1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Modding the gender of a doll/switching male heads to female bodies+vise versa?

Jan 25, 2007

1. Have you put a girl's head on a boy's body?
      Sure have! My very first doll, Gabriel, is a Bobobie Sprite head (sold as and almost always seen as female), which was swapped over to a male body for me by the dealer. He's since moved to a shorter Mirodoll body, but is still very much male.
      And just recently, I received my LTF Chloe, Alphonse. Thank goodness for FairyLand adding that a la carte option, so I could have a properly male Chloe!

What about a boy's head on a girl's body?
      Absolutely! :D My second/third doll (I ordered two at once, so there's no real telling which is which), Esa, was acquired as part of an Angel of Dream free head event. I selected the Yo/You head, and ordered a female body to go with it. (To be fair, when I was browsing the heads, I saw Yo/You and thought "ooh, she's pretty!" before clicking through and discovering she was in fact a he. Blank, it can look a bit more masculine, but their company photos still look pretty feminine to me.)
      And thank goodness for a la carte LTFs again, last year I also got a LTF Reni, Razzy, who's a very cute girl with a face originally sold as a boy.

Additionally, while FL doesn't strictly gender some of their event heads, I think I may be one of the very few making my Sarang head into a boy, whenever I can get his body ordered up. I've definitely seen a lot of very cute female Sarangs, but I don't think I've seen a male one yet. And there's some other heads out there I'm considering, but with a gender-swap. There's definitely a good number of them out there that can work either way!

2. I have to say I always like to turn boys to girls and vice versa(putting my hands up)
      Sometimes the face features of the female doll looks ..... just like a male. I had a lot of fun when people found my boys are originally a girl model :D

[​IMG]
      My Dio,Edria( maker says it is a female head on HD65 boy body)

[​IMG]
      And Maya(Momotree lucy) on yosd boy body

3. I have a Soom Alex - Warriour lady on a Soom male body.
      I prefer to just replace the body to change the gender instead of modifying it. But I modified my Doll-Chateau Ada into a boy for a reason, that there is no male body her size in the market.