1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Moggie61 transaction [Moggie's Toyshop]

Jun 5, 2008

1. It is people like you that make buyers not want to report a scammer, because you are defending him and basically try to make everyone feel bad for doing so. I've seen this happen so many time with reputable people and then they end up being scammers in the end even though friends trusted them.

It's been longer than 21 days before anyone filed a claim, so he should have had money by then, and he hasn't sent any dolls so he's not out of money AND dolls because nobody received anything and I'm sure if someone received the doll after getting a refund they would resend the money!

Also Paypal holding his money does not stop him from contacting people. I'm not saying he's definitely a scammer but if you're a friend of his why don't you find out if something has happened and try and help these people who have lost money rather than belittling them and making excuses (which doesn't help at all). It wouldn't make you a bad friend to help him out this way but being rude to the people who have losts hundreds of dollars isn't helping him either.

2. Slightly OFF topic, but amounts to the experience with DZ and their products... Which could explain some of the box problems
      I thought I should mention this little detail since I am an avid owner of Dollzone products and the awareness of the boxes etc. I get my dolls fine in their packages (ordered from DDE mind you) and the boxes themselves are always in terrible condition. The glue isn't the best and sometimes the boxes are falling apart. Typically tho the doll is fine (mostly because im sure if DDE runs into probs they send them back to the company for a refund/or new doll etc). The way the doll is wrapped looks just like that however. They don't wrap their dolls the greatest sometimes, but dolls always come with a face cover and most of the dolls I have usually have protection on their ankles when I get them. Moggie who orders them then mails them, should have kept the same packaging the doll came with and only checked to see which doll belonged to the buyer and send them to them as soon as he could.

However... Moggie should have packaged the box in better condition then presented to you (instead of the paper wrapping). That doll should have been in his box plus another box to protect that one.

I haven't had any deals with Moggie as it was just brought to my attention, but the communication and the lack of there of needs to be fixed. As far as I noticed there isn't any language boundaries in which he isn't able to communicate clearly or any reason for him to not contact the individuals he is working with.

3. Well, I emailed Dollzone again, after giving them a week to continue trying to contact Moggie. The first time I emailed, they responded within an hour. Now, it's been over 24 hours with no reply. I don't hold them responsible, so I don't want to push them, but I'm not confident that there will be any resolution to this. It breaks my heart, because I really wanted the clothes I ordered, but I just don't have any faith that it will happen.

I'll update if I hear back from Dollzone (or Moggie, but I'm not holding my breath).

4. I talked with a friend who has ordered with Moggie before (shes purchased a lot of his custom clothing that INanna makes and also some of the fetish items that they make) since it came up today when I was picking up the dollie I bought from her. She mentioned that Moggie typically doesn't have problems except in the shipping department because he has to wait to send off the dolls when he gets them. She also mentioned getting dolls from him here in US is a little strange because there are plenty of stores here in the Us that will ship to people here. The only reason why someone would order from him would be for the custom clothing or some of the company made dolls that aren't available in the us etc. But then again he has a good reputation from everyone I have talked with so that would be why most people flock to him to order. At DDE (Denver Doll Emporium) they ship internationally tho too so it just depends. I told her there was communication problems and she said that is unlike him because he typically gets back to the person as soon as he can. Something bad must of happened or something really serious that is giving him a hard time.

I know that doesn't explain everything that is happening to everyone nor gives him the excuse to not get back to someone, but I think Inanna should talk with those who have ordered with him and let people know what is up. I would just like to add that staying calm is the best way to keep your self from freaking out. I will see what else I can learn from some of my dollie friends that have been in the hobby longer than I have and see what they think. I will let you guys know what I find.

5. So...would there be any real point in attempting to contact Moggie or emailing Dollzone at this point? It doesn't seem like much is happening right now. I ordered in May and I've heard nothing and now it is way too late to file a claim with paypal. I'm more than a little worried and annoyed at having had no communication since May. Hopefully someone will hear something about all of this and maybe we can all get this resolved.

6. hrm moogie owns me a samurai outfit commison and my boy that i sent there for modelling.... so erm :(

7. When did you last have contact with him? Do you have more detail?

8. @#$# I hate to do this.

Again - PLEASE note that neither me NOR Featherfall are in any way involved in this - we're simply another of DZ agents, and trying to help people sort this out.

DON'T email -us- information on your purchases, etc, but email DZ directly. Now, with that disclaimer:

Dollzone has asked me to let customers know that Moggie HAS NOT PLACED ANY ORDERS WITH THEM IN OVER THREE MONTHS- the last order he placed with them was on April 20th.

That's right. Three months. And they haven't been able to contact him at all in a month.

So, those of you out of money -- if you used a CC, initiate a chargeback.
      I don't even know what to suggest to other people. :(

Dollzone is a victim too - they haven't received a penny from him in over three months, so as you can understand they are very upset.

I repeat: if you ordered a DZ item on pre-order from him in the last three months, according to DZ the orders were NEVER placed.

I am not sure if it was the case with Buddy-doll or other companies, as I've only heard from DZ.

