1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Moments of Tenderness

Mar 17, 2007

1. I love reading these stories they make me feel all warm inside! (Or maybe it's the heater next to me on my desk...? o-0 ) So let me add mine too-

I've always had bad allergies, so during the spring and autumn months I tend to get sick quite easily. One day I came home from work feeling completely cruddy - I hadn't been able to sleep properly for a week because of my sinuses. Anyway, when I came home I plopped down on my bed intent to maybe take a little nap. Samantha and Michael were sitting there so I grabbed them both and cuddled them close. Within a few minutes I was fast asleep and when I woke I felt so much better!

2. I suffer from anxiety and depression, as well as chronic illness. I still tend to dress dolls, brush their hair or look at pictures of them when something is setting me off. I've gone through a lot of life changes, though, and my dolls don't seem as comforting as they did - put it down to being newly married and having better sources of comfort.

I do think, as hobbies go, that dolls are uniquely comforting, because they bring with them the illusion of caring for a dependent being. The hobby really did get me through times when life seemed really black and impossible to face, so I'm grateful to dolls for being such a source of positive play, for grownups and well as children.

In the end, though, I prefer human hugs. <3

3. Methinks this thread needs another bump. :)

4. aw, so many beautiful and warm stories... ;_;
      I don't really have any concrete story to tell, I just feel much more calm and less lonely (most of my friends live away from my place..;_;) when I hold my boy... especialy now, when I suffer from my period and mood-swings, but I swear, just petting him or holding his hand makes me feel better :)

5. What a nice thread ;_; Thank you for bumping it, it was lost in the annals of the forum.

I've just recently gotten back into my dolls, so they've been getting more attention from me lately. Unfortunately, I've also had my depression come back strong, and I've had numerous days that have been filled with listlessness and misery. It's helped to focus on the dolls, though my finances are taking a hit because of it... >_>;

The other night was particularly bad, and I was at my desk about to cry from frustration at my situation, and I turned around and grabbed Ling from the shelf and sat him in my lap and stroked his hair. I'm not usually very cuddly with my dolls, but having his weight there and his smiling face was more comforting than I like to admit it should be.

6. I'm glad this thread got bumped. Reading it made me smile.

7. ow wow I love this thread. I don't have any stories beyond "I was down and my boys made me smile" but everyone else's stories were so sweet I was almost getting teary eyed.

And now, because I am actually having a bad day, I'm gonna go curl up and read with one of my boys. :)

8. Well, this hasn't exactly happened to me yet, but I'm sure they'll be a great comfort to me when I go overseas to university and am feeling homesick. Sure, I'll make new friends when I'm there, but these little familiar faces are always around to keep me company, even at 4 am in the morning when everyone else is asleep.

9. I don't really have a story, but whenever I'm feeling icky in any way, Blaise always cheers me up just by looking at him. I love to cuddle him, too. And whenever he's lying on my bed, all curled up, it warms my heart so much!! :D

10. This has to be one of the cutest GD threads I have ever seen!

All the experiences I've had with Daai were little, but they all really mean alot to me. Like the day I got him, I had a really tough day of class when I got home and checked my Deviantart. I had a note from Novalon asking me if the head arrive [ won it in her give away.] That moment I grabbed up my friends and we rushed to the mailroom and I got the head.

He made me so happy and I was inlove as soon as I opened the box. I put him on his little stuffed body and laughed and immediately rushed off to make hims om temporary clothing.

My friends weren't supportive of him at first, but in about two weeks I had to leave campus for the weekend and I had Daai laying on my bed, his head on my pillow. I think my friend Jace went.. "Man, while you're gone we're going to mistake Daai for you can keep talking to him."

I laughed, it was really sweet, in an odd sort of way.

Now, at home I made him a little bed near mine, and usually if I get sad or upset I pull him into my arms and brush the hair out of his face. It usually cheers me up with no fail.

11. Aw this thread is so sweet, I have my own story.

I had gotten Mimi maybe about 2 weeks before my mom died. I wanted to show Mimi to her because I knew she'd like her, but sadly my mom never got to see her. Having seen my mom in the hospital like that was very traumatic and I think Mimi helped a lot with my therapy. I used to keep her at my bedside, but I knew it made my husband uncomfortable, so I stopped. Even though, Mimi and Annabelle are always there for me. ^^

These guys are like resin teddy bears ^^

12. somehow, i'm thinking the same thing. X3

13. Oh I'm so glad to see this thread brought back! I loved to read everyone's responses! Thanks for contributing!

14. I have a somewhat similar story.
      A while back, when I had first gotten my boy, I had woke up really early in the morning, thinking I had to use the bathroom. Within minutes though, I was doubled over with pain, practically had to crawl to my Mom's bedroom to get her to rush me to the hospital. Turns out I had a kidney stone :sweat

While I was in the hospital bed, feeling awful for dragging my mother out of bed at such an early hour, and being stuck with the IV- I kept thinking about how much I wanted my boy with me to cuddle. I wasn't in the hospital long enough for anybody to go home and get him for me, so as soon as I was released, I dragged myself into my room and cuddled him. I fell asleep pretty quickly, and he made me feel loads better.

