1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Moments of Tenderness

Mar 17, 2007

1. Aww... I love this thread. It makes me so happy!

2. Well I don't really have a story but my dolls are my zen thing. Anytime I'm upset or stressed I hug them, play with them, dress them and or just look at them and I start feeling better. Even when I've had drama with them, the dolls themselves still make me feel better. Shiro T is my doll ecstasy. :XD:

3. I remember when I first went to boarding school I felt really homesick after a few weeks. And there was noone I could turn to in school. And there he was. I cuddled Hyde and just cried. He really comforted me.

4. More stories anyone?

5. aww... you all have really sweet stories...

Just the other day, I was just done with Maggie's new dress and asked my husband if he liked it. His face just glowed and softened (which he doesn't usually do when I give him girlly stuff to look at) and he reached his hand to touch the dress and said he thought it was very pretty.

I thought that was very sweet :)

6. Haven't really had any of that, but I like sleeping with Irian, actually. During Metrocon it was the first time I could do so in nearly a month thanks to fostering a very young and VERY active kitten. None of my roommates (KeyofTwilight, Jewel_Noxenet, and another nondollie person) said anything, they thought it was sweet.

Sometimes Baron giving me the stinkeye from his chair when I haven't done things like take care of myself when I'm sick or sleeping too long (I can do it, surprisingly) will spur me to do things, almost as if he's taking care of me in his own dolly way.

EDIT: Oh, I guess I could talk about Baron's head breaking. At Megacon he suffered a fall in the dealers' room out of my arms that shattered his Sculpey head. I lost it sobbing, as did the women whose booth he fell in front of, although they had enough presence of mind to pick up every last little shard and put it in a bag for me. I sought comfort from my friend who was working another booth, and someone there poked in the bag and said "I bet that can be glued. I bet someone in the Alley has glue." I'm glad she didn't bet me money, because she would have won. I found a woman selling clay sculptures in the Alley, and she said she had superglue. She asked to see the bag, then told me to go away and look at something else before I died of sadness. I came back about half an hour later and found her trying to put Baron's newly glued head back on his body. I cried some more and hugged her. She refused to be paid for putting him back together. So I bought one of her sculptures instead, which she accepted. The cute little octopus-mouse remains Baron's favourite pet. I sent him later to KeyofTwilight, who did wonders with epoxy putty and now you can't tell a THING happened to him. His head is stronger now, actually, thanks to the putty.

At Metrocon, the same women who saw Baron break were again in the dealers' room. I had him out with me on Sunday, and of course I brought him over to see them, where they hugged him and shook his hand and hugged me and all sorts of other things, expressing such delight that he was all right and better than ever. It was great. I never expected so many complete strangers to be so concerned for, or do so much for, a doll.

7. zomg this thread is so awesome ;;_;; how dare it be pushed back to page 11...? *revive!*

my story is sort of..dumb xD but oh well.
      My very first BJD (AOD MSD Chen, Asterisk) arrived about a month ago and at first we had sort of a rocky relationship...Asterisk was definitly coated in additude (i often wonder if someone really snarky was the one to cast him =A=) and i was a little put off by how darned DISPLEASED he always looked with me xD i suppose it's because i don;t have any clothes made for him yet and don't have masses of time to spend with him..i must be a dissapointment of an owner ;;; well anyway, last night, i had a bit of free time..and i happened to glance over at him sitting on my desk and i picked him up..and almost started crying xDDD you see, it took me WELL over three years to be able to get my very first doll...and the sudden realization that i had ACHIEVED my goal struck me all at once and i spend a good 15 minutes hugging him and telling him i really DID love him-- this morning, he was all smiles for the first time <3 <3 <3 :3

8. *Hugs Laamberry*
      Thanks for reviving the thread (and for having the best avatar EVER) Your story is sweet! Not dumb in the least! Congrats on your new bond with your boy!

9. aww thank you swo much xDDD <3 (and a double thanks for the avatar comment xD i still giggle when i see it) :D LONG LIVE SWEET THREADS LIKE THESE!

10. Mine is short but sweet. My Adonis cheered me up greatly when I was having a tough time at school- work overload at univeristy anyone? I was feeling miserable and wondering if I had even done well on my midterm. I was generally just down on myself and grabbed Adonis for a hug- I felt loads better and I swear I heard his snort of 'You'll do fine- you're under-estimating yourself'. Getting this vibe from my little self-centered pyro made me feel better.

And he was right - I aced my test. Now I always give him a hug when I'm worried about school.

11. My dear hamster of almost four years passed away this summer, and needless to say I was really broken up about it. Normally I'm pretty okay, I've lost pets before, but Cookie was special. I just grabbed Erebos and hugged him while I sobbed. I had picked him up in such a way that he actually leaned against me and had his hand on my arm as if to say "It's okay."
      He made me feel so much better.