DZ cares a great deal about its customers, and its very upset that this has happened. :(
      Any of you that can provide information to prove your purchase within those three months( after April 20th), please contact DZ directly -- they are hoping to have this sorted out, and find a way to help out.

9. Has anyone tried contacting him via this link?

http://moggie.mine.nu/shop/index.php?main_page=contact_us

I hope all goes well and people get their money/order.

I must admit I'm a bit concerned over his sudden disappearance. I had a transaction with him last December with no problems other than it took a month to recieve the item. But he did respond to my email at the time.

10. I'd just like to add that if someone paid for their item with credit card via Paypal and it is now too late for a Paypal dispute, contact your credit card company directly. I'd suggest that you write a letter to file a dispute because a telephone call does not always protect your rights, or if the credit card company has an online disputed-charge reporting procedure (as AMEX does), then file the dispute through that. In the US the credit card companies often have longer dispute reporting windows than Paypal. I don't even bother with Paypal's process unless I used a cash Paypal balance to pay for something.

11. So wait.. almost none of the orders people are waiting on have even been placed with DZ? But he kept taking orders and people's money?
      Since it's been 3 months.. BUT DZ were able to contact Moggie within the lastmonth.
      That means that he's been ignoring us directly and not Dollzone for quite some time it seems.
      ...Wow. :/ I wonder what he spent the money on..

12. Thanks for posting here for me pipercat99. I was just activated here today.

Just to update everyone on my latest move. I got to the bank and filed a charge back. The banker did not know why PayPal would not pay as they are supost to cover to a point, funds or not she said. Who knows. Hopefully the bank will get my money back.

Now does anyone know where ( as in here in my state or in Australia), that I can report this to the police? This is theft or fraud anyway you cut it. Unless everyone in his family is dead, Heaven forbid, then someone should have been keeping up with orders and working the site. Add up all of the complaints and there is a good sized amount of money involved. This needs to be taken to the police and I am willing to do that. PM me if you have any info.

13. Glad you're activated, and you're welcome for posting for you.

File a report here:
      http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

They will forward the report to the correct police agency. Anyone in the US can file a report to the above link.

Is there anyone in Australia that can help coordinate with contacting his local police?

I'm sorry this is happening to all involved.

14. I have bought successfully from Moggies before and I've become VERY concerned with the strange turn of events!!

I have contacted a friend i went to boarding school with who is within 40 minutes drive of the address listed on his site and is willing to go there this Saturday 26th July after work. She'll call me as soon as she goes there and I will report back on here as soon as I hear from her. If he's not there she'll ask the local police what the next step is on our behalf. Its not a perfect answer but it may be of some help to everyone here...

I'm personally very concerned by the out of character behaviour, I am sure there is a very sound reason behind all of this, Again I can only re-iterate what has been said, file your paypal claims, contact DollZone directly about purchases that have lapsed the time frame set by paypal.

And I strongly suggest that you all say a prayer that Ian and his wife are all right as I truly cannot see them "scamming" anyone!!

15. I've explained the situation to my friend and although she's not a collector she understands the gravity of the amount of money you are all missing. If she has no luck she'll contact the local police and ask what the next step is in recovering your money and to find out what happened to them (Ian and Inanna)

16. well the last time was lets see 2 mths back... have yet to pay him,,, but i did send my 2 kids over for measurement taking :(

17. Kagari, that's terrible! Having your doll go missing is probably worse than us just losing our money. I seriously hope we find out what's going on ASAP so you can get your kids back.

Relying on your friend, whitewings. Perhaps we should hold off contacting the police until she's visited the address. Only one more day's wait.

18. :evil::evil::evil:

I don't even have the words to express how infuriated I am over this. Not even just for my case, which is a fairly minor loss in the scheme of it, but for those of you who have ordered dolls or, in Kagari's case, sent him their dolls for customization work, then that is one h*ll of a serious deal.

Uneide, you are absolutely right...Dollzone is as much a victim as we are. While we're all concerned about our role in this drama, we need to remember to continue to treat them with respect and not place them in an uncomfortable position by demanding recompense for our losses. If we can come to an equitable deal with them, great. But demanding satisfaction from Dollzone when they are clearly not at fault would be wrong.

I've contacted my credit card company and they said they would be contacting me by mail with the appropriate instructions within 30 days...that seems excessive, but at least it's something. I'm going to fill out a report on the Internet Security website and if someone here files a local police report in Australia, I'll provide whatever information is needed to do my part.

Uneide, again, thank you so so so very much for all your help! You've been such a doll (hee!) for going above and beyond by sharing what you've learned about the situation with us. This recent information is an eye-opener to be sure and I'm still so distraught about it. I hope Dollzone realizes that we don't blame them!

I just now checked Moggie's ebay feedback and as recently as July 12, he's had positive feedback and with a comment that the shipping was fast. Plus, there are people who are getting refunds of some sort, both with and without Paypal's help. I'm really really interested to see what a trip to his house/business turns up.

19. I opened a paypal dispute and it went my way but unfortunately paypal couldn't recover what I lost. It's not much compared to others here, I'm more worried that the site appears so innocent, anyone could still make an order without knowing anything.