1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Moggie61 transaction [Moggie's Toyshop]

Jun 5, 2008

1. Hey helene, what did he say? I've emailed him about some Eyeco eyes and haven't heard from him yet, though I'm not panicked, as Moggie's always been reliable. I'd just like to hear what's going on.

2. I still haven't gotten a response to my now four inquiries concerning my Dollzone order from eBay.

3. I ordered a buddydoll Mars Tough from him April 14th and at first I had a couple Initial emails communicating with me, but after that, he did not return my emails. I was not too worried at first, but then he till this day has not contacted me. I did pm him here at DoA a couple times and once at his website. I had my daughter email him on her account with a misc. question about a doll. He answered her, so she asked him at that point to contact me, but he did not. I waited too long to file a dispute with paypal (I really messed up there :( not understanding things right:doh) I did file dispute with ebay. I don't know but, it looks like I might be out of a expensive doll or even a refund now. :...(

I would still like to have my doll though....I saved and sacrificed to buy him *_*

4. I also placed an order with Moggie on 6/4/08 at first communication was great, but during the last 2 months I have had to email them (through their websites) and leave phone messages until I was blue but I also did not receive any response back regarding my doll order. Eventually I added them on MSN messenger and when they signed on I sent nearly 2 pages worth of MSN messages, about half an hour later they finally replied and told me my doll has just arrived in custom that same morning and that they would ship it out asap. The doll finally arrived at my doorstep 3 days later.

I am glad that the transaction went well in the end, but I am not satisfied with the customer service. Specially for an order of significant money amount, I would expect that at least one of the many and frequent emails (and phone message) I left would be returned even if it's to say that my order has been delayed from China. I just wanted to know if they are still alive and well and in business and that they will honor the transaction. If they are not able to return messages at least send everyone on their order list a notification or something to say to let us know that they are still there or if there are unforeseen detrimental circumstances that prevent them from being able to proceed with their business.

I believe it is very likely that I will not transact with Moggie again in the future. I did get my stuff in the end, but it was only after a lot of trouble chasing them around, as a customer I find this absolutely ridiculous. Customer service is equally as important to me aside from receiving the goods when transacting with people.

I think Ian and Innana are great people and fun to hang out with but I'm the type to be exact, strict and punctual when it involves money and business transactions.

5. I received the item from him today.. and as it being i made the payment to him march 21's, it's been 4 months. xD Oh well. The outfit is adorable and in great conditon. Moggie will get you your stuff.. but you gotta have patience. I understood about the wait, I just wish he coulda kept good contact.. Good look on the rest of your stuff!

6. I got my DZ doll this week, I ordered on the 27th March but that was around the time DZ was behind schedule and Moggie let me know about this. But yeah was worth the wait!

7. Got everything as ordered (doll, custom faceup, clothes, two wigs, carrier) sooner after shipping from Oz than expected. She is lovely and am a very satisfied customer.

8. I would like to think they will still honor their transaction with me too. That would be wonderful!!! ... I wish they would email me. I have no problem with patience...that is not the problem, it's the silence:?. Congrats, to you all that received your dolls and items :) :) I'm pleased for you and it gives me some hope.

9. I'm waiting on a Male Shoyo and a Pair of Eyeco Eyes.. I've tried contacting him through AIM to see any progress but no dice.. ;-;

I ordered her the 5th of June and since then Communication hasn't been all that great... Just wish he would pop on once in a while... I just want Trinity soon...

I'm going to send him a Email tonight to see if I can get any info out of Ian or Ianna...

10. i purchased two pairs of eyeco eyes on june 17th.
      one for me and one for my friend.
      my payment was instant transfer.

i recieved an email from eBay on june 26th telling me that the auction had been cancelled on one of the pairs of eyes for "reasons null and void".
      i went and looked and all of moggie's toyshop items are "unlisted".
      when i clicked on them it said it was not there or something ...
      eBay advised me to not go through with the payment if i hadn't already
      and that i should get my money back.