12. the whole reason I got my boy was because I was really depressed and was going through a very rough time. I had been lusting over a BJD for years and I finnaly had the money.. I thought.. hey. perfect time to get one. A little companion to get me through these hard times. So I got him.
      When I opened the box when he arrived, that first glance, into his icy blue eyes... that moment.. I almost cried over how beautiful he was, I knew this was the start of a beautiful friendship, but I tried my best not to cry cause my mom was sitting next to me -.-

13. I've had a lot of health problems lately, complicated ones that the doctors can't seem to figure out. Well, this morning, I had an appointment for allergy testing, and since I have issues with needles, I was incredibly nervous.

So I brought Siobhan with me. She stayed in my bag almost the entire time, so the other people in the waiting room looked at me a little odd as I hugged my bag. I'm actually in class now, and between doctor's office and here, I went home and grabbed all my dolls, so all three are sitting in my bag, keeping me company. I feel so much better, despite feeling exhausted and tired and the fact that my arms are swelled like nothing else. It hurts. And my dolls look so sad, like they're sympathizing, and it really does help.

14. aww~~ this is such a nice thread. *_*
      I almost cried when I read some of the posts!

I want to share my experience, too.
      Some month ago before I even bought my first BJD, I was obsessing over VOLKS FCS molds. I found F-31 and fell in love with it.... so very completely.
      That same day I had severe fit of gastritis. It was very painful. But I had to get through it. And Somehow there was one thought in my head "F-31..." And its image. And I was thinking of how I will get it, touch it, play with it, love it... I thought about it non-stop all the way to the hospital and back. And all the way through the painful night because the injection doctors gave me didn't really do much. :( And through less painful next several days. I really feel like that thought... that dream.. .that image helped me get through this and stay sane.
      To this day I am dreaming of this mold and planning to get it next summer in person if all goes right. For me.. it is a very special mold!
      :)

15. I'd had a really bad day, issues with work and living alone, having no close friends within an hour's drive, and unable to drive to them. So I picked up Norn, my Sabik, and leaned my head against his, wrapping his arms around my neck. And there was just this reassuring kind of weight to him. Even though I didn't have anyone around me to give me an actual hug, I could close my eyes and rest my head on him and it felt almost real. And I felt better.

16. :( This thread is so touching. I wish my mom was as awesome as some of your parents. If she could, she would sell Aleksei is a yard sale! :...(

Sometimes, when there's no one around, I will just randomly hug Sei. I mainly do it when I'm sad. Just hugging her floppy ( :sweat ) body makes me feel better. Sometimes, when I cry too much, I get sleepy. So I just grab her, snuggle up in some blankets, and she helps me dream the good things I want to dream. :)

17. Well since the last time i wrote in this thread alot of things have happened to which my dolls have become my greatest comfort.

About this time last year my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. There were two great comforts in my life. my now ex boyfriend...and Ringo (and the other resin kiddies) I drove alot over to my exbf's house, and Ringo would sit next to me buckled in the passenger seat where i could hold his hand and see his gentle smile.

My ex was always there for me, and allowed my dolls to sit in his room with me, as i cried in his bed with him. or hed make them do silly things to make me laugh.

I got over that rough time...but now as i said, he let me go so im going through another hard time. This time, the dolls are the only comfort i have. I've gotten increasingly close to them, because i take them with me alot now adays. Since they've been pretty well recieved by my faimly...they go with me to visit faimly. Lukas went on vacation with me as moral support to over come some of my anxieties...and even slept in the hotel bed with me.

Im working hard to overcome my broken heart...and its been really really hard on me as it was a relationship of 5 years...but they have been an endless wealth of comfort for me. i think tonight i will either bring Ringo to bed with me...or just sit and give him a big hug, as ive been feeling a bit meloncoly today.

thanks for reading my rammbles.

Its amazing how much comfort can be derivied from a resin kid.

18. Uwah! these stories are so sweet.

19. Wow, all your stories are really very touching. I will admit, some of them made me feel a bit emotional. ^^;
      I wish I had one to share, but I think it's enough seeing all of yours.
      And now I want to go and cuddle my little Effie.

20. My mother is in her late 70s and she's a little afraid of my dolls...she's afraid she's going to hurt them if she picks them up or handles them. But, sometimes I'll come home from work and find that Mom's tucked a blanket around Heavenlea's shoulders or put one of her plushies in her arms. When I ask Mom about it, she always said that she thinks Heavenlea looks chilly (or lonely). It's her way of showing her affection for them without actually touching them. It's so cute!