1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Modesty with your dolls.

Sep 20, 2011

1. I don't have a problem with dolly nudity, but I got into this hobby because of my love of fashion and miniatures. I admire the dolls and I think they are works of art naked, but I just love miniature clothes and shoes, so I would prefer to show those off more.

I am planning to get a Doll Chateau adult body for one of my floating heads and I would dress her in floating, sheer fabrics so that her unusual body could be seen, but she'd also be wearing something pretty. My dolls have conventional bodies at the moment, so I'd be less likely to show those off.

2. I don't have a big problem with nude dolls. I just don't like it when others see my dolls without something on, I feel like they are embarrassed. And I don't like when people try to undress one of my dolls in front of me, but that's just me. ;)

3. i think i would dress my doll depending on the personality i gave to him/her..
      for example my first doll will dress like an haughty wild self-centered smexy boy! XD
      but maybe the others will dress differently..more cover or less..

4. LOL! I have a boy, a Soom Monzo Mega Gem and he hates clothes. even if he wears pants he's almost always shirtless or near shirtless. He's a free spirit type who basically doesn't care if he's naked or not so long as he's comfy. I like his form personally and I enjoy seeing him without clothes so I don't complain.
      I enjoy seeing how people do their dolls but to be honest, I'm enjoy the ones that show more skin (male and female) most. I know I'm a perv.

5. I have no problem with dolly nudity or dolls in skimpy clothes as long as it's appropriate. I've got a couple ladies that love to flaunt it :sweat But that's just because it's their personality.

My young girl doll is always modest. I hardly ever take off her panties, and I try to keep her time topless when changing her clothes to a minimum because I feel so ashamed looking at her when she's undressed :blush

6. There is nothing wrong with either side of this. If you love intricate clothing and details or modesty then cover up that doll. But I do feel that the human form is a beautiful thing and there is no need for modesty or shame in wearing things that accentuate the human form or for that matter being naked. We are all born naked and we all have the same parts (so to speak) so I honestly don't understand when people are offend by too little clothing. In the end it really is to each his own.

7. I find the whole stigma of nudity in regards to actual humans to be incredibly stupid, seriously, we all have approximately the same body parts and we're all born naked so I don't see what the big deal is about seeing those parts, so why I would care about nudity of dolls is beyond me.

If you want to leave them naked all the time, awesome. If you want them to be a stripper, awesome. If you want to cover them from head to toe in a burlap sack so nothing of the doll is visible, awesome.

8. I'm a modest person myself most of the time so my boys are the same way. (Except my incoming SDF Noel.. He's going to be the bad boy of the group so he might insist on wearing less clothing than the others to show off that rock star body. :lol:) .... I do tend to cover their butts/laps if I'm changing their clothes in front of someone, though. >.>

I don't really care one way or the other how someone dresses their doll because that's up to them... but I personally prefer to have my dolls clothed and looking stylish. ;)

9. Fox is currently sat in my desk, completely nude, an envelope covering his modesty. That's only because his body was a spur of the moment buy from my own country though; usually they have an outfit waiting for them when they get here. All of my dolls dress fairly modestly - Neeko's preferred shirt is a bit transparent, but he's a guy so it's not so bad. Seraphine will only wear dresses and skirts because of her personality but they're usually just above the knee, or her legs are covered in socks and tights. They all wear what corresponds to who I picture them to be though, and my characters just tend to be less revealing in dress. I personally own a lot of revealing clothing though, so I suppose that's not where it comes from.

10. Everyone has different tastes. If you wish to have your doll go around naked all the time, that's fine. If you wish to dress her to show off her body, that's fine. If someone wishes to dress them up in a lot of clothes, that's THEIR choice.

You do understand that people are free to do what they wish with their dolls, right? ;)

Anyway, that's the way I see it. Have fun doing your own thing! It's simple. (or at least, it should be!) :sweat

11. My family members tend to be offended when they see my naked doll between outfits. To keep the peace I made her a plain cotton cover up for when I'm working on a costume, but need to keep her displayed between fittings for convenience.

