1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Moments of Ridiculous Happiness

Mar 9, 2010

1. It happened to me when I saw the preview pics Denny Kim sent me of my Minimee head I ordered last Christmas. It's Celaran, the protagonist of the very first original story I've ever come up with in my life. He's kinda been with me - on and off - ever since I started writing that story back in 2003 and put it on hold again in 2004. I only had a kinda vague idea of what he looks like. Just basics - elf, fair-skinned and -haired, with grey or blue eyes, not the most smiley or chatty or friendly guy. I did some drawings for Denny, using Sims 2 Bodyshop to get the face's features right (I just built Celaran as a Sim, then traced the face and it looked pretty much ok but nothing special).

Then, Denny sent me the preview pics of the head. I looked at them and was so ridiculously happy I almost cried. That head's perfect! My first thought was "What the heck - did he actually look inside my MIND or what to get it so absolutely, perfectly right?" It was such a unique moment to finally, after SEVEN years, really SEE Celaran's face for the first time. And find that it looked exactly RIGHT. Incredible. *lol* Even thinking about it and remembering that moment makes me smile ...

2. This happened when I got Kyoshi's new body. He looked (and still looks ~_^) amazing on that body, it didn't only fit perfectly but the skin match was also perfect. I swear that I spent almost 15 minutes staring at him and sighing contently:3nodding: I didn't want to take pictures or touch him, I just wanted to stare at him. Oddly I thought of a very expensive cake that you look at, too exquisite and icy to eat. <3

3. Today, I had my first doll out of the box and in my arms for the first time in a few years. I just held him there, playing with his hands and his arms and bending him for the better part of an hour. He's just lovely, a beautiful little grouchy bastard. I just felt the same love I had for him when I first unboxed him.

And, the other day, I got my newest doll in. She's a namesake doll mold, discontinued for a while. I started unwrapping her, and when I got down to the bubble wrap mummy I just started giggling happily. It was just love!

4. My random bursts of happiness stem from the anticipation of getting things in the mail... |D
      ...and also when my dolls pose the way I want them to. ;)

5. I'm still coming to terms with the fact that I even HAVE a doll! XD I've only had him a month, so half the time I'll just look over at him and smile and it makes me instantly happy ^__^ That, and when I manage to actually make the clothes that I envision his character wearing: it's great joy to bring the imagination into realization.

6. My moments of ridiculous happiness are when I have just sent payment for the doll and I know that it is mine, and it wil be with me soon, and I can scratch it off my long WishList, LOL. :lol:

7. I had two such moments just this week.

I've been frantically putting together an academic presentation on a theme from Rurouni Kenshin that I'll be doing for a conference this month. Several of us were doing a "dry run" so to speak for an audience at work yesterday. Now, I am obviously passionate about this subject, and therefore was even more nervous than usual to get up in front of people and speak... ("please let me not babble, please let me not babble")

...in the midst of freaking out over this the other night I decided I'd better get something to drink. Stood up, turned to push my chair in and was at the perfect angle to look at my doll Kenshin. The angle and the lighting made it seem that he was looking directly at me, and smiling. After I got over the "woah!" of not *intending* to look at the dolls but having him catch my eye anyway, I was just stupidly happy about the whole thing. :)

Then yesterday at said in-house presentation, I brought him with me. (I'm not really a "bring your doll to work" type - once in awhile, maybe, but only the small ones.) I took him into the room and got him all situated with his hand in "about-to-draw-sword" pose. Now, Elfdoll Red is ordinarily a pretty smiley looking guy, or at least smirkey, but I swear he looked SERIOUS the whole time. I had people come up after and examine him in awe and he just had that "this is a serious talk, so I'm not joking with you today" face...

Which I know is really -- not possible? But it sure made me ridiculously happy anyway! :)

8. Mine was when the mail man handed my grandma my girl's box and I was rather tempted to hug the postal worker ^///^ he wouldn't have minded but the leaping run over the raling might have scared him. Other then that finding clothes for a good price and when she keeps a pose I put her in. ^,^

9. I had one of these today! I sueded Soren and I finally got him to look in a direction other than slightly downwards and also to sit up straight. I was beyond excited!

10. I had one of these three days ago. I got a free MSD wig and it was a blue and black short bob with ends curled out and upwards. I would have never thought to have bought it for my girl but decided to try it on her.

I blinked and had a total giddy moment. She looked so cute in it and it forced me to change her entire look to match the wig. I just started posing her everywhere watching her new personality pop. It reminded me why I fell in love with her two years ago and why she is still my little love. :D

11. I think my favourite moment of ridiculous happiness was during my box opening. One, my cat refused to get in the box, so we had to hold him there for the obligatory 'cat in the box' picture. Two, the moment he and Rennie made friends. They curl up together and he rubs her feet with his chin. OMG SO CUTE.

12. Giddy is just what happens when it does come together....like a match made in heaven..or wherever...!!!
      LOL
      Carol

13. Definaltely the first is a "Giddy Moment"....
      Congrats...
      Carol

14. My first BJD was supposed to arrive on a Sunday but never came. He also didn't arrive on that Monday. Tuesday night, my mother came in holding the box. She had got it ON SUNDAY and kept it until she knew I would be home to see me open it. The sissors happened to be missing so I tore open the box with my teeth I was so happy and excited. After I posed him for the first time, I turned around for one second to take a picture and he completely faceplanted into the carpet. I had a whole "SAVE THE FACE SAVE THE FACE!!!" moment. Couldn't help but laugh. I was so happy he arrived >W<

15. I really get these happy times every day!
      From the box opening to now she never stops amusing me.

16. I had one of those when my Zaoll Luv's replacement faceplate (she arrived with a broken one) showed up with no notice whatsoever. Oh that made my day. X3

17. I changed one of my girls eyes the other day, and I was ridiculously happy about it all day! They fit her so well and I was pushing her in my BF face all the time saying "look at her! LOOK AT HER!!". Other than that, this hobby is full of giggly moments, I almost bubble over every time I take my dolls out of their boxes to play. I would say it's a very emotional hobby indeed!

18. I'm prone to attacks of random giddy, whether prompted or not. But I think my favorites are when, on a whim, I decide to take one of my kidlets with me downtown for pictures with the Sound in the background. I normally don't take my dolls with me anywhere besides doll shows, Cons, or my friends house. Preferring they stay home safe and sound. But when I've got them with me and am taking photos and everything is just working how I want, major giggly-giddy action going on. X3

19. for me a moment of ridiculous happiness was when I realised I FINALLY had all the dolls for my band characters, which are primary to the house story

I also had a moment of happiness each and every time I realized I finally knew the right sculpt for a particular character

This one sounds strange, but in a trade I got a beautiful little RS March, who was sunning, but her face was too chubby, when I finished sanding her cheeks down and got them just right I felt a profound joy and peace.....funny thing is I had created a character just for one of these tinies

20. Ah;
      My two closest friends came to my house after school today; and I was really unsure if one of them would like him; the other friend was the one that first found a BJD shop and ultimately led to me having Nate here. Anyway; my friend walked into my room, sat on my bed, and just said

"Please make sure he has his wig and trousers on before I see him."

So I prepped him for his exhibition, and she kind of just, melted... and for the rest of the evening, held him close to her chest, all motherly and protective, stroking his wig and rearranging his parting, fiddling with his clothing, asking him if he was comfy and posing him naturally, testing out his body.

It was just; pure happiness for me; to see my friend, who has always been quite distant about my 'weird' interests and hobbies, and just complete engulfing herself into this; I was just.... it was bliss~! I took a photo to always remind myself of the acceptance ! :D