1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Missing and Stolen Dolls

Jun 22, 2008

• What is missing? Resinsoul Dong face plate in coffee skin
      • Are there any distinguishing characteristics? (i.e. specific damage, modification, etc). Missing Headcap (possibly missing magnet where the headcap should meet the faceplate. I have no photos of him so I am providing the company photo (original issues with doll bonding means he hasn't really been photographed...)
      • http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/Shizzy3134/20121021205645479_zps4ap19qbq.jpg
      • http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/Shizzy3134/Untitled_zps4bqh5t5o.png
      • When was the doll last seen? Sunday, March 20th
      • Where was the doll last seen? Safeway in Salem Oregon near Silverton
      • Under what conditions did it go missing, and do you know who may have taken it? (i.e. Was it "traded" to another forum member who has disappeared or been banned? Was the doll stolen at a meetup?) Brought to place of work of faceup artist for pickup. The doll head was placed in a box and locked in a cabinet behind the floral counter. Faceup artist 'hopes it was hidden by prankster coworker' as few have access to that area. Faceup artist has kindly ordered a replacement but I would be happy to have my own back....
      • Where would you like to be contacted if someone has any information on your doll? Via PM on denofangels is fine.

#41 CCKitty, Mar 24, 2016
      Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2019
    1. It's so sad to write this, especially after being inactive here and just enjoying the collection I had, but I guess I'll post the information here on the off chance something may come up, even if just for the sake of justice. My entire collection of 9 dolls was stolen from me. I left California temporarily and couldn't bring my dolls, so they were left in a indoor storage unit in Lennox, in the south Los Angeles area. Literally days after I got back to California, but before I could get to my unit, it was broken into, and my dolls, amongst other things, were taken. They were stolen around May 6th, 2016.

The missing dolls are: Dream of Doll DoC Bee-A, Nobility Doll Raon, Soom Iv, Crobidoll Silver Ring Ara. These dolls had factory faceups.
      And these dolls had faceups I did myself: Luts Senior Delf Kara, Luts SDF Ethan, Angel Fantasy Koli, DikaDoll Ling Ri, Soom Dolomi. There was an FantasyDoll Nina head I used to practice faceups as well; this head had some subtle staining because of this. Their clothes, eyes, wigs, accessories... everything was taken.

Most of these dolls were hot glue sueded, a couple of them wired, but in good condition. I don't think that the people who took them really understand what BJDs were, they seemed to just grab things at random. I suspect they'll end up in a second hand flea market in the LA area somewhere, hopefully not just junked... So far I haven't seen anything online. I don't expect to ever see them again, sadly, but it's worth a shot. I'm trying to gather what photos I can, but they were on different harddrives, and may also be missing (though I did recover at least one HD from the storage). If I find any, I'll be sure to add them here. My icon has the SDF Ethan I painted.

I can be reached here via PM, or on DeviantArt, Tumblr, Twitter, and Instagram with the username Mowsette. [email protected] is also an option.

2. I would get a lawyer and have a little chat with that storage facility. Those indoor storage places are supposed to be secure with cameras and people watching. That's the whole reason you pay them over a $100 a month usually for a storage space. If someone broke into your storage space then they owe you for what was lost. I'm sure they have some kind of liability insurance. Pursue it. You might not get your dolls back but you might get compensated at least.

3. @Mouse Wow, that's awful. :( Best wishes getting your things back! :(

I second contacting the facility; they might have insurance. Also, try contacting the local flea markets, pawn shops, thrift marts, etc. with your contact info (multiple contact options) + printed-out photos of your dolls and things, so they can be on the lookout for them; also contact the individual sellers who sell dolls/similar things at the flea markets with your contact info and the same photos. File a police report, and also give them photos of the dolls. Sometimes they'll bust a theft ring and the confiscated items will just gather dust in the evidence rooms since they don't know who to call. Stay vigilant! Thieves sometimes wait a few weeks or months before unloading their merchandise. Don't give up!

