1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Moments of Ridiculous Happiness

Mar 9, 2010

1. Everytime I see pics of an Ante I loooooong to have one of my own. And all I have to do is to turn my head and look at my cutie sitting next to me. *squeeeeeee*

2. When one of my kids returns from a trip to the salon for a fresh face-up or gets a new outfit, and they're just so beautiful it takes my breath away...I really remember why I love this hobby so much.

3. I've had quite a few over the years, myself (like when I got everyone out of their boxes after several months and a major move, for instance)... One of the best recent ones, though, was when I finally got all the pieces to put one of my couples together, and posed them together, complete, for the first time. I knew, at that moment, I'd made the perfect choice for both of their sculpts, finally, and was very, very happy with how the two of them looked together.

4. My moment of ridiculous happiness is when i woke up and a box with my doll in it was next to my bed. My mom had put it there. It was a moment of "Gosh, the waiting is finally over!" I was super happy to see my doll finally come home

5. Well, I went to an impromptu swap meet at a local doll show yesterday, and I was sure I had nothing anyone else would need, but I was able to trade one wig for a lovely knitted bodysuit and found a pair of beautiful Eyeco eyes for $10. So I was ridiculously happy. Plus I met (and re-met) some wonderful people there.

DemonicAdversary, that was the SWEETEST thing for your mom to do!

Linda S.
      galatia9

6. For me, there are a lot, but one of the best ones was after the Sept. 2010 earthquake here. It hit at 4.30am, and we were living in an apartment in the middle of the city. After we left, they put a cordon up and we weren't allowed in for about a week. Even when we were allowed to get close, we weren't allowed into our apartment. My partner snuck in to rescue our cat (who was fine), and he also put all my dolls in a bag he grabbed off the floor. They had all been on a high-ish shelf. I couldn't bear to open the doll bag the whole ride to my parents house (I was also rather busy with being so relieved that my kitty-baby was alive and well!). When we finally got home, I opened the bag, and no one was 'hurt'. Not even a scratch in a faceup!

That was the most ridiculously happy feeling in the world for me doll wise.

7. Haha! My doll is currently at the post office a couple of towns away, and I'm doing everything in my power to stay put and not drive over there and pick her up! Patience...patience lol :lol:

8. I'm going crazy right now because I've received shipping notices for both of the dolls I'm waiting for. They're my first dolls for the year and I've been waiting six and four months for them!

9. I haven't gotten a shipping notice, but I see some people who ordered a blank MD Ryu after me already got theirs... and I know Migidoll doesn't always bother with updating status past the "we got yo cash" thing, so I'm kind of glued to the window, looking out for the postman... hoping my little dude won't get stuck in customs or something >_>

10. I'm currently waiting for a doll to arrive, and oh my gosh, the anticipation is killing me. So close, yet so far.

11. All of my dolls seem to arrive while I'm at work. :...( I have however, figured out the time it takes for a FedEx package to get from MoC to me so I know what day to pay off a doll/order something in stock so it'll arrive when I'm at home. I do have awesome UPS and FedEx delivery drivers and they do actually try to 'hide' the package on my porch so it's harder to see from the street.

12. Mine arrived at the post office yesterday morning, but an hour too late to go out with my mailman. It took all my will power not to walk two blocks from my office to the post office and see if they would give it to me! She'll be here today, though. :D

13. My stuff always shows up when I'm away at school or work. T_____T When it comes to dolls I track them like a crazy, mad-person, but it sucks if I'm at work the time they show up...so I usually always end up having to drive the complete opposite direction from my home to get it. Which sucks, cause I know I have to go home, grab the pick up slip, and then drive aaaall the way back over across town. And I don't usually get home from work in time to get to them either. So I almost always have to wait till the next day...after work. Which makes the day go so SLOW, cause all I can think about is 'dolldolldolldolldolldoll....a;ldkjalkfjjsdlk'. Haha. :)

14. When I had payed off my LTF, I knew I had to get her out of customs. So, when the notice came I happily went to the office, early in the morning, when no one else would be there. And then I couldn't pay with my bank card! I had to get the money from my bank account and said bank opened only half an hour later! I was pacing in the vestibule back and forth, waiting for them to finally open... And then rushed back to the customs office to pay the fees... Oh my, that half hour brought me some white hairs...

15. That moment is certainly the best moment for me =D I'm very patient and I don't mind waiting but when the company gives me a tracking number I get very anxious!! it is even worse when the tracking number says "out for delivery":shudder if I'm at home I would keep an eye like a hawk for the mailman and if I'm at work, I would call whomever is at home like every 10 minutes "is it there yet?!!:horror: "

16. I once delayed my roleplaying group by two hours because I was waiting for a doll to arrive. It was worth it, and my friends understood. She kinda became our mascot for the evening.

17. I once had a doll arrive as we were leaving the house to a big family event - I swear I nearly threw a tantrum in order to stay and open her. But, no, I had to wait until I got home. We left home at like 8.30am, and I didn't get home til 6 ish. I was so cranky all day! (To clarify, I was 22 when this happened. I'm not sure my partner, or my father, would have been impressed. My sister agreed I should stay though!)

When my dream doll came into the country, my partner and I were on holiday in a different city. That city happened to have the 'main' importing post center. I got a tracking update saying she was there. If I had taken any proof of address with me, I would have gone and gotten her! Instead, two days later we flew back to our city, and it took another three days for her to arrive XD

18. Well, the "on delivery process" is much better than "preparing items"
      I always see that preparing items over and over.. Especially for lati.. T_T
      I would say "work faster!!"

19. That moment when they're trapped at customs and the customs office is driving distance. ;;

20. I think the time between the shipping notice and actually holding the box in your hands is much worse than the time waiting for the doll to be made :/. If customs are involved, that's the worst. One of my dolls spent a full fortnight in customs - that was terrible, because I had no idea at all when she would be released. It's completely unpredictable. Then there is the issue of tracking: sometimes the status doesn't update at all and you have no idea where your dollie is. Argh! Or when the status says, "attempt at delivery failed", and you freak out because you were at home all that day and you know very well the postman hasn't called... Meep.