"We strongly recommend that you do not go ahead with the purchase however if you have already paid for this item but haven't received it, you need to act quickly to get your money back."

i sent an email to moggie a few days ago asking for a full refund.
      i have heard nothing in response, and then i sent another email today.

my friend and i spent together around $40.00.
      this has never happened to me before, and i am worried ...

11. Just flitted in and found the main area of Moggie's site and found this:

Greetings and Welcome to Moggies Toyshop
      *PLEASE NOTE* This store is currently undergoing reconstruction as we rethink the products and market that we will be catering to. We apologise for any inconvenience.

12. I had to file a paypal claim after not hearing a single word from them in over a month. I got my refund within a few days and an apology for the 'mess.'

Maybe they are feeling too far in over their heads? I don't know, there is no excuse for not even acknowledging your customers.

13. I think with their redoing they've bitten off more than they can chew. ^^;;
      Either was I got my money back through a paypal dispute~

14. Add me to the list of people who have opened a Paypal claim because Ian wouldn't respond to e-mails (in my case, the eBay message system and e-mail through the Moggie's Toyshop website). *sigh* My order for two outfits was placed through the eBay store on May 17th--and even if the problem is that the supplier delayed shipment, that's more than enough time for Ian to let me know what's going on. It's really a shame that things are going this way; I hate having to open a Paypal claim to get his attention, and I liked buying from Moggie's Toyshop in the past.

15. I ordered my DZ cherry from him in the beginning of March through Ebay.
      I payed promptly.
      It has taken over 2,5 months before I received my doll.
      Communication was friendly, but slow. I had to send three emails to get one reply.
      PM-ed him over here as well. The lack of communication made me nervous.
      Filed an ebay complaint when the 60-day-limit was coming nearer, and left that open until I received my dollie.

Like others have stated before: in the end you will get your stuff, but you need to be very patient, and able to deal with a lack of communication.

16. Um...I ordered a fullset floy and some other items from Moggie at mid April, my last reply from them was some time around May at DOA (tried their website but no response), they said that the order should be ready at the end of May, so i waited....but no communication at all after that.
      i even tried their Msn, they seem to be online from time to time, but they didn't reply my message at all.
      I'm very disappointed of their slow or even nil communication, now its probably too late for me to file a dispute to get my refund.
      I feel frustrated cos floy was gonna be my first doll, but now I'm no so sure if I'm able to receive him from Moggie.
      well... any suggestions?

17. Just a note to everyone: It took me two and a half months to get my fullset outfit from Moogie (a DZ MSD outfit), and I ordered a pair of shoes at the same time from him. It took me FOUR MONTHS and TWO WEEKS to get the shoes. He did, however, give me something for free to make up for it. ^^

I did get my items, but it sure took forever, and I had to write him like ten times to get a response.. but I did get one. Just keep persisting, guys.

18. I won't go into my story, because it mirrors everyone else's (ordered three DZ items, paid on May 2, haven't received as of today). I've e-mailed him through the shop and through Paypal, but haven't yet heard anything. I would have appreciated SOME communication from him, but I've gone ahead and asked for a refund, even though I'd prefer the clothes.

We'll see what happens now. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's over $100 and, well, you know. That's a lot of money to just be out.

19. Yeah, I have a similar bad situation with him. I ordered some things way back in April I think, and have no recieved. Supposedly the items have been resent twice, and I have not gotten those either. I sent him another message on Ebay about a week ago and haven't gotten a reply, maybe I should try getting ahold of him on here. Does he ever get on here anymore?

20. My transaction was almost $200 and after opening an eBay dispute I finally got a refund. I NEVER got an email about why the items were being detained.

I asked another distributor about Dollzone, who got back with me in less than 24 hours. I know I will be dealing with that distributor from now on.

My suggestion? Go for the refund. Dollzone is having difficulty getting their products to their distributors due to the recent weather catastrophes so who knows when any of them will be able to get their orders in to ship out to their customers.