4. So sorry to hear this @Mouse. How devastating.

Definitely file a police report and contact the storage facility. I'm hoping you had homeowners or renters insurance. If so, contact your insurance company so they can get involved as well, and help you with a claim against the storage company's insurance. Document every step and conversation, and provide receipts and any photos you have. Best of luck to you!

5. [​IMG]

~What is missing? (Mold, skintone)
      LittleMonica VIP Monica head

EDIT: Through many long conversations with post offices, and probably a lot of luck, Monica has been returned home :)

#46 Cydril, May 22, 2016
      Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    6. Owner doesn't have a DoA account/is in the process of signing up, so I'm posting about this theft on their behalf, with permission (owner can be reached at nireleigh on tumblr and elwingravenhair on instagram):

[​IMG]

5/14/2016

Trying to get this spread around - maybe I can get my doll back!

Sometime about ten days ago, my apartment was burglarized. All my electronics were stolen, as well as my son’s hermit crabs and big crabitat. Family has been kind enough to offer some replacements, including a new tank for kiddo, but I would *really* like my Haupe back.

Haupe is a 1/3 sized (approx. 24 inches tall) ball jointed doll, from Magical Angel. He’s a male Kelly sculpt with their basic faceup. Doll was stolen, wearing the items pictured: Panda hat, blond wig, wig cap, orange rubber band bracelet, rainbow tubescarf, pink and white necklace, black collar, rust red/maroon hoodie shirt, gray leggings, and black fuzzy boots. He has a small scuff under his wig cap, that I just had not gotten around to scrubbing off, but no damage otherwise.

Haupe means a lot to me - he’s been my hobby, my one ‘big’, non-electronic purchase, ever, and a secret stress reliever. I wasnt huge into any of the groups or meetups, but that doesn’t make him less special. As a low income single mom, that makes him pretty important. If found and returned, I will do my very best to repay you, to pay it foreward. And if you’re the thief, I won’t ask questions. You must have awful issues of your own, to steal from someone who’s already down.

Please, could we spread this around? Repost everywhere, please. Hopefully someone will see him and get him back to me. (at Kearney, Nebraska)

• What is missing? (Mold, skintone) ns Adori on Volks boy body and Chocolate skin smiling Adori (on adori girl boy) Dollzone Heavy Rain
      • Are there any distinguishing characteristics? (i.e. specific damage, modification, etc). Their face-ups and customisation. Heavy Rain also had been modded for extra movement.
      • When was the doll last seen? 10-05-2016
      • Where was the doll last seen? Melrose, Scotland
      • Under what conditions did it go missing, and do you know who may have taken it? (i.e. Was it "traded" to another forum member who has disappeared or been banned? Was the doll stolen at a meetup?) My camera bag was stolen and they were in there. Stolen from our car which was in the parkinglot.
      • Where would you like to be contacted if someone has any information on your doll? [email protected]

[​IMG]Adori and Iseul by Hasel-Anne van Stormbroek, on Flickr

[​IMG]

7. My Soom Beryl which was stolen from a My Hermes depot just showed up on Ebay. Please do NOT buy her! The police are investigating. You can see her photos on my friend Muraki88 thread list. :(
      Please do not attempt to report the seller

EDIT: Sale has been removed. Police are taking action to retrieve :)

#49 Azouie, Oct 3, 2016
      Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
      • What is missing? Dolshe saint in fresh skin

• Are there any distinguishing characteristics? hes got full body bluching and is covered head to toe in freckles, bright red wig. his sleeping faceplate has the original factory blushing

• When was the doll last seen? october 12th 2016

• Where was the doll last seen? the tracking shows its in huntington park california as of the 18th

• Under what conditions did it go missing, and do you know who may have taken it? it was lost in a trade, i sent my doll but the person failed to send theirs, instead i received what is basically a rock
      • this person goes by the names anne sykes, lexi rivera and catavina ponz and she lives in huntington ca
      • shes known to sell at really unbelievable prices.
      • Where would you like to be contacted if someone has any information on your doll? here, Tia Fox | Facebook, or my email [email protected][​IMG]
      • [​IMG]

