1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Moonlit Wonder merman

May 17, 2023

1. I wonder how bendable his tail is? Even if his fins take up a lot of space, he should, theoretically, be able to fit into something like a large duffel bag if his tail pieces aren't very static?

I don't think I've found any pictures where the flexibility of his tail is displayed unfortunately.

2. Stupid question, but was the transparent tail or the default tail (same as skin color) used on the full set of promotional images (shown including face and body make-up)? :?Somehow I can't see that.:blush
      And I'm just trying to decide what I'm going to take. :chibi

Since I'm afraid that I can't handle the huge SD Mermaid version, I'll probably take the small one?! :kitty2
      But I still have to think about what I'm going to do. I hope to see more new pictures on the artist Weibo page. :D

3. I'm pretty sure it's the non-transparant tail. I've asked a few dealers what would happen if the transparant tail is combined with the blushing from the fullset and generally they said it would be translucent(?) or something, but I have no idea what that would look like.

I'm also keeping an eye on the Weibo page. Hopefully they'll show more blushed and unblushed pictures of the doll. Maybe they'll even show what a painted transparant tail looks like?

4. From the looks of the photos it looks like the solid color of resin and not the transparent tail.

Me too! I'm looking forward to more photos from the artist!

5. @Phoenix-Aeterna & @Haruka
      Oh, thank you so much for the fast answer! That helps me a lot. :kitty2
      More pictures of the doll would be great. Because so far there is no promotional photo for the completely painted SD full set, too. Which surprises me a little.

But the Mermaid will hopefully be assembled by the manufacturer, right? Otherwise I'm afraid of putting it together by myself. :sweat

6. All BJDs are assembled that I've brought from the manufacturer, unless it's a garage kit then that's not assembled or someone from the 2nd hand market is saving on shipping and handling. Also I would think it would be noted if it wasn't pre-assembled on the website.

7. I don't know if you can compare them, but the Angell Studio Mermaid dolls came to my mind:
      AS Mermaid 01
      AS Mermaid 02
      Maybe the transparent tail of 'Akheilos 2.0' looks similar?! Just that this one has more body make-up (colors) on it?! :chibi

Then I am reassured. :)Suddenly I wasn't quite sure anymore whether that would also be the case with this artist. :blush

8. Well I just order him on layaway! :dance
      I didn't expect Stacy's Pink Ocean to email so quickly but until tomorrow. But I found out that shipping isn't going to be added until they get the merman doll in for accurate shipping fees. I'm just hoping that's its not another $500+ on top of the doll but then again if it is it won't really be that much of a surprise either. Does anyone have experience of ordering a doll this tall [120cm/4'5"] with shipping to the US so I know what to expect when the ball ol' resin drops.

9. The artist posted new pictures on her Weibo page. He's unpainted but the 75cm SD version she is holding him. OMG! He's sooo tall!:D

This is her webpage; 微博

10. Damn!!! He is so cool and huge :o I feel like he needs a giant piece of driftwood to lounge on for display rather than a stand :XD: I can't wait to see owner photos!

11. Just a heads up, but the artist recently posted a sped up video where they assembled the big mermaid doll. (The ear fins are apparently clip on?)

If my translation software isn't wrong, it apparently took them 3 hours to put him together.

12. Yeah I seen the video and OMG! I feel sorry for her and yet I ordered one :love
      Yup the ears are clip on. I knew that going in which doesn't bother me.

Now to see if she makes one with a transparent painted tail! I'm curious to know what's it going to look like

13. After a long time of consideration, I decided not to buy the Akheilos 2.0 Mermaid doll after all.
      Unfortunately, the small size does not match my other large SD dolls.
      He's just too small, and his SD size is way too big (and expensive) for me. :sweat

14. Potential extended deadline: 30th of June

Just a heads up but I was talking to Stacy's Pink Ocean about the doll and asking a few logistical questions before even considering getting him and, don't quote me on this, I think they said that the deadline of his sales period has been extended to the end of this month?

So, if you are still considering him,there is a chance you could still get him! Just confirm with Stacy's Pink Ocean first, just to be sure.

I don't think I can get him either. He's just so expensive... So, I can't double confirm Stacy's Pink Ocean message.

But they did tell me that they are expecting to receive the doll about 60 working days after the deadline. That would fall somewhere at the start of September if my calculations are correct.

15. OMG A custom driftwood stand sounds AMAZING for him.

This makes sense-- he's still up on Stacy's page to order! I know she said they were offering 9 and 12 month layaways for the big doll too.

16. Oh, I didn't know they offered 12 month layaways!
      When I was talking to them, the longest they were willing to offer was 10 months.
      It's a good thing you were able to negotiate a longer one!

17. Ha, I can’t take credit unfortunately. I just asked about layaway options and someone else must have asked for longer layaways because she told me 9 and 12 months were allowed when I first asked. He is pretty pricy so it’s nice they expanded what they offered.

18. I see. It sure looks like they took notice of people asking for a longer layaway. He is indeed very expensive (and pretty!), but unfortunately, I don't think I can afford him.

Can I ask. Are you getting him?
      From what I've heard, most people are getting his 1/4 body and less people have gotten the big 75cm version.

I'm kinda wondering if anyone even went with the fullset of the big doll. According to Stacy's Pink Ocean, that would set you back at least $3,160 and that's not counting the transparant tail or shipping. They surely must have great budgeting skills.

19. I’m still considering right now. I would get the 75CM version, but I’m not a transparent parts person, so that’s a dodged bullet. He’s about the same cost as a special edition Idealian or Trinity girl, so for how big he is and what they offer, I do understand the price. With the layaway plans, you’re paying roughly the same amount per month as if you were getting a Soom Idealian— just for a lot longer. For me, the big question is “Can I get him second hand later if I want” and I’m not sure he’ll be easy to find later.

20. Ooh. I'm curious, are you going for the fullset or the blank doll?

Huh, I'm not really familiar with these brands, but it seems like these dolls go for a few thousands, like 1.5k ~ 2.5k maybe, from a cursory glance?
      Yeah, I do understand his price point considering the size, work and effort that went into creating him. It's just in a completely different bracket than the average doll I've seen so far.

That might indeed be pretty difficult.
      From what I've seen, a handful of dealers sell the smaller version (New Clover Singing, Legenddoll, MoonlightBJD, Mydollection, Stacy's Pink Ocean) but only the last three offer the big version.
      I wouldn't really vouch for the first two and the in stock selection for all three of them seem kinda limited.
      You'd probably need a healthy dose of luck to snag one up after the pre order period.