1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Moments of Ridiculous Happiness

Mar 9, 2010

1. Just bought my first girl (from a friend here) last night, and am soooo excited. Wish I could pluck her from the computer screen! That said, I'm filling the time prepping her new home (she needs a safe landing spot!), and studying various face-ups.

2. :pout: I've been waiting for along time now, she will be my first bjd but sadly i'll only be able ordering her somewhere in December , after i get my report care and done with my final exams :...( [h=3][/h]

3. I always check my doll's tracking number 2 times a day after received a shipment's notice from company and wait for them to deliver at home. But sometime I just missed the parcel because of my study...Nervous and excited! :D

4. When I got my doll I didn't even know how close he was until I got a slip in my mailbox saying "We tried to deliver it but we missed you!" I was so upset. The next morning I marched in there to get him but he was out on the truck again for delivery. I had to wait until he was back at like 3pm! Ugh. That whole day was hell. But he's here now! so that's what matters.

5. I don't have those kinds of moments because I never check my tracking. I have an estimate when packages will arrive so I know what period I can expect them. If they go over the expected delivery date then I start worrying and spazzing out.

6. I always get antsy, it's hard not to! I have a great USPS delivery man that delivers to my apartment complex so I don't worry too much. He knows what apartment I live in, and one time he chased me down as I was driving away to give me a doll package haha.

7. My doll is taking 14 weeks to process and I'm dying! Its not even close :( Novemeber 27th marks the 14 weeks even though I know it'll take longer...

8. Customs can take forever in my country! They held packages there for weeks, slowly contacting me to send in the receipt (even if the box has a receipt!) and then taking their time to process it uh! I do think though that the EMS/DHL stuff most companies ship with goes through it faster, within a day or so, so that's something.

Last time I had a delivery from China with doll clothes though, I paid for the fast shipping and tracking even told me that the package was in my country and out on delivery already a day later - but the guy never came! Instead I got one of those lovely notices saying "package for you, will come again tomorrow"... even though there was someone home ALL DAY!
      The waiting in such cases SUCKS!

9. I get really stir crazy when I know that I have a package coming for me. I really hate how we got a new mailman and he doesn't arrive until late afternoon. I'm so used to having my mail before 10 in the morning but now I have to wait all day for my packages to arrive.

10. Mine SHOULD be arriving anytime this week and just thinking about it makes me nervous and excited!! But I heard that EMS in China is very slow...add to that the slower and corrupt EMS here in the Philippines...I think I'll go crazy waiting...:pout:

11. The waiting part is always the worst... Sometimes I check the tracking once an hour and when it doesn't change I just freak out~

12. I've had a few dolls get snagged by customs then released with charges. You can pay the customs fee online, but there were a couple of times I got so impatient that I just took an hour-long train journey to go to the depot and pick up the doll in person because I was so impatient! These days I have far more patience and can wait a day. :)

13. I hate waiting for the mail to come when I know I am suppose to get something in. If I know the doll is going to come in on a certain day I usually take the day off from work to stalk the mail truck. If not I get that slip and have to go in and get it at the post office the next day. But our post lady is really good about bring the packages to the door and seeing if someone is home or not. I just bought a second hand doll and it just shipped yesterday. This wait is gonna kill me! This will be my first Soom.:dance

14. I have actually, in the past, asked my local post office to hold an incoming doll box when I know it's a day out from hitting them. :sweat I did it on an order that arrived late last year, that was due to reach them on a Friday... I work Fridays, and Saturdays, so I wouldn't be able to be home to receive it, or to make the very small window to pick up the next day. So I asked them to just hold the package there, and deliver only the pickup slip, so I could run out Friday afternoon. (I didn't want to wait until Monday!) Thankfully, I have a friendly post office here, who were happy to do that for me.

On days when I know the mail is coming and I'm home, I'm constantly peeking out the window to see if I can see the mail truck outside (he usually parks in a spot I can see from here). I know roughly when the mail arrives here, so during that time especially I'm on pins and needles waiting for either a buzz or a knock. Thankfully, after one failed delivery, USPS is really good at knocking or buzzing and getting packages to me! (I wish I could say the same for UPS, at least most dolls don't come that way.)

15. I've never had a problem with customs, but here is my current issue with my post office, mainly the drivers: They have an annoying habit of not bothering to check whether or not someone's home (9/ 10 times there is) and leave the little orange slip in the mailbox, or they shove the package into the mailbox any way they can fit it, not even caring about whether or not it gets mutilated in the process. We almost had to break the mailbox once to get a package out. It makes me very nervous for when I get my next doll. (Though I will admit the people who run the office itself are very kind and considerate.)

16. Oh my god. HHHHHH..... Yes. Just seriously. My package has been in the country TEN DAYS NOW why is it not HERE yet? What did I pay the fastest possible shipping for??? It said it would be delivered within six working days! So why did it take fifteen days JUST to enter the country and then I get to wait even more on top!!!!??!! :horror: Worst. Thing. Ever. :sigh

17. I am currently tracking my mermaid girls, and twitching constantly. It's so hard to do anything else when they're out for delivery!

18. my moments happen randomly :XD: I've had my grail for 3 years now and there are still times where I'll look at him and just squee to myself

19. Sometimes I just look at my boy and squeal a lot, just because he's so cute! And whenever I see pictures online of a doll I'm getting I get this super crazy urge to jump about. XD

20. Definitely whenever I get a good pose AND a good cameral shot in one!