1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Moments of Tenderness

Mar 17, 2007

1. Awww, so many of these stories give me that warm, fuzzy feeling ^.^
      Oddly enough, it also increased my desire to buy a doll (I still haven't fully decided). >w<

2. Yeah F-31 is my dream doll too, and I hope to get him next year. I hope things are going better with your gastritis!

3. Anymore great stories out there?

4. I've got something similar... I don't have a little one yet, but I know who I want.. A Puki Pukisha..

I'm going for my bachelor's degree in Animation and it's been an absolutely rough final year so far. *Year round schools SUCK! XD* Couple that with Carpal Tunnel and Radial Tunnel Syndrome (which is where the pain goes all the way up your arm to the muscles that connect your shoulder to your neck), where there have been days where my entire arm locks up and holding a pencil makes me cry, and it's a bad thing all around.

But it's odd. I go to the Fairyland website and just look at those adorable little pictures of the Pukisha, and it's so much easier to continue. I know it'll be a while before I get him, if ever, but it's such a comfort to look at that tiny little face. It helps me move on and continue through the pain.

5. I have many cuddle stories, since I`m suffering madly of major depression. I can get depressed at the drop of a hat, and just about anywhere - unable to move and suddenly crying. Its horrible...
      My doll Emily seems to suffer from it too, so often we cuddle up together and watch a horror-movie to feel better, all wrapped in warm blankets with milk and chocolate to sooth our needs with. And when I sniff her resin-smelling, cute little head, I just feel tons better. The smell of resin reminds me of when I got her and Mju, and the feelings I had. I was so happy I could die when I got my girls... :) I cant wait for my boy to come, getting something bigger to huggle around and more cuddle memories to make me smile. :D

6. Awe...

These stories are so cute! :D

I would love to hear more, and maybe when I get my boy I can post again with a story of my own...

7. These dolls mean so much to me and hearing everyone say they want to get my dollies things makes me so happy. They understand and do not find me "weird" for loving them.

And I wanted to cry when my boyfriend, who is in denial of loving the dolls, looks to me and says "I wish I could make a bunch of money to buy you more dolls and buy stuff for them...."

^^

8. xD Lol, my boyfriend doesn't like my doll, either. He's jealous of her.

And how are you, Aernath? I haven't talked to you since that dolly meet in DC a long time ago! xD

9. I love when someone completely unexpected takes a shine to one of my dolls. Like this past weekend at Freecon, everyone doted on my Bambicrony elf girl, particularly this one guy who you would not have expected to like dolls at all...an engineering type. But he just absolutely loved her and was over the moon when I let him hold her and any other doll he wanted. It was SO.CUTE. I just love that sort of thing.

10. Okay, I promise I'm not stalking you across this forum or anything, lol! You just keep on making comments I want to reply to. I love it when people unexpectedly love my doll, too! It makes me so excited, I want to let them hold her and cuddle her. Now there are a lot of people at my school who want to make clothes for Nachi, which is the cutest thing I've ever heard of. xD Do you ever have people offer to give your doll little things? Like, they're trying to hard to interact positively with your doll, it's adorable?

Before I got Nachi, I used to be so reverent of other's dolls (and I still am). But I used to gush even more if the owner let me hold their doll, and I remember I got so damn excited one time while holding a doll that was beautiful I pretty much teared up out of gratitude. Lol. The owner was all, O-O! 'Uh, you can take a picture with him if you like him that much.' I'm a lot calmer now when I hold other's dolls.

11. I LOVE this thread. These are amazing. This may or may not count cause my beautiful boy is still on his way. My husband is in the military, and was deployed to the Middle East at the beginning of this year. We are currently stationed in the Azores, a tiny tiny string of islands in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Getting back to the states to see my family is incredibly difficult. Shortly after he deployed 3 of my very close friends were restationed and moved off the island. So... no hubby, worried about his safety, no family, missing my friends. :...( Finding BJDs and this forum has helped tremendously. I can immerse myself in this world and it helps lonely evenings fly by. I have pics of my future resin kids as my screen saver and just seeing them makes me happy.

