1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Moments of Tenderness

Mar 17, 2007

1. Aw, so many sweet stories! ;____;

2. Um....

My dolls are sort of like "comfort objects" for me, like a stuffed animal, favourite blanket, etc. I have bad anxiety and depression, and holding Amel makes me feel better.
      In addition, last November, one of my best friends from childhood lost a leg due to complications from e.Coli. I only found out about it at eleven at night, and by then none of my other friends were awake at the time, so I ended up crying into a resin shoulder. Sometimes you just need to cry and hold something.

3. THis thread gives me the warm fuzzies. ;^; Aww...

4. Ferret-hime, I love your Avi... ^__^

~*~
      I have horrible cramping from the day before my period starts, until the day after it's begun. My boyfriend is aware of how painful it gets, since he was around when we were only friends, and he was the one who used to pick me up at work, to take me to his house to lay me down to rest.

My eyes dialate, my temperature drops, and I get the shakes. :(

He's so good to me... that he knows that when he's not able to curl up behind me and comfort me... he puts Kiba (who's my favorite, and the next best thing to my boyfriend) in my arms, covers us both in covers, and puts the bodypillow behind me. He checks the DoA news section for me, kisses me on the forehead before he leaves, and ruffles Kiba's hair.

... within minutes, I'm warm, safe and sound asleep. :)

Sickness + Dolls, Love, Tenderness = Great Medicine :aheartbea

5. D'aaaa, bumping again!

6. Mine's silly ;)

After a really exhausting week of nothing but studying and tests, every day was leaving me more and more drained. I kept falling asleep in classes and even had fights with a few teachers. At the end of a particularly stressful day, I went straight to my room and plopped Kiril on the bed next to me from where he was sitting on his chair - wig and all. I was so tired, I didn't care (but I should have :sweat)

Anyways, I fell asleep holding his hand.. And when I woke up, the first thing I saw was him looking at me with his soft smile, my finger grasped in his hand. It was so sweet and reassuring that I started crying. I really love my boy, so when I woke up like it, it made me love him even more. He was like my wall :whee:

7. Awww... that's so sad and cute.... I almost cried 'cause I kinda felt about a fourth of the pain.
      [I'm weird like that.]
      My dentists are n00bs, too.
      The one lady actually STABBED me in the gum, twice, and then had the nerve to say "There was a lot of blood. It's because you don't take care of your teeth."
      Even though I obsessive-compulsively brush my teeth 2 times a day and get really weird about it if they don't feel clean. I dunno...
      But that's so cute that your parents took care of you. [: That just proves that they love you. :aheartbea
      I've never really had any moments like that... I'm not a 'tender' kind of person... I'm more of a... 'Omg, you're human, don't touch meeeee!' kinda person... XD
      The only kind of moment I've had like that... is with my cat, Booboo. I was upset 'cause I got in a fight with my boyfriend, which lead to a fight with my mom, which lead to a fight with my icky yucky step dad that I hate. And I was on my bed, crying. And my kitty hopped up on my bed and started purring and giving me kisses. It was so cute that I cried even more. Lol...
      She's really all I have when it comes down to it... But that's ok.
      But once I get my little Twing-Key... I'll have her, AND Booboo. [:
      So when I'm upset, those 2 will make me TWICE as happy, I know it. ^^

8. Bump for a very sweet, heartfelt thread... I loved reading everyone's stories.

9. Oh, sure thing! These guys are lifesavers! I live alone, which I love. But sometimes, even the most reclusive cavegirl can get lonely on a Friday night when she's laid up with PMS and feeling sorry for herself.

When the universe is b$@ch-slapping me, I run right to Sora. :aheartbea Sora is my touchstone. He's a version 1 Shiro Tachibana, with a floppy old body, heavier & fuller & more huggable than the others. He slips into my arms or over my shoulder, and his arms seem to drape themselves around me by themselves. I pat his wonderful little round bum until I feel better. ^^ I'm 37, and I'd never believe that such a stiff resin assemblage could ever be so cuddly.

I'm not totally faithful to Sora, though. Sometimes I grab Adrian instead-- Adrian is a SD16 Yukinojo, so he's even more of an armful, & his weight is REALLY comforting. Like an enormous, pointy-edged tomcat in camouflage cargo pants. He sprawls out on my chest while I watch TV, and sometimes I even doze off... misery or no misery.

And sometimes, even little Rowan (SDC Arashi), who isn't much of an armful at all: He perches on my knee, folds his legs up indian-style, and stares frankly at me with that little sourball smirk until I give it up & laugh.

Comfort is where you find it.:)

10. That's a very sweet story. Glad that your parents (and Torin!) could help you feel better.

In a way, I think Arista's very presence is a comfort for me. She was technically a graduation present, but I think another reason my parents bought her for me was because a week or so before I ordered her, my dog died. Jamie had been my best friend since I was seven. (I'm twenty-three now.) I'm a really shy person, so it's difficult for me to make friends... but Jamie was always there for me. I lost him just a couple of days before finals started, at the end of a really rough semester for me.

