1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Misty Blue Elf Kumi - Yellowing Alert!

Apr 13, 2007

1. I don't know if you can see it in this photo, but I just got this MB Roko off ebay, and there is extremely bad yellowing that the seller did not mention... The ebay pictures did not show it either. I should have asked...

The legs and arms do not match the body at all. The photo shows that there is a difference, but the color is not correct.

[​IMG]

2. Hmmm... yeah, that doesn't look good! :(

I guess we all should be prepared for color problems with colored elves, but some are worse than others and sellers really should be up-front with it.

3. Oh so sorry to hear that. I sold my green elf kumi hers was not as bad as that is was more overall slight yellow color change (mine was never in the light at all or sat near a window) I think exposure to the air does it not just the light. I have seen some that are very localized like that.

4. I am willing to buy Lightpink Pepe but now I am really afraid that I will just be wasting my money. I don't want to keep my doll in the box or cover her with UV cut everytime that I take her out of home. and ,acording to some posts, the color also tends to fade, right?
      So even if I keep her 'safe' she will lose her color anyway? :,(

I still want to buy my pink pepe but I feel insecure...
      Thanks you so much for sharing these informations! ♥

Moonie

5. This information is from the old, first batch of Bambicrony colored elves made with french resin (over a year ago now)... I'm not sure how much it applies, if at all, to the new colored elves.

6. Reviving this thread:

Now that some time has passed, I'm wondering if more people have experienced Yellowing problems with the original colored Elves???

I just noticed a Marketplace post for a MB elf that was yellowed, too.

I have both a MB Kumi and a LSG Pepe... So far, no major yellowing problems, but I haven't really checked in a while. I keep both wrapped tightly in a fleece blanket in another bag. How is everyone storing their Colored Elves? Just curious! I'm wondering if everyone is experiencing yellowing or just some people?

7. Yep the new colored elves are French resin and there's a warning at the bottom of the page regarding yellowing.