12. personally I prefer to dress my doll in clothes that cover a lot but I don't see anything wrong with dressing your doll in a way that "shows too much skin" (what is and isn't too much will be different depending on who you ask too), you should dress YOUR doll however YOU want

EDIT: actually I'm not too sure I'd dress dolls with interesting bodies (like a DollChateau doll) in clothes that cover so much, I'd want to see their bodies more because that would probably be the reason I got them

13. In the wise words of the Beautiful Dolls That Have Omph Association (a.k.a BDTHOA) If you got it, flaunt it. ;)
      Haha, on a serious note I think it depends on the character and owner's decisions.

14. for me it really depends on the doll and the situation. I adore fashion and because of health issues I often can't wear the outfits or shoes I would like to so dressing my dolls up in a lot of clothing sounds super fun to me. On the other hand, I love full figured adult female dolls and when I get one you bet she will be scantily clad, at least some of the time.

Different strokes for different folks

15. I like to keep my dolls clothed, but mostly because I live with a six-year-old younger brother and my parents. There have been times, however, when Angelo sits on his chair in just his undies. I love the way his body was sculpted, so I like to admire that on occasion. I do have a doll though, that must wear clothes at all times. It just doesn't suit her to be naked. And I have yet another doll that could be covered or go completely without anything. Sometimes, I let her belly show because I think it looks good. It's all about preference and how one likes to do things. If you like to leave your girl in next-to-nothing, do it. If you think that maybe your guy doll should be covered up to his eyelids, do that too. Heck- if you have a doll that just won't keep their clothes on- go ahead and indulge them. I personally try not to let other's opinions rule my little dolly world. I value my parents' judgment and not getting teased by them (it's really annoying and non-stop, so that's pretty much the only reason why I let my parents affect my doll hobby), so I leave their clothes on most of the time. But, as soon as I move out, I might just let things get a little bare. ^^ This hobby is all about individual approaches. Why else would we be able to change the doll's skin, eyes, hair, and every other thing imaginable?

16. I prefer keeping my own dolls dressed for pics,but doll nudity doesn't bother me in the slightest. I don't understand why it's a big deal either way,why people care if someone else's doll has clothes or not. :?

17. I've always dressed my doll according to their personalities, and I've never bothered to change that based on what people say.
      They only doll I definitely wouldn't dress in a skimpy outfit is my Soom Glot, and that's only because she's portraying a four year old. If (hopefully when) I can buy her Adult!version, she will definitely be showing a lot of skin/resin :)

18. If it fits the character I think you should dress it however skimpy you want it to be.
      My main girl is intended to be a lolita girl, but for other dolls I plan to have I think I would have some that dress less that modest.
      Having a doll in lots of clothes feel nice, but it's also great to have a doll that might not be so heavily clothed so you can actually appreciate the sculpt and body of the doll.

19. I kinda do with my girl dolls. None of them go without panties (only with skirts/dresses. No doll needs underwear under pants) and with a few exceptions I don't let them sit around without shirts on. I don't really care with my boys however, they sit around naked and let everything hang out all the time. I think that I project onto my girls since I am one...I'd never let the "girls" hang out and I don't go commando, so I feel like they shouldn't either....

I don't mind nude doll photography in the least. I don't bother with it, partly because I love clothes (both for the dolls and for me!) and half of what I like about my dolls is styling them, and I'm so character-centric...I just can't see them lounging around naked for photos...they have better things to do with their time in my head. Also, I don't think I'm nearly good enough to take decent nude photos of my dolls and not have it look lame. Plus, I like to blush my dolls...so they're dirty. It's just a fact - blushing attracts clothing dirt (I hate to say "stains". It comes off easily; therefore, not a stain). And when the blushing starts to chip or rub off it drives me nuts and I don't want to look at it, so no way am I showing it off in a photo. I'm usually just happy knowing that underneath their clothes they're not shiny and blank.

I am in the process of getting a DC body with the extra joints (Yays!!) for a head I have at home and I really don't plan for him to wear a lot of clothes. He's going to be a FtoM mod and I will bet money that I won't finish the mods (that's how I roll), but if he turns out the way I want, I will post photos of him naked regardless. That body is too fabulous not to show off.

20. Me being a girl and not having very "womanly body shape" My Minifee I got with a large bust, so I can live through her with all the skin showin' and curve huggin clothing xD