robin. Cute pose and outfit. -- I finally set up one of my msd girls tonight and took pictures. I can't get decent shots between me or my camera, not entirely sure who to blame. This is a Dollmore Momo head that was modded for slimmer cheeks. She and the miro body are in harmony with each other. :] ~ Most of the shots tonight she looks quite full of herself, but she can portray other personalities with the right tilt of her head. Here is one that shows, at least I think it does, that the thigh joint does provide movement. She is loosely strung too. I had a time getting the head settled. All my msd girls came with tiny S-hooks that don't work. I have other pictures of her demonstrating her poseablility. The way I like to pose my dolls anyway. [​IMG] Nudity for a good look at her loveliness. Joint function and shapeliness.

3. High marks for mobility from me: [​IMG]

4. agreed good to see she poses just as well as the SDs. lovely hybrid combinations and photos. i think the look of their hands is the biggest thing for me that I don't care for..think on my next order I'll get an extra set to try my hand at boiling, have never done that yet.

5. I got two Mirodoll bodies today, and loosely strung is an understatement... They can't even sit without slumping over, so I'll have to re-string them soon.

6. DaughterofEden: She is lovely! Looks like a nice poser too!

7. you could just tighten the strings, my SD dolls came like that and I just pulled their strings really tight. Loosely strung and arriving in one piece is better than too tightly strung and something cracked. :)

8. Hey guys! I just ordered my Robin! My first new doll in almost 3 years :sweat What size wigs are you finding fits best?

9. Congratulations on ordering Robin!!
      He is so darn adorable!
      I ordered a 7-8 wig which I love but it is too big for Robin..slides around.
      Had to buy a wig cap.
      6 -7 fits him best.

10. The hands on my SD seem to be sized better but I still don't like the size of the MSD hands much. I actually moved my MSD girl's hands to the guy and then put a pair of RS hands on her. Those hands I really like, color is decent and the hands look a lot more in proportion, but I'm going to have to round out the doll's arms via boiling and probably carve away some of the wrist ball to actually get them to fit. He looks terrific with her hands but right now she's got lovely arms and lovely hands but huge ball wrists...

11. Hello! I posted this in the mirodoll hybrids thread...but here is a bit more appropriate spot lol

My friend and I did a gallery and video about the 41cm mirodoll (2013) body! (I am thinking about selling it so I wanted to document and showcase its posability before I do. The head I wanted for the body needs a bigger neck size.) The mirodoll body is in normal skin btw.

I'm planning on doing a resin comparison to my dollzone ws (2011/2010), and my Dollstown Oriental skin (2013)

The mirodoll normal skin is really pale and right now I can say that oriental skin is a good match. The same can kind of be said for my yellowed dollzone skin just that my dollzone has a yellower and darker hue than mirodoll.

Flickr Link to Gallery!

Youtube Link!
      warning we are silly!

12. I will post sooner some piccies of both of my mini mirodoll hybrid with Withdoll heads :) both needed a neck adaptor anyway.

13. Ok here's a pic of my hybrid on Mirodoll MSD body:

[​IMG]
      Mirodoll/WithDoll Kyle di $avageII, su Flickr

Head was blushed to match with khaki resin color of MiroDoll body, the body have been supposed to be in old tan resin color but i've got khaki green instead so i did a blushing on head to match with MiroDoll body!

14. Hi everyone! Right now Mirodoll is having a sale and now that they have that dark chocolate color its just too good to pass up. Im wanting to hybrid this doll with a mnf head but I have been searching and cannot find any info on how this works @.@ I read that Mirodoll has two sizes of bodies... but Im not sure if this was for msd or sd? Im mostly just worried about proportion, so if anyone has pics or anything Id really appreciate it!

15. I totally forgot about Miro Doll. Decided I'm not going to order anything from them right now even though Robin is adorable.

How is the blue skin btw in real life. As cool as it looks on the pictures?

16. MSD MiroDoll bodies are pretty thiny, and reach barely 41Cm with head on, i'm not sure if someone tried MiniFee head but imo proportions could be a little off.
      The blue resin actually is pretty dark, while there's a special color in siren blue that is more brighter :)

17. Ok thanks guys :) I Definitely have to think about a black resin boy. And I guess with black resin you can easily blush over any stains or marks. Can't do any new doll purchases before after Christmas though.

Found some posing pictures on Flickr of the muscular body. I'm pretty impressed by the look and way it can pose. A Miro Doll would fit perfectly in with my little RS crew.

Is there any thread for Miro Doll resin match? They don't have that many head sculpts yet.

18. manabusama, here is a link to a Mirodoll hybrid thread in the Photo Ref section. I hope it helps you!

I have my Doll Chateau Erica head (NS-P) on a NS Mirodoll body and the match is quite lovely in person. My camera picks up the difference in hue (the body is slightly lighter, though that may be exemplified by my boy's face-up blushing) but overall I am happy with him and will be even happier once his clothes/wig/etc arrive. :aheartbea

He is quite short compared to my other boys (see minis in profile) but since I crave variety in my crew I'm fine with his height. I will admit to putting him in boots with a small heel, just so he looks taller than my Leekeworld Mikhaila (who character-wise is my 'shortest').

[​IMG]

19. True, MD MiroDoll bodies are deffo shorter than other MSD and slim MSD, they barely reach 40/39Cm with head on, but you cna get some buffalo shoes for male to balance different in height if someone is really bother by this ;)