1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Most expensive doll in your collection

Mar 18, 2022

1. If we're counting extra hands and feet, I'm at $1161 for my SD Lieselotte. She's by far the most I've ever spent on a doll but she's my dream come true and I'm honestly not sure any other doll could top her. I didn't expect to ever win one or be willing to pay aftermarket prices, so I consider myself very lucky. I still hesitated to order her even at her direct from Volks price, but I'm so glad I did. She was worth it.

2. It's a very very tight race between three (out of four) dolls: one Maskcat fullset, one IOS secondhand fullset and one Argodoll-Maskcat hybrid.

The factor that might tip it off would be the humongous taxes that I had to pay on my IOS, but somehow escaped with the others.:lol:

But if you count price of the doll itself (without clothes), the hybrid is the priciest.

At the moment excluding taxes, the Maskcat fullset is the most I ever spent on a doll in one go.

#22 lyaam12, Mar 19, 2022
      Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
    3. Hmmm... It would be Daisy Bacon, my 80cm Lusion Daish from Dollmore:
      [​IMG]

I have other dolls, including a limited, that would (probably) SELL for more but I'm not selling and they weren't as expensive when I bought them.

Teddy

4. Without speaking of customisation, it's my 5th Motif Venitu (bought second hand). I surely overpaid him, and I won't pay as much again for a doll.

[​IMG]

(Don't mind the small Xiao Yu with him - I have seldom pictures of him alone)

5. My CuartosDolls Hecate the Huntress, Hala! I bought her through a dealer and paid a fee, so she's technically more expensive than anyone else in my collection!

[​IMG]

6. My minifee Maya designers complete edition, sleeping head with makeup too. She was my first fullset, and she is still my favorite.

7. My newly acquired second-hand SDGou Yukinojo Sawaragi full set. Love him to bits and can't wait to customise him, but god did he cost me a lot once postage and customs was added.

8. I'm actually still waiting on him currently but Dream Valley finally broke my spending record. For a Scar plus one more head and a free event doll, I think my total was around $750? Prior was my first Luts SSDF at around $650(?) including ship new.

I have many dolls that I got really great deals on (secondhand) and it's rare for me to spend over $300 on any doll. Most of my crew are secondhand.

9. My two most expensive ones are my Soom Hyperon in Bronze skin and Demiurge Dolls Mohawk in Native American skin. Both were over $1000 after postages and custom fees.

10. I’m still currently paying on my most expensive, a rap1993 Mae for $700. Just have one more payment next month.

11. I think it would be my peakswoods. I got the full set.

I bought extra stuff for her a few months later, so with her actual cost as a full set and the extra stuff I bought months later from different brands. She would probably be the most expensive.

Then there is my idealian doll. I got him with a face up and some add ons. Then had some outfits for him already bought. The eyes, wigs, and other stuff came later, so he would probably also be one of my most expensive dolls.

Both were on layaway and took a long time for me to finally receive the items.

#31 Forever We Are Young, Mar 19, 2022
      Last edited: Mar 19, 2022
    12. I try to keep the cost of my dolls down since I don’t like spending a huge amount. I think the most I’ve paid for a doll was $595 for a Dream Valley Gloria fullset that I’m still waiting on. I think after that is my Impldoll Gia, she’s my only SD size doll. I don’t remember how much she cost with shipping as my husband bought her and eventually she moved in with my collection. XD

13. My Racoon Doll Elf Erika is currently my most expensive. With company boots, and buying her a wig and eyes she was about $450. The most expensive order I've ever made was to Dream Valley for a Howard II head, the male 3-armed body (both in grey to be 1 doll) and their Lunar New Year event pet. Total that was over $600. Currently waiting on that order, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

14. I have had expensive dolls and that was quite uncomfortable for me, but it was mainly costly due to the size, extras and such. Now I have thinned my group so right now it's a clear leader with $800 Plus shipping for this one but he is a rare color for his sculpt.
      [​IMG]The Twins 2021 by Marie, on Flickr
      Harrison my #2 Irrealdoll Nur. I bought from a girl in Mexico and he arrived quite quickly.

15. It would be Cecelia, my Everpurple Iris/Loongsoul hybrid. Between the head and the body, she was over $500, and that's generally my limit.

16. My most expensive was my Luts Senior65 Delf Storm, Ruler of the Forest. He was limited and I bought the fullset because it was the most amazing doll in it’s entirety I’d ever seen. I absolutely adore him! He also has deer hooves which you can’t see in this photo…but I love that I never have to buy him shoes!;)

[​IMG]

17. I plan on getting a Roze Heln (2000+), but for now my most expensive doll is a Chitose from Smartdoll! (1500)

18. He is so pretty. I normally don't like elves shaped ears, but his is nice. His ears look like leaves.

19. I have a few who were in the $1500 range when all was said and done... But a doll has to be something really, really special to get me to shell out that kind of money. The majority of my crew were far less pricey than that.

Who would cost the most to replace if I had to? That would probably be Ifri (my Volks Lady Oscar), by quite a lot. I was lucky enough to get her from Volks at the original retail price (about $1300). The few I've seen for sale since then went for around twice that. o_O