1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Most expensive doll in your collection

Mar 18, 2022

1. Like someone else in the thread, my most expensive doll is a Dream Valley Scar, now named Varjak. He was my first (and only!) doll larger than an MSD and the only doll I've ever bought a full-set for. In total, he was about $800.
      [​IMG]
      (The wig and the sword in the pic were bought separately)

2. Waiting for him to arrive but a full set Cryan Ringdoll. Cost 800+ USD. So 1200 AUD with shipping and insurance.

3. full-set feeple60 Lucywen. After tax and all $1,049.91

4. I think my most expensive was my Volks SDM Momo at $462, followed by SDC Mina at $450. The most expensive doll I currently own is my Comibaby Doll Cutie Yori Fullset, Beatrice who clocks in at $440.

I'm not really comfortable going any higher than that, honestly. Once prices start to get into the $500 range, I chicken out. That being said, I have a much easier time buying two dolls for $250 than one doll at $500. :sweat

5. I only have yosd or smaller and the most expensive is Lati Yellow Hana, limited Kinderlati. She is my only full set.

#45 NineOneThree, Mar 19, 2022
      Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    6. All in - my Sandor Clegane doll was about $1100. I think that Beric Dondarrion will be about the same when all is said and done.

7. I don't have the doll in my hands yet, but my Dream Valley Sylves Dragon with the full set in grey skin is my most expensive doll. It was almost 1K total for it but I absolutely fell in love with the concept and had to get it! I love my dream valleys that I have so I can't wait for him to actually get here!

8. So far my Ringdoll Xie Lian, which I got as a fullset and is a licensed doll, so naturally a little more. I think he was about $850 after shipping and insurance, but I love him so it was worth it xD

9. I should cross-post this to BJD shame thread, lol. I feel bad about how much I spent - even though I love both dolls to bits.

Dream Valley Z7 full set and Iplehouse HID Aaliyah (on sale!) both came in at just under $1,000 each with extra hands, feet, etc.

I have the money. I can afford it. But my working class upbringing is yelling, "Shame!" in my head and ringing the church bell like a Monty Python skit. :sneaky

10. Most expensive is my Volks DDP Yayoi Idolmaster fullset (avatar). I paid $648 for her secondhand from Mandarake. It was really hard justifying her price at the time of purchase as I could get two tiny dolls, lol. She is my favorite!

11. A Fairyland centaur body for which I later bought wings and fairyline doll for. I think that hit around the $1,000 mark. Pricey but happy to have her. It was a long while before I bought another doll.

12. Back when I was younger and still living with my parents, I didn't mind dropping the $750 I spent on a Soom Chrom. I think he was the most expensive from the company... (Then there was that one time I spent $1500 on TWO Iplehouse Bliss(es) because I didn't know what skin tone I liked more... Uh, that technically counts as me buying one doll, right?). I've since sold them all. Right now my two girls cost roughly the same from the company, though Anka's face-up is way more expensive than Leonie's.

And now that I have boring adult things to spend money on like bills, car and family vacations, the notion of spending more than $500 on a doll is not something I can bring myself to entertain. I wish I could, there's a lot of beautiful SD dolls I'd love to have.

13. My most expensive is the I.O.S Gankutsuou. He was a limited anniversary sculpt from my favorite anime so I splurged and got him. His fullset cost me about $1300.

14. Volks Williams Commodore fullset for $4000...I sometimes wonder why I was willing to spend so much money on him when I could have used that to buy several dolls, but his gorgeous features are well worth it!

15. Pic?

16. Marshall…. He has a reasonably priced 70cm body but his head I made myself. So between graphics laptop, 3D printer, casting equipment, dremel, silicone, resin, sand paper, primer, sundries and sheer working hours …. I dunno how much he cost. But a lot. I also bought a sewing machine to make his clothes…:whee:

17. That just HAS to be my EID Leonard, Durga. He was nearly 1k after shipping, plus customs after that... but he was worth every penny. I spent too long looking for the perfect shell for him, and I needed him to have a darker complexion and look the part of his race and build (he's... half Japanese, half Indian, and pretty much... huge) so when I finally found him it was as if I'd been blessed. Having him with me was worth every sacrifice I had to make to save up for him

18. My most expensive was my first doll (Little Monica Sweet Little Sarubia 2019 Halloween)! She was $550 USD before shipping and I haven't regretted it for a second :)

EDIT: I was incorrect, she was $560 USD after shipping. Before shipping she was $500 USD. Oops!

#58 sleepy_gh0st, Apr 25, 2022
      Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
    19. For me, both of the Dollfie Icons I was able to get through the lotteries would be both the most expensive dolls I've purchased and the most expensive to replace, especially with CA sales tax. >_<" My Charm Doll Agent Abr-4 full set cost me about the same, but was well worth it.

20. I spent about $400 on a head and $400 on a body. That plus shipping brought me right up to the $900 mark. Woah. :nowords: