1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Modesty with your dolls.

Sep 20, 2011

1. Most of my dolls are pretty covered up. I don't really do it for any reason other than, I love choosing outfits for them. The older girls usually show a little more skin than my younger one, but that's more of a character thing. None of them are dressed in anything I would consider skimpy right now.
      That said I have a new girl coming who has an X rated job, and I want to dress her in job approprate clothes. She's an adult, and her bjd shell looks like a young adult, so I'm not worried about that, but this thread has got me thinking that maybe I should get her a PG version of her outfit too.

2. I don't see anything wrong with dollies showin off their resin goods in a tasteful manner!!! If you're comfortable with it, all the power to you! ^.^

3. My minifee has lot of clothes, but that is not because I would feel bad of him being half naked, it's just because of character I have "attached" to the doll. If he had other character, why not? I don't see a problem on dressing your dolls as you please - why not? They are just dolls, after all! :3

4. I'm actually not picky when it comes to modesty with my dolls. I just kind of roll with whatever "personalities" they have. Almost all of them are very covered up and dressed casually, but that's just how I envision them. I could definitely see myself dressing my dolls in more revealing outfits if that's what would suit them.

I think it just comes down to personal preference of the doll's owner. Dress them however you see fit. :)

5. Well *I* don't dress with all that much modesty so I wouldn't shy away from dressing a doll in anything risque. The only female doll I have right now is an SD10 though and I wouldn't dress her in anything that was supposed to be "sexy" since she looks so young but I might go for short little-girl skirts or what have you. My boy dolls dress like boys. If I had a sexy mature female doll you can bet she'd be showing off her assets :D

6. It's your doll. Do whatever you want and what ever floats your boat. As long as its nothing illegal or against the law GO FOR IT.
      (I have nothing against some of nude resin as long as they are classy or tasteful)
      But dont push your opinion to me that i (we) dressing my(our) doll in frilly clothes or whatever ~defeats the purpose of having them. I do appreciate them with or without clothing.
      I think they are pretty, lovely and sexy with or without clothes.
      Because if not, i wont have them in the first place. ^____^

7. What I do or do not put on my dolls varies wildly. I like to show off their joints (or sculpt/blushing), but I also like beautiful doll clothes (from Victorian era to skimpy little numbers). On top of that I'm also a huge pervert anyway.

8. I think your doll is for doing all that you want with it. Many people have sweet characters in mind, and some other have fantasy characters in mind, and others have sluty characters in mind, and everyone pays a good money for their dolls, so is logic that we can do the looks of our dolls as we please, as it is valid that if any one doesn't like the look of a particular doll is in all the right of not to look at it.

I like to watch all variety of characters. I'm not so good creating chars, but I love BJD's sculpts head to toes, and personally find funny the doll nudity concept. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and so is lust, pervertion, chastity, modesty.

9. Most of my dolls happen to be of sizes that are not amenable to "sexy" clothes (being mostly chibi-style tinies, 1/6 YoSD-like dolls and a couple of MSD or slightly smaller dolls with tween-like physiques, which are way too underage for that), but I just can't bring my busty unoa to dress sexytiems, either: I loathe the "fashion doll" Barbie aesthetic and she happens to be a character that I mentally defined as "sensible warrior woman", so showing skin would be more than a bit OOC.

Then again, it's your doll, have it your way *shrugs*

10. I agree. Just because you show off some skin on a doll doesnt mean your objectifying women or whatever. As a girl I choose what I want to wear by how cute it is. And if it happens to show off some skin then thats fine. You dress your dolls in what suits them and what looks good on them, not just to show off their skin. If the purpose is to just show off the dolls body then thats fine too. Who cares. If people are bothered by what your dolls are wearing then thats their problem, not yours.
      And it is true mostly women like dressing their male dolls in girls clothes. We all have our own personal tastes and thats what makes us and our dolls unique.

11. I buy my dolls for their sexy bodies, so they flaunt it!

12. If you get a doll with a nice figure, there's no harm in showing it off! I like revealing outfits that emphasize the bust and legs of my adult dolls. But they've got other clothing that's far less revealing, and still beautiful. It's a matter of what you like and what they look good in, and has nothing to do with objectifying them.

13. I say you should feel comfortable showing as much doll skin as you please. After all it is your doll and if the doll has certain features like tattoos for example, why should you hide it. let the doll express yourself and have fun with thee outfits. Hope to see some pics of your Gal in a few striking outfits lol

14. I agree that it defeats the purpose when one covers up a nice body! Heck, my Abio Angels don't even have "amazing" bodies, but I still like to leave them fairly exposed. It's another beautiful dimension to these dolls and it needs to be shown and appreciated <3

15. I don't care about skimpy outfits, but for some reason the idea of my doll sitting around naked weirds me out! I'm already knitting a very basic wrap for my future doll just so she doesn't have to spend a single moment naked when she shows up. I blame my Catholic upbringing :sweat

16. It is a matter of preference. For my dolls I generally tend to keep them covered because they are young and would look out-of-sorts in skimpy clothing. But some dolls just look hot and if your goal is to amp that up, then go for it. :)

17. I think it's entirely up to the owner how much you want to show off of your doll. My dolls are all variously dressed due to their personalities. Talulah, my little dragon girl, is nude because I haven't found a good dress/shirt for her yet. Val likes to wear his shirt open. Zephyra refuses to accept anything not made by me and I like to show her legs. And Melody is my modest doll. Long sleeves, knee length skirt, and stockings along with regular high heeled shoes.

18. I think this hobby is so individualized that there really isn't such a thing as doing something that "defeats the purpose" of any aspect of the hobby. Clearly, the person who owns the doll wants to dress the doll in a particular way for some reason, so clearly it's not defeating any purpose for that owner. In fact, it might have been one of the main purposes of having the doll to begin with.

19. Conservative clothing please! Which is really giving me a big headache. I mean I love Iplehouse's Amy and her glamour size breasts have a beautiful shape but I would love her more if they have the glamour size breast at a smaller scale. The other 2 sizes looked a bit off...
      I don't like showy clothes. At all. I just can't stand them, so don't ask why. Nothing too low or too high. Something that oozes sex appeal to others might gross me out. Looks a bit too dangerous and why dress to impress others that way? My dolls are goody two shoes in that aspect. But they won't mind blackmailing people.

20. Hi everyone! :)

I know this might sound like a silly question to ask, but I am seriously wanting to know your thoughts. I have had multiple people tell me, and have experienced this first hand, people in the bjd hobby getting very upset about doll nudity. I honestly don't mind it and don't see a problem with it. To me, even though I love my dolls, they are just dolls. I'm having a hard time understanding why anyone would have a problem with it, unless it was being used in what I consider an inappropriate way (i.e, rape scenes or child like dolls in a sexual way).