8. EDIT: Miya Hecate refused customs charges in December and I just got my doll back after it was returned by ParcelForce! He is no longer missing!
      -------------------------
      • What is missing? Bluefairy Tinyfairy Denis
      • Are there any distinguishing characteristics? Factory faceup, dressed in decora-kei
      • When was the doll last seen? November 8th, 2016 on mailing out
      • Where was the doll last seen? In a box being mailed from me.
      • Under what conditions did it go missing, and do you know who may have taken it? It was traded to a Miya Hecate on Facebook, who has since deleted their account. She was supposed to be trading an Only Dol KeXin, but she doesn't have this doll and stole the pictures from another user. Currently she has been thought to have scammed two or three others there.
      • Where would you like to be contacted if someone has any information on your doll? Please message me on here or on Tumblr @ ImperfectOrphanage
      Right now I'm working with a Fifi Wilson on Facebook who was also scammed. My package is held by customs, and Fifi has a police report with multiple counts of fraud on it against Miya. We are waiting to see if the package is claimed (Miya will have to pay $70 in fees because I do not underdeclare items) and if she does, the police can track her.

Please see my post on tumblr for more information.

I have removed her address from this post so that I can share it here. All information is available there.

Here is a picture of my Denis:
      [​IMG]

#51 KohakuTenshi, Nov 14, 2016
      Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
      • What is missing? Dollzone 62cm Raphael head in normal pink
      • Are there any distinguishing characteristics? The head is blank
      • When was the doll last seen? Shipped to me from ACBJD
      • Where was the doll last seen? Albany NY, heading to Jonestown NY.
      • Under what conditions did it go missing, and do you know who may have taken it? Alices Collections put the incorrect zip code
      • Where would you like to be contacted if someone has any information on your doll? Here or on instagram @hobbithabits

FOUND

#52 brichu, Jan 20, 2017
      Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    9. What is missing? 2005 LUTS Soony bjd in normal skin.
      Are there any distinguishing characteristics? Goth style amateur faceup by me. She had a small crack/chip in her face.
      When was the doll last seen? 2012-2013. She was in a bag with clothes and wigs and i did not initially notice her missing until I moved out.
      Where was the doll last seen? At the Copycat building in Baltimore, MD where i lived from 2011-2013.
      Under what conditions did the doll go missing and do you know who might have taken it? I don't know. I noticed she was missing after i moved away, she was not with my other dolls. I lived in a place that was all shows and parties so someone could have easily stolen her.
      Where would you like to be contacted if someone has any information on your doll? Here on DoA or by email at reillyec at gmail.com I know it's a long shot but maybe she turned up somewhere.

Here are some pictures:
      [​IMG]
      This is the most recent face up.

[​IMG]Older image, this wig went missing with her.

• What is missing?
        • U-noa Mocha 2nd fullset
      • Are there any distinguishing characteristics? (i.e. specific damage, modification, etc).
        • Her set has a handmade white bikini with lace
      • Under what conditions did it go missing, and do you know who may have taken it?
        • I bought this Unoa Mocha 2.0 from Yahoo Japan Auctions using Buyee.jp on February 5th, 2017: ユノアクルス セカンド モカ肌 塗装版 -ユノア- /【Buyee】 "Buyee" Japan Shopping Service | Buy from Yahoo! Buy from Japan! Buyee shipped it by Express Mail on February 10th, 2017 but she never arrived to me. Her tracking number states that she was delivered to a completely different state and person. It was signed for by "P. Francisco" in Kansas City, Missouri. However, this person did not return the doll to the postal service, even though it was not their package. Buyee filed a postal claim and the postal service declared the package lost. I have not received any refund at this time. :(
      • Where would you like to be contacted if someone has any information on your doll?
        • Through PM here on DOA
      [​IMG]IMG_5463

