1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Moggie61 transaction [Moggie's Toyshop]

Jun 5, 2008

1. Thanks, I do appriciate the kind words.

Thanks Cynthia, I hope so too, I really really need the money right now..

I'm thinking about trying to contact him for a refund... ;-; Don't know how though

2. I hardly want to say anything bad about ppl I don't know, but when I finally had my DZ Cloud in my hands, he was terribly badly packed, and his ankle was broken...

So I'm kind of changing my mind a bit about being nice and happy right now - Moggie isn't online and doesn't answer emails, and I had to take my damaged doll up with DollZone directly. Thankfully I made a fair deal with them, and I'm having the broken parts replaced, as I'm so in love with the doll already I didn't want to return him XD

But this is what he looked like in the box:
      [​IMG]
      His feet weren't covered in bubble wrap and the box seemed too short for him. The top of his head and his feet both hit the cardboard when he was lying down in there.

So... I cut the bubble wrap up... and found a piece of resin lying loose.
      [​IMG]
      Okay, I thought, this could be glued on and sanded down, I work as an audiologist and we handle resin-like materials daily (ear molds). Yes, I'm slowly dying from toxic dust already, so sanding resin will be just like adding crack to the existing toxins :lol:

Anyway, I removed his foot to make sure there was no additional damage, and the ankle ball joint came off looking like this:
      [​IMG]

It had a crack in it before I removed the foot, but when I did, it came off in TWO PARTS.

I mean, I DID carry the box from the post office and home, with the feeling it felt a bit too loose... I had expected there to be a cardboard box AROUND the dollzone box, but the doll box was just wrapped in brown paper.

I mean... Just cuz I bought a cheap doll, doesn't mean it can be handled like this. He should have been packed properly, at least :(

Anyway - as I said earlier, I have fixed this with DZ directly. As I couldn't get an answer from Moggie, I e-mailed and faxed DZ and they're sending me the parts I need to change...

But I was looking forward to my first unwrapping in bliss, and this was so disappointing, if I didn't know it wasn't supposed to be like this, he might've been my first and LAST BJD.
      Thankfully, he's not my first - or my last - doll. I just didn't unwrap my first doll myself :P

3. Phew, Idril, that's terrible about your boy. At least Dollzone are so understanding, so it's not a total loss. :)

I don't know what to think about Moggie anymore. I'm still hoping against hope that my 3 pairs of Eyeco eyes will arrive safe and sound. Totally was not expecting this when I ordered them. I ordered them on the 30th May, so I've just passed the 45 days for refunds too.

I hope nothing terrible has happened. Certainly I want my money back or the eyes, but there's still this faint worry that maybe Moggie's in trouble or something.

4. Idril: That's really terrible and an absolutely careless way of packing. Someone who's been around and handling BJDs for so long should know better.

Keet: I'm so sorry to hear that.. Maybe you can try to call Moggie and leave a message? His contact information is on his website here.

5. I'm sorry to hear about what's happened with so many people and their orders:( I hope everyone here gets compensated.

Still no contact for me from him..... "sigh" I have sent him numerous emails :( I ordered in April and the last email was late April or very early June. I MISSED my paypal dispute date. 650$ ;_; I preordered the Buddydoll Mars Tough. I wonder if Buddydoll would help me in anyway.

6. Ok, now I'm really worried. I've been talking to Ian on a daily basis for months up until last month... He hasn't been on MSN and he's ALWAYS been logged in before. Is there anyone near him who can check up on him?

7. I called the shop today but ended up with the answering machine. I agree with the checking up on him thing - is there anybody in VIC who can get down to his shop? The address is on his site - it's in Warburton.

I'll PM a mod now.

8. That's what had me wondering too, I talked to him 3 weeks ago and then suddenly he was *gone* as in no longer online... So I'm still hoping that everything has a logical explanation - but still that nothing bad has happened to him... (though yes, I'm annoyed too)

9. Warburton is near Healesville and past the Yarra Valley, on the outer, outer outskirts of Melbourne, it's about an 1 hour and half away from Berwick which is an 1 hour and half away from the cbd of Melbourne, it's equivalent to going from the rocks/darling harbour in Sydney to the Blue Mountains or the other way going to Wollongong. Also with the price of petrol being as expensive as it is, it's may not be affordable for many people to take the trip out to Warburton, even if there are people who live nearby, also there are many people who don't own cars and rely on public transport. To be perfectly honest if he is not returning emails or calls and he is not on MSN either than i seriously doubt that anyone is going to have success in tracking him down in Warburton and in all honesty it's probably not the best idea to go and "check up on him." This is an example of buyer beware anywhere in the world. I myself have had a bad experience with a dealer in America, so it's not just this particular dealer who is giving its customers a bad experience. When dealing with dealers, no matter where in the world they are, or how good or bad their reputation is, common sense and a buyer savy need to be applied. If there are people who are having problems with dealers and not just Moggie, you can always contact the doll company and express your concerns, which is what i have done in the past with another dealer and company resulting in an amicable solution. Anyway this is just my opinion and thought i would share my thoughts. I am by no means condoning the dealer's apparent lack of customer service, i am just offering advice and my perspective on the issue, which might prove useful to people who are currently having difficulties with dealers.

10. Moggie is already in the Unresolved Transactions usergroup because of what has been brought up in this thread. For all intents and purposes this thread is his Paging thread as he is a dealer and not a private member, and the transactions he has been involved in are mainly conducted offsite via his own website. At this point it might be time to start thinking about filing a complaint with the local police and see if that will yield a response from Moggie.

11. I don't think Moggie is intentionally scamming people, but we just need to know what is going on. My order is on the low end of the scale; some people here have ordered over $100 worth of things and that can't be allowed to just disappear into thin air.

Called again just then with no response. Is there any way we can find out what's happened?

I had no idea Warburton was so far out from Melbo O.o

12. hi all, i have known and bought from moggie for a year and a half and have had NO problems. paypal and ebay are giving them hell at the moment with the keep the money for 21 days before you can access it stuff. they are trying to work out the problems but it will take time. be patient and they will get back to you. it is hard i know when you order and pay for something and it doesnt turn up for ages, but i know i have to be patient and it works out. these forums dont help with matters at all. it just meaans more people claim and get worried and that means extra delays and no money to order from their companies. i know last time i visited the moggies they were hard at trying to answer people and get on top of things again.

13. moggie is not a scammer and he is having probs sure, but wouldnt you too if you sold something and was paid and then had to wait for 21 days before paypal gives it to you and then order it from the company and have to wait for it to come to you, and then box it up to send. and then find out that the seller has put a dispute in and got their money back and so the doll is sitting there and you have just lost the money for it!!!!!

14. yep they have several dolls that they have lost on and people getting scared from these sort of postings and putting claims in. grr i feel for them i do.

15. I don't think anyones accusing him of scamming elisabethflanagan, but some communication from his end would go a long way to ease peoples minds that he hasn't just vanished.

16. Why I feel the need to defend my actions to people who aren't directly involved in Moggie's current customer-service problems, I don't know . . . but here goes.

To those of you who are criticizing the worries and actions of people who have paid substantial amounts of money to Moggie, only to have him ignore all communication: I appreciate your loyalty to him, and I'm sure he does, too. As I said earlier in this thread, I was a very happy repeat customer of Moggie's Toyshop until the current debacle, and I'm concerned that something bad has happened to Ian, beyond "just" being backed up with orders.

But please consider what it's like to be on the other end of his silence. Those of us who contacted Moggie multiple times--over a period of weeks or even months, without getting any response--and then (if we still could) filed a Paypal dispute to protect ourselves, are hardly panicking, jumping on some kind of DoA bandwagon, or being unfair to him. Given the rigid time limitations for Paypal disputes, there aren't many choices for people who can't afford to lose that much money, but also can't get any response from the seller.

If Ian's volume of orders is so large that he can't even answer direct inquiries from customers whose money he has had for weeks or months, then I do sympathize with him, but that's a serious breach of good business practice on his part. Automated e-mail responses aren't impossible to set up--and I, for one, would have been more than satisfied with a simple impersonal sentence assuring me that my order would be filled someday. But when I can't even get that much reassurance, yes, I do decide that I'd better take the steps I can to retrieve my money.

To belabor the obvious: plenty of other posters in this thread have paid Moggie a lot more than I did, and waited so long without any response from him to their e-mails and eBay messages that now they can't file a dispute. They are entirely right to be worried. And if they choose to post about their worry here on DoA to see whether anyone else is in a similar position--well, I think they have a right to do that, too.

Just as those of you who think the rest of us are mistreating Moggie have every right to hold your own opinion.

17. Okay, I want to reiterate what Cynthia said...I don't like being made to feel that I should apologize for coming down on Moggie so hard. He's committed a serious breach of business trust and regardless of whether or not he's a great guy, I'm upset.

Today, it's been 78 days since I paid him. By the time I realized that the items weren't coming from a buyer I had previously trusted, it was too late to file with Paypal or Ebay. Frankly, I even hesitated to post here because of how popular he seemed to be with other DoA members and I didn't want to stir the pot. So, I posted on Zone of Zen instead and a member there pointed me in the direction of this thread.

According to his profile page, he's not been on DoA since May 28. That means he's not checked his PMs or to see if he's being paged or has a dispute against him. I've tried contacting him through Ebay, Paypal, his website and here, with absolutely no response. Dollzone has tried contacting him with no luck. Is he hurt? Dead? In a coma? I don't know, but if that WAS the case, I'd think his partner (Inanna?) would come here and let us know. Or post it on their website. According to Uneide (I think it was her), Dollzone is experiencing NO shipping issues at the moment, so there's no point in blaming them...it's not their fault.

I'm sure Moggie's a great guy and a lot of fun to hang out with, but he has $112 of mine and I either want it back or the merchandise it paid for. I doubt that I'll see it, unfortunately, so my poor opinion of his business practices still stands.

I'll be d****d if I'm going to apologize for that.

18. I ordered a wig on Apr-17-08. Like others I didn't realize the pre-order wouldn't be sent till the auction had run it's course. My mistake, so I patiently waited. A few days before it was too late to file a paypal dispute, I asked if it was still pending. Swiftly received an email saying not to worry I was in the loop. Now I get no replies and probably won't see a refund or the wig.

Part of the reason I didn't file a claim against moggie61 when I could was due to the high praise on this site.

Adding my story, hoping others can without fearing retaliation for being honest.

19. I also had two eBay transactions with this store in May. I allowed extra time for shipping because I was away and also because sometimes when items are coming to me from Australia or Southeast Asia, I've noticed it can take some time to ship, especially if the seller has to obtain some of the items from a dealer. I transacted with Moggie before and it was fine, so I wasn't too worried.

After reading this thread for a couple of weeks and seeing some of the eBay feedback being left, I noticed that people weren't getting their items. I checked and didn't have a record of getting mine either, plus no shipping notice or tracking number was ever sent to me. I messaged on eBay and asked about my items, got no response at all. I had bought the items using my credit card via Paypal as I always do, so I was able to put in for chargebacks. I've gotten refunded on one transaction already (which makes me think Moggy may have authorized the chargeback though he didn't respond to my message) and expect to get a refund on the other through my CC company.

I was not able to leave eBay feedback due to the 60 day window expiring (I keep forgetting it's 60 days and not 90 now) so I thought I would post here. If it was just a 10 dollar item, I might have let it go, but my items totaled around 80 USD which is not a sum of money I can just write off.

Moral of the story is if you're in the USA, ALWAYS use the CC paypal for overseas Paypal transactions on eBay. You have a much better chance of getting a refund and getting it a lot quicker.

Edited to add, These are just the facts. I have no desire to bash anyone and I've enjoyed some of Moggie's posts on this board, but after a certain amount of time passes with no communication you have to put in for the refund. That's just how the rules are set up.

20. There is a post at Bad Dolly Deals about Moggie:
      http://community.livejournal.com/bad_dolly_deals/202456.html

This person has won her Paypal dispute, but has not received a refund from Moggie - there are no funds in the account. The total amount due to her is $373.99.

All of you are welcome to post on BDD. I hope this gets resolved soon.