12. i haven't got stories because my doll isn't home yet, but the 'Baron's broken head' story made me smile ^^
      i see dolls are also a good comfort while sleeping, but i move too much in bed and i have metal bars at the right side, and i am afraid my dollie's head would smash on them. luckily i also have a very soft chair in the living room, and i never move when i sleep on it. XD

13. Sometimes when I am feeling depressed, my boyfriend will hand me Sophia and tell me to cuddle with her. It really touches me that he understands that she makes me happy.

14. I had a really rough night about two weeks ago, I heard some news and got really upset*emotional person*, and crying for a good 2 or so hours whilst here on doa. My family was long asleep, and my one friend who I was talking to wasn't doing that great a job of calming me down. :sweat: Kori was sitting in his make shift chair on the computer desk, and I pulled him into my arms and hugged him for a while. The tears stopped almost immediatly.

*huggles Kori*
      Kori: Stop it D:
      Me: Never >3

15. I've had a moment like that.

I have bad family issues so a week or so ago my sister started having a fit! Yelling, cursing, throwing crap at my door and ect. I was so scared and angry that my mom wouldnt help and that she wouldnt stop that I just pulled Fo-ru (my boy) Out of his box and hugged him to my chest as I cried. I sat there for sometime just holding him but he helped me calm down. When I was done, I gave his head a little kiss and set in back in his box, leaving it open incase I needed him again, which I did!

16. Oh man, Keli has been with me through some really hard times. I remember once, I was crying really hard (issues with my mom) and holding him tight, and by the time I was done, his entire shirt was soaked through with tears and smudged up with my eyeliner. Keli makes me feel so much better. I don't know why, but he's seriously... he's just one of the best friends I've ever had.

17. Eleona I thought your story was so cute! Your husband is so nice for bringing your dolly!
      When you said 'I have 2 girls now, and my husband has suggested I need a 3rd ' I though you meant human girls XD

When I'm feeling down I take Lydia from her bed and either set her on a pillow or the bed side table, it always makes me feel better when I can see her there.

18. Awww, I'm so glad this thread was revived! I was looking everywhere for it a couple weeks ago, but I couldn't remember the name! >w<

A bit more on topic... James helps me calm down a lot when I'm angry or upset over something. When I'm really furious I can't "channel" my anger energy into something constructive. My movements are so jerky and abrupt that the things that can usually calm me down, such as drawing or even playing DDR, are impossible. But when I hold James I have to be gentle, and it forces me to relax. Other times when I'm feeling depressed just cuddling him helps cheer me up. The past two years have been kind of rough at times, and over the past eight months that I've had him, James has helped a lot. He makes me smile :)

19. Ah, more stories. I love this thread. ^^

My birthday was last Saturday, and it was the first birthday I have spent away from family... It was pretty heavy, being hundreds of miles from my loved ones, not getting presents, cake and hugs.. :(
      - But instead they sent me money, and allowed me to use it on my dolls. They know I love them just as much as real people. That made me feel better, since I haven't bought anything for them since October.

And I brought them to bed with me, and had a big cuddle with them. We watched movies, and I had chocolate, and got tons of nice mails from friends. And my best friend came to visit me. :)
      - My other friends I had partied with the day before, giving me lots of drinks, so they were too hangover to come and see me. :XD:

But what made me most happy was our tender moments in bed, me playing with their hands, and promising them something for their birthdays, since they were there for me on my day, smiling to me.
      Dolls are love. <3

20. Well, I always slept with my kids next to me, I mean, they're in the other side of the bed, so the other night I was having really bad dreams about sad things from my past and I was feeling really disturbed and sad. I woke up in the middle of the night and realized that I had to do something to calm myself down and get back to sleep, so I picked Sou up and hugged her and tried to sleep again. To my surprise, I got sleep really fast and started to dream about dolls, so I totally forgot about the bad dreams xD
      My dolls mean a lot to me. They're really a companion and always keep me away from the bad thoughts, they always calm me dowm. I just love them.