Mom understood this, and a few days later, she started asking me about the dolls, and what kind I wanted. That night I worked with her to pick out Arista, and soon the order was placed. She hasn't replaced Jamie, not by any means. But something about her captivates me in the same way Jamie did.

Other moments that stand out to me was seeing my boyfriend hold Arista for the first time. He holds her so gently. It's sweet.

11. I have Major Depression (among other things =_=; ), and last semester was really, really bad for me. I fell into a rut; I slept all day, skipped classes, and cried a lot. To be honest, I don't remember it very clearly; I only recall that after about five weeks of this, as I was watching the sun rise yet again, my eyes were drawn to where Shoujiki was sitting on my desk. I SWEAR I could hear him talking to me, and he was so uncharacteristically worried about me that it made me smile.

I knew that my chances of passing most of my classes were shot, but I sat the exams anyway, and Shoujiki came with me to every single one. He sat on the table and waited for me, and when they were done, we celebrated by going outside and having a photoshoot.

Now that I have Nino too, I snuggle with them a lot. When I'm having a "down" day, I climb in bed with my laptop and tuck Nino in the crook of my arm and read. Sometimes I use his little hand to click the mouse button. X3

12. bump~<3 (Gah, these are so sweet! I want more. MOOOOOOOOORE.)

13. that is so cute ^^ my mom does stuff like that for me too(with my stuffed animals). and believe me, i feel your pain. wisdom teeth are not a fun thing to have.

this is such a cute thread :D

14. My gums bleed at the touch of a toothpick, seriously. Its because I don't floss well enough (despite my Mom having been in dentistry for like 25 years now, I have terrible dental habits)

I am having my wisdom teeth taken out next month...my Mom has said she's going to take care of my two little ones (16 months and 3) so I can sleep the afternoon away. Considering that I rarely get a full night's sleep, it sounds like gold to me. (I'm only worried about being put out)

15. *=^.^=*
      I had no idea this thread would get this long! Thanks you all so much for sharing your stories! Bless their resin hearts, but these guys sure can help take the pain away! I won't devulge the name of the member, but I bought a SD10 body from a member many months ago, and right before he was sent it to me, she had him with her during a hospital stay in order to comfort her. I was touched when she told me. Now he's here and taking care of me! I hope she gets to buy another body for her doll soon!

16. Posting again, because I had a new one happen the day after I read this thread! XD

This past week I've been having TERRIBLE insomnia. I have restless leg syndrome too, so when I'm up, I'm up and twitching. Anyway, I had spent the previous nights alternating between lying and staring at the ceiling for hours, and surfing DoA, but the third night, I was just so darn tired. I climbed in bed at 12am, and was still awake at 6am. Fed up and frustrated, I started to cry, and then I thought about this thread.

I grabbed Nino off the shelf by my bed and spooned him against my chest, with his head right under my chin, and held his hand. Nino's strung fairly loose right now, but even I was surprised at how he seemed to just flop right into a 'resting' pose. Within half an hour? I was asleep.

I woke up in the same position I fell asleep (which NEVER happens), except that Nino's wig was askew, and it looked so funny I just started giggling. He got a big kiss on the head and a new shirt as a reward. ^^

17. Kuroraka-chan *hugs* I don't think i can bear what u've been through!

I don't really have a life-threatening or setimental story to tell as of yet but having Rae at home is a comfort to me as well as my pikachu plushie. I've had bad terrible moments before but they were all before Rae came home to me so i don't kno exactly how i would feel but it feels good to have him here and i kno he would be a comfort for when time comes.

18. Hey, I have that too. It really sucks--especially since no one believes me. ^_^;

Actually, I'm feeling pretty bad right now, because I'm really worried about what's going to happen to me since I blew off applying to college (long story short, I don't want to go quite yet) and now I don't know if I'll be able to leave my house by the fall like I want... But this thread and my Edan are making me feel a bit better (even if I what I really want is a hug from someone not made of resin, ha).

19. Aaaw gosh, these are such heartwarming stories. :aheartbea I love hearing stuff like this.

I'll add my own small one in here. I've never had good sleeping habits, but this week has been really rough. Students have been more cranky at school, etc, etc. I'm so tired when I get home that I can't fall asleep! I just sit until 11 or 12, I keep waking up to stare at the clock, and turn around get up way early the next day. I decided, what the heck, I plopped Chris and Lucas down in the spot next to where I sleep...I still didn't get to bed early but I slept the whole night. :)

20. I sleep with my 16 month old...we have to move her into her own bed soon. Unfortunately, she is my teddy bear, so I will probably have sleep problems when she's not there with me. I don't know about cuddling a resin doll though....I think I need to cuddle a soft 20 lb weight.