1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Modesty with your dolls.

Sep 20, 2011

1. My dolls vary in their modesty levels according to their personas and time periods. Most of them are pretty modest, but my pleasure-slave-turned-duchess has an absolutely scandalous slave-girl outfit, as well as a kirtle that covers her almost completely.

My big difficulty is my little DIM MSD girl, who is in the 13-14 range and wants to dress like a total tart. She bears watching. I don't care for child dolls in sexy clothing at all.

2. I tend to like dolls that are older, with mature sculpts. As such, I like to dress them a little provocatively ... or in lingerie .... to show off the gorgeous bodies. I do also have 'child' dolls. However, these are always well covered and dressed in 'age appropriate' clothing.

3. It's interesting to see people's different views on the subject of modesty. Most of my sculpts are youngsters, teen or younger girls. Because they're children or teens, if they are dressed, it tends to be modestly. I love cute little girl style, historical feel costumes, and ethereal type looks. I tend to draw inspiration from films, literature, art, etc. I have a preteen daughter and want to set a good example of what's appropriate for her. That being said, you can often walk into my space and see a nakee girl if I happen to be working on something such as a wig or potential outfit or piece. Being an artist they will often sit around that way as well. My husband has remarked on more than one occassion on the undressed state of a doll. I think he is used to it now! I was first drawn into the hobby as it was wonderful to see these as really gorgeous manikins. Art! i have a background in painting and drawing, and I can appreciate the beauty of the sculpts themselves. They really are fantastic! If I had more mature girls I think I would still dress them modestly. Being "blessed" with a full bosom naturally, it is just not comfortable, and I certainly don't display myself in an unbecoming fashion. I like to be appreciated for the brains God gave me. I'm sure if my girls had any brains, they might appreciate it too. ;) it comes down to personal taste and preference. It's all in good fun!

4. My girl will definitely be on the modest side, mainly because her character lives in the far north where it is winter basically all year. I would feel bad for her running around half naked in the snow XD

The elves from the south part of her world dress quite a bit less modestly because it is always so hot. If I ever shell one of their characters, she will be "less dressed" lol.

For me it really boils down to what is practical for the character.

5. Generally have never been a fan of overly sexed up outfits, but I won't necessarily not shy away from something that shows a bit of skin, It really depends on the girl being dressed. Some are really not the type to be doing so and then some like to flaunt it a bit :3

6. I actually feel cold when they lie there wearing nothing so I tend to put a blanket over them.
      I have 2 tinies, both girls, and both flat chested. So no modesty to worry about there.
      The 2 guys, at least some pants or undies in case someone walks in on me and get weird thought on what I'm doing with a naked man dollie.

7. I have fantasy dolls. Sometime it's a matter of getting them to wear any clothes. :lol: Most of the mers don't really wear anything except jewelry and occasional bits of filmy fabrics (sea shells chafe, you know).

The others seem to be ending up in top (for the girls) + some variant of sarong or harem pants to best accommodate fantasy parts. I do at least try for age-appropriate though. Visually-younger girls get to wear a vest instead of a skimpy halter top.

8. I'm all for dolls showing some skin. If you had a male doll (and you were a lady) then probably nobody would complain about you letting his skin show.

I happen to really like the female form and would have no problem dressing my ladies in revealing clothing. My newest doll is a bit of a flirt/tease/whatever is the appropriate word to use here on the forum. And I can totally see her wearing skimpy clothing sometimes. And yeah, I'll be the first to admit I'm a perv. I wouldn't mind seeing her running around in nothing but undies or whatever. Judge me, I don't care. There's nothing wrong with admiring something :)

I have a new guy doll (my first!) showing up later this week, and while I'm not really into guy's bodies so much, he -does- have a very nice body and I can see him lounging in jeans with no shirt, or open button up shirt.

So yeah, dress 'em as you like. Other people have as much right to tell you how to dress your dolls as they have the right to tell you how to dress yourself.

9. Like others have said mine depends on personalty. Don't let Aideen is more tomboy, but she isn't overly modest nor does she like very girly clothes. Libra is a doctor by trade and is extremely modest. When I get my Angelique she is very much the lady kind, and likes to be covered up. Don't let anyone else tell you who your dolls are supposed to be :)