These dolls are really very comforting. It's amazing just how much their little faces and resin arms can make you feel better.

15. That's such a sweet thing. Yea no matter what age we are, we always look like a small kid in our parent's eye.

For me I do have one to share but the pain ain't me but my grandma, I remember it was last year, when my grandma still staying in hospital for a months and mum gotta look after her in hospital and seldom come home, may be just a change and then she got back to hospital. When mum was in the hospital time, she keep on knit dresses for the girls and grandma see mum knitting she will ask, remember to ask (ME) to bring her girl to show me(Grandma). So everytime I went to visit my grandma, I will bring Shinku wearing the knit wear that mum knit. Grandma will hold her gently and said.."What a lucky brat you are" and smile while playing with her. I'm happy to see grandma smilling ang giggling thou she's in pain. So everytime I went to hospital and visit her, I will bring Shinku along. Sometimes when nurses ask my grandma whose doll was that, she will answer, it was my grand daugther's little kid... so she's my great grand daugther. I was laughing whenever I heard this. Cause ya never expect one 85 year old grandma would answer this. Moreover, we are chinese.. so most of the chinese grandma they can't really accept that their grand child play dolls even thou they already over 20s. xD

So yea.. that's my part! I guess i did share this around lotsa time...X_X

16. This thread is pure love :aheartbea

I'm not sure if I should say I'm lucky or unlucky to be able to participate... About three months ago I heard that one of my most dearest people was going to die in less than a year. That person is the only one truly safe adult figure in my life, and knowing that she had both suffered for who knows how long without telling anyone and would suffer even more was almost unbearable. At the time I found out I was just slowly recovering from my own depression, too, which didn't help at all.
      Luckily I had bought my Nanuri-head, Amanda, from Illves some time before all that happened. Amanda has a really thick, curly wig, and combing it managed to calm me down and get through hard moments. Every time I felt like falling to pieces, I took her head and started to play with it. It was very calming and relaxing, and she's still my 'stress toy'. Whenever I'm feeling desperate or miserable in an alarming measure, I fetch her and start brushing her hair.

17. I go through spots of depression.. The day after Riku arrived I had a BAD episode, I picked him up and snuggled with him for a few hours and cried some(It was a bad) I fell asleep during and woke up feeling better, :sweat it was very calming holding him.. The odd bit is I hardly EVER fall asleep that early.

Since Riku arrived I've had an outlet for my creativity and I enjoy making him things and talking to him and I feel much better after. To me he's more than 'just a doll', he's always there if I need him.

18. Bump for this thread

I've had some pretty crap two days at work. Heard earlier this week they came in on my day off and found one of my fave dogs dead from bloat. Yesterday spent hours cleaning up puke of another one that has been coming to the kennel for forever, we rushed him to the clinic and found out today he was put down sometime during the night because he had bloat as well. So work isn't as happy as it usually is.

Came home, turned on Howl's Moving Castle (best cheer-up movie ever) and grabbed Uriel. He really isn't a big cuddler but he put up with me for a couple hours while I nuzzled his head and just relaxed. Once I calmed down a bit I took some time to admire his sculpt and found out that his left pinky is longer than his right xD but yeah, he definitely helped a lot today.

19. I don't really have any super-tender stories. ;3; The closest I've come is when I was listening to my Phantom of the Opera soundtrack one time, and the sadness of it reminded me of poor Silas' tragic life, so I was able to pick him up and cuddle him. :whee:

20. my little story is not all that dramatic...quite simple, but I just thought I'd share.

Well I'm moving in the next few days and a week before I had a mission trip and I had to pack Larue up in case we would move when I was gone, but that didn't happen lol, so I got Larue out again (not to mention that he looked much happier to see me ^^'). Then that night I fell asleep (without meaning to), and prior to that I had Larue sleeping right next to me. I don't know what it was but I just had this weird feeling as I slept next to him, and waking up I just cuddled him X3. (lols not to mention he was an inch away from the edge of the bed...it's a miracle!)