[​IMG]IMG_5462

[​IMG]IMG_5461

• What is missing? Iplehouse EID Roger in light brown
      • Are there any distinguishing characteristics? Doll has a noticable "yellowing" (green color on tan doll) on face and hands. You can see it on the second photo (when I sent Roger he was whithout makeup).
      • When was the doll last seen? 26.02.2017 (package with my doll processed through facility in ISC New York). After that date my package vanished.
      • Where was the doll last seen? ISC New York NY (USPS)
      • Under what conditions did it go missing, and do you know who may have taken it? I've sold Roger to USA buyer and sent it via EMS. The package was tracked in ISC New York (26.02.2017) and vanished. Buyer returned her money via PayPal, so I want to return my doll back. =/ I don't know where is the package now. USPS didn't find it and closed my case.
      • Where would you like to be contacted if someone has any information on your doll? Please, PM me here.

[​IMG]
        [​IMG]

#55 Nulize, Aug 10, 2017
      Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    10. PROBLEM SOLVED! My neighbor took the parcel in, and reached out to me. She is safe with me. Much ado about nothing :sweat

I am writing with great grief that a doll of my dreams have been stolen even before I've opened them. I will update this post with help from my seller, as the seller knows more about this doll than myself.

What is missing? (Mold, skintone)

Fairyland Minifee Normal Skin Chloe with default faceup. Mako eyes were included. It has the fairyland box, but it predates CoA, so no CoA.

Are there any distinguishing characteristics? (i.e. specific damage, modification, etc).
      If the faceup is still kept, then she can be identified by the faceup.

When/where was the doll last seen?
      It was delivered at front door in June 21st, 2018, 12:25pm. I came to check for the parcel at 6:50pm, but it was not there.

Under what conditions did it go missing, and do you know who may have taken it?
      I highly suspect my newly moved-in neighbors. It was probably stolen from my front door.

Where would you like to be contacted if someone has any information on your doll?
      Please just message me directly on DoA. I get email notfication, so I can check your message pretty quickly.

#56 cherryquf, Jun 22, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    11. Today I bought two BJD's that I found in the thrift store my fiance works at. Of course we bought them and are psyched but we're also concerned that they might have been misdonated, like, someones mom donated them by mistake.

One is an MSD Angel of Dream, the other is an unidentifiable YoSD. If you can provide a description of these dolls, or photos, we'd love to reconnect you!

• Lost at the sorting center postnl
      • What is missing? (Mold, : DZ Nyu head white skin
      • Are there any distinguishing characteristics? (i.e. specific damage, modification, etc). : no damage. Oak face up with green flowers on her eyelids
      • When was the doll last seen?: 24 july 2018
      • Where was the doll last seen? : sorting centre postnl utrecht netherlands
      • Under what conditions did it go missing, and do you know who may have taken it? (i.e. Was it "traded" to another forum member who has disappeared or been banned? Was the doll stolen at a : from the sorting center. The tracking showed it went in there and was ready for delivery. It never went in the delivery truck
      • Where would you like to be contacted if someone has any information on your doll?: please pm me here
      Lost at the sorting center postnl

#58 Guinan, Aug 22, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2018
    12. UPDATE. HEAD HAS BEEN RETURNED!
      • What is missing? IMMORTALITY OF SOUL GARSH
      • Are there any distinguishing characteristics? NO
      • When was the doll last seen? JULY
      • Where was the doll last seen? WITH HEATHER BAE OR "GOCKT"
      • Under what conditions did it go missing, and do you know who may have taken it? Heather offered to do a free faceup for me so I sent her the head. After difficulty in communication she blocked me on facebook and refuses to send the head back.
      • Where would you like to be contacted if someone has any information on your doll? Here on DOA or email @ [email protected]

#59 Daiyanissa, Oct 29, 2018
      Last edited: Nov 22, 2018