1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Most realistic dolls?

Jan 13, 2009

1. I agree that while some sculpts are definitely more realistic than others, so much depends on the face-up.

2. Is there any dolls that have smaller eyes? One of the things that puts me off the most is the large eyes so many BJDs have (unless it is more "anime-like").

3. I think there are a lot of sculpts that have more realistically proportioned eyes. I tend to go for those myself. The first doll I got attracted me because of that feature. That was Dollmore Kid Vora

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3424/3855106366_d1732e91c6.jpg

4. I like the realistic ones, too. ^^
      I have a Zaoll Muse and she's fairly alive looking, her eyes aren't too big, either. At least not for my tastes. Some dolls manage to look alive without looking realistic - the Unoas for example.

I have to agree that the EIDs from Iplehouse are the most realistic, the superhero bodies are fantastic. I also like the Dollshe Saint (:aheartbea) and Bernard sculpts a lot. And some of the supia dolls. But Sooms can be eerily lifelike, too. I'm seriously considering a Dollzone Cosmo at the moment. The promo shots of him look quite realistic and his eyes arent ridiculously sized.

I suppose it depends what age the doll is supposed to be. There are some pretty lifelike child dolls, but the convincing adults are harder to find. I'd love to see what an adult dollstown doll would look like.

5. I'm with you on that, Iple house EID Jessica is so real...one of my favorite

6. Leekeworld Mihael and Rihael if you're looking for boys. Definitely realistic with small eyes. But they're also definitely adolescents as opposed to mature and they're good-sized boys-70 cm. IIRC. I think Rihael was a limited, but you can get Mihael.

7. The Soom Super Gems appear to me to have been modeled on real live humans, and I wonder how many doll sculptors work from live models. Lume's Saiph, although an elf, has a wonderfully human little face.

8. Not to repeat the dolls others already mentioned, I add Bishonen house's dolls.

9. Im in love with the dolls from I-Doll!
      Im waiting for Arnoah and when I am rich enough i will probobly get the other ones to. Their bodys are so beautiful to
      hhttp://www.bjdcollectasy.com/i-doll-studio/i-dollstudio-new-year-sale.html

10. To me what makes a doll realistic is "small" eyes and the nose. I find many dolls noses too just be.. Sharp and perky? :?

11. I love Dollstown heads and bodies, they are very artistically molded but still retain the large eyes and more pointed noses...for me they are a perfect blend of everything that a BJD should be.

Ellen

12. I created a Unidoll Real Rio head and a DIM Love Boy body. This turned out to be a great hybrid. The resins are not an exact match (the body is a little more white. Perhaps a blushing would make it a perfect match).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. i'd go with Dollshe and IH heads... but their bodies not so real in my opinion... im not a fan of IH bodies.
      Awesome realistic heads YES! But unidoll takes it all... super realistic humanish by far then any other... (in my opinion)

14. That's a tough one, as different people will have different opinions on the matter, but I would say:
      SpiritDoll's bodies
      Iplehouse's EID and SID bodies
      Dollstown bodies are also quite realistic.

Maybe some others can add to this. :)

15. I'd say for sure the Iplehouse dolls, Limhwa bodies seem pretty realistic to me and the Supia female bodies remind me of a dancer I used to know.

16. WEll it depends, because some people just think 'realistic' bodies are the ones with veiny muscles :P
      Iplehouse EID's have really realistic bodies
      Luts' SSDF bodies are really... muscly and defined :P
      Dollmore's model dolls are really realistic, if you're looking for a model-like body, and their Glamour Model Doll bodies are very muscly
      Cerebrus Project bodies are realistic, especially the knees!! OMGSH when they bend they look so real! I look at human's legs and think of how they look like delfs XD. Delfs look like children's bodies, and their minifee bodies can be really muscly too XD

17. I would say it probably depends on whether or not you're looking for a "mature" or a more "muscle-y" body or not...

I've seen a few dolls that look like they're straining their necks all the time, especially if you turn their heads. Personally I'm not a fan of bulging veins because if they're sitting or lying down it looks add, and I've also found that I dislike dolls with DDD cup-sizes, because breasts just can't stay that perky all the time.

If you're considering purchasing you also might want to consider how much you pose them and how flexible they need to be. There are certain models I can think of that look great sitting or standing on their own and are more realistic in the sense that you forget about the string running through their joints, but as soon as you have them kneeling or raising their arms, they look a lot more like several resin pieces strung together. Then there are other models I've seen with more flexible bodies and more joints that look a little clunky standing naked because their joints look so..rounded or sculpted to transition more gracefully, but when they are doing odd poses like holding their hands up or proposing or whatever, they look more realistic because their joints transition more gracefully.

Personally, I think that the knee joints on my Volks SD13 girl are gorgeous, because they don't just look like ball attachments, they're very carved, and the collar bones are sculpted nicely so if you tilt the head various ways, it still looks realistic. Mostly I practice doing face-ups and making clothes, so I prefer the way the torso transitions and the knee caps transition over the more rounder knee joints.

I have a floating Ipplehouse Sylvia head, which is an absolutely gorgeous sculpt, but I have suspicions that once the head were joined onto a neck, her head movements might not be as accommodating as my Volks SD13 girl, just because it seems a little more flat (or smaller) toward the back. I would need to see a complete Ipplehouse doll before I could really judge. That being said, the Volks dolls all tend to have heads that are slightly on the larger side, judging from the wig sizes I have tried from other companies, and seeing Volks wigs on friends' dolls by other manufacturers.

As for the younger-aged models, I don't know off the top of my head. DIM comes to mind as having realistic (smaller, less stylized) eye sockets, although I haven't had a chance to see one in person.

18. Not much action on this thread of late but thought I would add a comment.
      For realistic head and bodies, I like Iplehouse & Granado doll - nuevo body and male 64cm body. Some of the heads and bodies of Limhwa and Supia doll. I also like the Dreaming doll female 58cm body which has nice wide shoulders so the Iplehouse girls fit nicely on that body.
      I wish their were more companies that offered the realistic doll and maybe since Granado in China is making them, we will see more Chinese companies offering a realistic doll.