1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mori 9 Dolls

Apr 29, 2021

1. I really like the Lyra head and I agree it gives off Amano vibes! It would be amazing to turn him into a D that really sticks to the art style. But I really can't handle the giant chonky guys. It is tempting to try for the head anyway, just to be able to play around with it for a while, but I really shouldn't. :sigh

2. I think I may have to try for Lyra... I've been trying to avoid the big 75 guys, but I guess it's time to give in
      He may end up being a floating head for a while... I don't like most of the 75 bodies out there. I'd love a slender 75 body, but that seems unlikely to happen anytime soon

3. From your mouth to a sculptors ears. I'm really hoping someone will make a body similar to DF-H's 72 body.

4. He is beautiful but I will have to settle for pictures :kitty2

5. That's a really good point. I'm just traumatized by my desperate search for Austaras :XD: I guess if I miss out on Lyra I could casually keep an eye out for a secondhand one, ehehe... and I feel like white skin is less popular so maybe that will improve my chances. Time to start dreaming up a character for this guy... oh nooo! :chibi

6. Yeah, I'm glad I gave up on finding an Austaras when I did. And I'm happy with the Lu Xian twins we have now. I know these guys are too big for me to handle and I don't have to buy a whole new wardrobe for a new size. bah. There's an older Mori sculpt I've been meaning to track down anyway... so I'll just have to vicariously own Lyra through ya'll.

7. I love that body, too! Maybe I should message DF-H and beg XD

8. Do it!:thumbup

9. Haha I feel that. I've been wanting to get a Veles but the ones I have seen are the price of a whole 75cm doll just for the head lol.

Hayato prices have been reasonable though. So hopefully it trends, I have a few ideas for Lyra so I might see if I can get one in WS and one in NS since if you win the lottery you can order 2.

10. Good luck to everyone who's going to try for Lyra. I'll be sitting this one out. I don't think I can handle another 72+ cm boy in the house. They already multiplied and won't even fit in my doll cabinet so they're chilling in the walk-in closet at the moment :XD:

11. That’s a mood I empathize with. I miiiight still try for a Lyra though depending on when his preorder period happens. His features are so sharp :D

12. I want him so badly...but I'm scared to get my hopes up... :sorry

13. I'm just wondering, I've recently been seeing these Mori9 folls on Instagram, but where do you buy one? I love the sculpts and I can see one of my characters I could shell one with! They look so amazing! :aeyepop:
      Also do they sell just heads?

14. @RoyalRegals They just sell heads but they do sculpt for doll companies (Universe Doll, DFH and Dollshe) so you can get them with bodies and while I don't recommend Dollshe and DFH's sculpt was limited theres still their designs from Universe doll readily available. But their own heads they make do not come with bodies.

With a lil patience you could probably buy Hayato on the second hand markets here and on IG/Twitter but her other sculpts are pretty rare and pricy. Your best bet to find them is idlefish/xianyu but you need to have a taobao account to access and a shopping agent to buy.

ETA - Theres quite a few Hayato on idlefish right now at regular price and even an Austaras but he's like over $700 for the head alone *_*

#94 RebelViva, Mar 22, 2023
      Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
    15. Wow they can be that expensive just for a head!? I promised I budget myself with just a head way less than that ^ ^')
      You are right my best bet is to look on the secondhand market for a Hayato.
      Speaking of the other companies I didn't know they also made heads for other companies too! I'm sure I've seen some and never knew.
      Well I probably wont be able to get one regardless, thanks for the help! I just wonder what other companies have similar style then I really do love the facial sculpts.

16. imo part of Mori's appeal is that there is no one with a style like Mori's... :love:sweat

I don't think it's fair to say that you "probably won't be able to get one" - apparently the recent heads from Mori are not as scarce as the earlier ones. The less rare they are, the less they'll cost secondhand. And you can always try to order directly and the head is a normal price, with no need to go through a shopping service or anything. So don't give up just yet!

17. I do love how they are unique in all and it's why I'm so drawn to them, but I guess I just tend to look for alternatives naturally just in case.
      Though I am keeping an eye out for any sculpts that I think would fit.

18. I'm starting to contemplate what body I might get for Lyra... and I only just realized today that the Luts Grand Senior Delfs are 75cm? Could those bodies be an option? The GSD neck girth is 12.3 cm, compared to Idealian's neck girth of 12.5 cm. I like that there's a less muscular option, and all of Luts' beautiful resin colors! (I accept the fact that I will probably have to airbrush/dye the Lyra head lol :doh)

19. I like bodies from 白零|WHITE the neck is a bit bigger at 13cm though but def not as slim as the GSDF slim body. I don't see many slim 75cm like that, usually its 72cm but their neck size is usually 11-11.5cm so a bit small.

Also found out more news about the 2ddoll x Mori 9 collab. The head is called Ciel! They have a doll event they are selling at in China but will eventually sell online. He will even come in limited colors like tan, chocolate and purple! I really want to see chocolate and purple! But he will be on their buff af body, not sure if they will sell him on a slimmer one.

20. I've waffled back over to thinking I'll try for Lyra and see what happens. At first I was like, I don't want a 75cm doll they're too massive for me... but then talking to a local doll friend I mentioned my 80cm IOS/Mecha Angel hybrid when it occurred to me I could just put the Lyra head on that body instead. :doh So I am back in the game. :sweat