1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Most bizarre doll?

Mar 9, 2021

1. I can't really say I've seen any ''bizarre'' dolls per-say.
      I've seen some me personally would never ever get even if free due to my personal appeal of the said doll and my connection with it.

2. Oh man, now that I've seen them, I want one! :lol:

Wonder if they're resin or clay?

Ryu

#22 Ryuichi Sakuma 13, Mar 20, 2021
      Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    3. I love the tarot collection! They're so cool!

4. He’s worth it haha

5. His permanently perturbed expression makes me lose it every time. :')

6. Just checked, he's not on the "banned by DOA" list...yet! :eusa_naug;):lol:

Ryu

7. I want one!

8. I googled this...
      Oh my!

Now I want one too! :whee:

9. Wonder if we could contact the creator and have them make a few.:wiggle;):kitty2

Ryu

10. AOD Hui Xiang. The infamous pregnant BJD.

In a hobby where EVERYTHING has a niche collector who will love it- mangled zombie half-dolls, dolls that look like little radish-headed Ghibli sprites, Angel Philia's whole deal -I can't imagine who on earth wanted that. A rictus-grinned nightmare whose "pregnancy" only ever looks like she ate a big meal? I'm completely at a loss.

11. @~Suisei_Seki~ I totally agree with that AOD doll. And I really like scary and bizarre dolls, but she is something I feel uncomfortable with. Her pregnancy is just a thing, but that smile... :eek:

12. I have two Triffony Artwork Sphinxes. They are lovely lovely dolls. One was repainted by Angel Toast to have the makings of chocolate point Siamese cat.

13. Yeah, that smile is a bit unnerving. But I find that pregnant belly more disturbing. Its way too small for a baby that large...or maybe its a preemie? Idunno. :nowords: Definitely an interesting doll, that's for sure.

I've seen the Triffony Artwork Sphinxes around, and I think they're kind of cute...in a pug-dog kind of way.

Ryu

14. Angel Philla is such an odd doll to me tbh

15. thank you for giving me another doll to add to my wishlist!! lol.

MY NUMBER ONE FAVORITE "STRANGE" DOLL I'VE EVER SEEN ARE THE MODDED DOLLS IN KOALAKRASH'S SEER SERIES. oh my god. oh my god i love them so much. there's something about the combination of anime and body horror that gets me about that series.

i love dolls that are "strange". i also love dolls that i wouldn't consider strange, but that represent the way some people are born, with extra limbs, shapes of face and body that aren't what we would consider "human standard", etc. and conjoined twins!! oh god, conjoined twins.

angel philia def creeps me out, but, uh, to each their own?

16. Welp, the creator of Pisyun has opened up preorders again, so guess who just put one on layaway! :evilplot::kitty1:XD::3nodding: My inner twelve year old is very happy! :wiggle

I also have a tardigrade on layaway. Yeah, their dolls are all pretty cool, but the tardigrade called out to me something fierce! :3nodding: I waited about two years to finally be able to get one. :chomp:

Ryu

#37 Ryuichi Sakuma 13, Jun 13, 2021
      Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    17. The year I went to Resin Rose, back in like...2018? There was a company there called Cirque De Fantomes. They have some really bizzare and beautiful dolls. Right now on their page they have an echidna, a Japanese yokai, and a calavera. I would love to have the Calavera.

18. Ringdoll's Endless Wasteland Bride of Frankenstein Eva

with stiches and removable child

19. @phanuel: I always wondered that too. I wonder how many sold them after purchase because of that.

Dollzone are selling some new sun (flat chest) and moon (curvy chest) bust stands that you can use for floating heads.