1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Moggie61 transaction [Moggie's Toyshop]

Jun 5, 2008

1. No, I completely understand and I wish there was an even MORE proactive way to stop him from continuing to do business with the unaware collectors. It's a shame, really, but what do you do?

2. No, I think that's for the best. I don't think Moggie's going to magically going to reappear here. If he wants to repay us, he has our contact info...if he ever saved it to begin with...and he obviously has ways of keeping in touch (MSN, facebook) with people in the doll community.

And I think honestly many fewer people are going to buy from him with a DOA ban. Honestly, if I could automatically add a tag "but don't buy from him" to his name when/if people ever mention that the cuffs or collar or corset or doll or whatnot came from his store...I would. If I can keep this from happening to anyone else, I want to.

3. Ok, I've started a spreadsheet from what people are emailing me. Please put this information on your email:
      Name:
      Site ordered: ie doa/ebay/website etc
      User name ordered under: ie doa or ebay user name
      Date ordered or paid:
      Goods ordered: please include shipping fee
      Amount paid:
      Comments:

I don't care if people ordered off ebay,doa or his website, it's all still relevant and it will enable us to build a current list of amounts owed to people. I've got two orders sent by people and he owes almost $2000 US so far. I'm sure Moggie is trying to pay people back and perhaps he decided to clear the smaller orders first, but realistically, first paid should be first reimbursed. Keeping a spreadsheet on what's happening is the first step to getting things sorted out. I agree that the payment scheme would be best, but realistically as we are located in Australia, sending $5 by paypal would quickly be eaten up by fees. You can issue a refund via paypal but I don't know if that's possible after this length of time. Either way, it would be responsible of Moggie to get in touch and let people know how he plans to repay them.

4. I'm going to say this once; next time the thread will be locked.

Please only post to this thread if you have an actual update or real information. Please do not post to complain, and especially do not post to harass other members who are in the same boat.

Thank you.

5. Thanks, and I'm sorry Junkets. Hobbysue has been (well, will be in a few moments) PMed.

6. BTW, it's post 293 on page 15 that has the list of dates and names if people need a reference point.

7. Yeah, sorry guys that I haven't been keeping track of post #293. I've just been caught up with other things this sem. Feel free to use it Hobbysue, or, alternatively, if someone is not on the list in that post, or there is info missing, please comment here or PM me and I'll add you.

8. UPDATE! Moggie’s wife has been online, so someone in the family does have Internet access. I don’t know if she is with Moggie but she is around. Still no trace of Moggie himself. He has stopped Moding his groups and no one else has taken over for him.

9. Update! Someone has talked to Moggie. The story goes he does not have the money to pay us back so is not talking to us. What happened to the items is unknoiwn.

10. If anyone can talk to whoever's talking to Moggie, tell them to tell him that avoiding us doesn't make him look trustworthy. Talking to us is the only way he even starts to look believable. Not having money is totally understandable; we've all been there. Making promises, breaking them, and then running is not understandable, and there's only one way to fix that: facing up to us and telling us what happened, what's going to happen, etc.

11. UPDATE!

Moggie sent me a E-mail yesterday stating that he has the items and he needed my address to send them to me.

This is a good sign!

12. EDIT: Moggie has found all but one name and address and I pmed the person since he is not able to do so. So he should be sending things out. :D

From what I understood from Moggie, my order is being shipped out today and others should follow suit. :D

That was in the most recent E-mail from Moggie! Poor guy has been working his rear off for us~ D:

For those of you who were in the DZ Refund order, Moggie needs your info! Please send an email with your information! I would prolly recommend putting in what you asked for in return, your name and address and any other information he might need. I'm just glad he found my E-mail from a while back to contact me!

13. The 60cm pinky-white boy body I ordered through Moggie earlier this year arrived today, in perfect condition. I am extremely pleased - it is a great match for the Luts Wintery head I bought it for. It is also a great-looking body. Someone needs to tell DZ that they need to take better pics of their stuff!!

There was an extra in the box - thank you so much Moggie - you shouldn't have! I am most grateful for the extra money/effort/thought that it cost you. The delay was mostly Dollzone's, after all.

I am so sad to see that the Toyshop is finally closed. I know it's been a hard slog with some pretty big bumps along the way, but I thought it was coming back from the brink. I suppose the DoA ban was the straw that broke the camel's back. Australian BJD collectors will be the biggest losers here.

14. I have good news! Today I got the girl body I ordered a year and a half ago. I still can't believe it, I had given up. Moggie even sent me a couple of freebies. I wanted to thank him but I can't contact him through PM's so I hope he reads this. To everybody else: good luck and I hope for his and everyone's sake everything gets sorted out.

15. I'm really glad to hear that people have been getting there things. To be honest, I don't think the DOA ban was the straw that broke the camel's back...I think the run of misfortunes were the straw.

The DOA ban is simply inconvenient for both parties.

If he needs anyone else's email, Paypal addies, etc, let us know, since some of you guys are keeping in contact.

16. I have recieved my items and a few extras~

Hang in there those of you who are still waiting, he'll get you your things as soon as he can!

I'll lurk around here if there is anything we need to do.

17. I recieved my items as well. I'd like to say thank you very much to Moggie for working to get this all sorted out!^^

18. popping in to say that i have received the last of my items...... i had asked for merchandise instead of a refund, and Ian shipped exactly what i requested. so, i have to say a thank you to Ian for keeping his word.... thank you...:)

19. Hey guys, post #293 has been updated! If there is any information still missing, especially regarding some people on the "Pending" list, please let me know. I've kind of lost track of who has received what.

20. I also received my dolls :D