1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mirodoll Mini Discussion Thread

Jan 27, 2011

1. Hello every body
      i'm here to find your help...
      In march i ordered the new 1/4 girl body on mirodoll
      Last week i receive the parcel, but it is not a mirodoll in!
      It's a body from Magical Angel, i recognized it by the pictures....
      How is it possible?
      Maybe they possess the two compagnies?
      Now my real problem, with the body i have no certificate not even a simple card ...
      Did you have something with your Miro dolls?
      thank you!

2. Yes, Miro is selling both Mirodolls and XingMeng dolls. Since a week or so this is (more) clearly marked on their site where the XM dolls now have their own section. Miro is just retailing the XingMeng dolls for XingMeng factory.

Not all legit Chinese doll companies give out certificates or cards with their dolls. (And some illegitimate companies do have cards & certificates, so that's no help.) But the fact that Miro has a longrunning thread here on DoA should tell you that Miro is a legit doll company; DoA is very sharply keeping an eye on shady doll companies!

Take a look at post #109 of this thread for comments from Miro's representative about this.

3. thank you Ikke777 for your answer!
      I'm not worried about the legality of my doll body, it is for selling it...
      Buyers ask me for a certificate...

4. I been wondering since anyone can tell me how good the resin is of Mirodoll? the pictures and quality isnt that good so I would like owners say on this. If any kind of help would be awesome :D

5. I'm very happy with the resin quality from Miro. Have WS, NS, Dark Chocolate and a few dark custom colors from them. The color is always all the way through the doll so you are free to mod and it will all be the same color. The material itself feels just as good as from any other doll I own, and it's a lot better than some of the older dolls I own.

After more than 1 year, the NS color has stayed very nice. As with most dolls the very pink color that the NS dolls came in toned down with in a few weeks to a lovely mellow pink-peachy color that seems to go with a lot of the colors of my floating heads, ranging from a 70%-95% colormatch.

The WS has mellowed a little bit; now it's not quite as super paper white any more, which I think is an improvement; I'm not a fan of paper white. (Incidentally the WS souldoll I bought around the same time as my WS Miro has yellowed more than the Miro.)

Over all I'm a big fan of Miro's resin. It's nice and silky to the touch; not too shiny and not too course.

The finish on the bodies is great; all seams sanded with only a few discolorations in the Dark Chocolate skin (this is normal for darker skin colors for all BJD companies, so it's nothing to worry about.)

Does that help?

6. ikke777: Yes that helps so much thank you! This is exactly what I been looking for.

7. My Xinmeng doll from Mirodoll didn't come with a certificate either. If the doll doesn't normally come with one, then buyers won't expect one. If someone wants to know for sure it's legit, you can take pics of the logo on the parts. This pic shows the headcap and knee joint logos, it also has them on the backs of the shoulders and soles of the feet.

[​IMG]

8. sorry I guess that is where the confusion lies because magical angel does have the same stamps on them..I was not trying to create any confusion or asumptions it was just an observation because I had seen the dolls on their website ..my apologizes to Mirodoll and anyone that took offense to my post, I did recently go on the site and see the separate listing as Xinmeng. They are great dolls I have one from each Xinmeng and Mirdoll they are sturdy and well constructed and at a wonderful price an the fabulous colors you offer are outstanding. I plan on buying more when I'm able.

this makes me wonder though if there should be a separate thread for Xinmeng?

yep not all company's do certificates Resinsoul and Bobobie don't have them either along with quite a few other companies..most will though have a stamp of some sort, but not all companies have stamps either its pretty much do lots of research and read reviews. I've had nothing but great service from Mirodoll.

9. Am I reading something wrong, or are the girls bodies really $60 right now? I followed the link on DOA to their official website, but, wow. I'm still new and was given an impression that mirodolls were more expensive. :)

10. Pasty_Angels, Miro is having a winter event, so yes, the prices are very good right now.
      The body you looked at is the MSD sized 'new girl' body. I have one, it's very nice!

11. Ikke77, that is amazing! Haha if never had expected that price for such good-looking dolls :) Thank you

12. The only that will bite $$$$ you is shipping...but there are usually no wait times.

13. Anyone know if Mirodoll white skin and Dollstown pale are any kind of match?

14. I want to get a miro doll girl to be my first big mod project but I have a few questions out of the old and new girl bodies which will fit better with a crew of standard sized msds and not look shrimp y? Also how are they with custom face up requests? I think I want a yaya head with a pin up look to be my spider lady.

15. Stella Twilight, yes Miro doll will do custom face-ups, but you MUST send them a picture, not just tell them 'I want a pin-up style face', because that won't work. My experience with Miro custom face-ups it that you will get a rather toned down version of what you requested. No necessarily a bad thing IMO.

The new girl body is a little taler than the old, but a lot less mature. If you're going for the pin-up look, IMO, the old body would be great; she could be a petite lady.

16. Just be aware there Will be a wait if you order a faceup, i'm on week six and still processing, will probably still be quicker than most other Companies though!

17. does anyone have pictures of the newer girl body?(alone, with any other body would be great) or at least an idea of the full height? I'm guessing it is pretty small due to the website measurements, but it doesn't say how tall it is

18. Thanks ikke777 I have some artwork in mind I am going to send in as a request.

That is what I was wondering as well Sephy. And how it will look with other non slim minis. I had a resinsoul Lan I had to let go because she was small and looked oddly out of scale with my crew.

19. My body came in this week, and I love it so much I'm ordering another to better suit another hybrid I have. Will take pics of the new girl body alongside doll leaves, dika doll, & planetdoll bodies this weekend : )

20. YES PLEASE! is it the old body or the new one? I have been searching everywhere to see more of this body and if it will work for my mnf head. I want her to be shorter than my standard a-line girl, but still have nice proportions... and a good price. Overall a pretty hard combination to find since mnfs are already so small!