1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Moxie girls and Liv doll clothing and wigs for tiny's?

Sep 20, 2009

1. I totally agree with the quality of the Liv wigs. They're very soft in quality,but you can see some stitching. If you have a doll to fit it,then it's definetely worth the $5.

Idk about Moxie girl stuff tho. I didn't even know that they wore wigs. As a thought tho,I think any Liv stuff looks better quality than any of the Moxie stuff,but that's just from me looking at the boxes side by side in the store.

So Liv wigs are 5/6? Darn,oh so close to getting Ciel a new wig. Epic failure on my part. I don't regret it tho.

2. I bought a Liv doll recently out of curiosity. So here's a review for anyone who's thinking of buying one:

The wigs are very nice- you just can't beat the price. Like others have mentioned, you need to cut out the plastic attachment (with the small spikes). However, they are bulkier and more awkward than BJD wigs, so they're not a perfect substitute. But because of the low price, you can buy one just to see whether you like them.

As for the clothes, I would not personally recommend them, especially the fashion packs. They are inexpensive, but the quality does not make up for it. The second edition dolls (with pets) seem to have nicer clothes, though. I would still say that Moxie clothes are of higher quality.

3. Not a tiny, but the Liv wigs fit my Bobobie Lan perfectly. The hair is sewn to a silicon cap, so I don't even need the wig cap for her. At 5.99 a wig, it gives me a lot of options for changing up her look. Haven't tried the clothes since she's a lot taller than the Liv dolls (which, by the way, seem to be a commercial attempt at a BJD).

4. The eyes also can be cut out. I saw one of my contacts on Flickr use them for a smaller eye socketed Lati. Here is a pic of my pukifee in a Liv wig
      [​IMG]

5. I actually have my PKF wearing a Liv wig right now. The only bad thing about it is that the plastic cup shows and you have to position the hair along the cup to cover the plastic.

I took a sweatshirt and some socks out of a Moxie girl set and tried it on my PKF. The sleeves are the teensiest bit long, and the sweatshirt closes with velcro in the back but it won't work well over a pair of pants or a skirt. A little tight. The socks are long enough to look like tights on a PKF. They go all the way up to the top of the leg.

6. Yes Liv wigs fit and I got Moxie girlz Sophinna dress, the angel looking one for my pukifee and it fits! here is the link to my picture: http://www.flickr.com/photos/42584670@N08/5015381910/
      I was walking by Barbie section, I bet some of the dresses could fit her too, but I bet somebody already tried it, since I thought I was so clever to find the wig size just to come here and find few posts about them already :)
      Now I want to figure out how to change the color of the wigs to pink or purple. :)

7. Has anyone try the Liv stuff on there 5star Tong Tong yet. I'v got a pink wig for Rini and l thinking of getting some of there clothes for her as well that's if they fit.

8. I recently got a pukifee and until I get some time to make something for her myself, I wanted to get her some clothes!

On a whim, (before I researched them) I picked up one of the liv wigs and a moxie girls set of clothing.

The liv wig has a nice soft feeling to it and fit my pukifee's head perfectly. (Of course I had to nip the nub!) It's a LOT of hair though! (Personally, I kinda like that look)

The moxie girl set I picked up was a half win/ half disappointment. The pants fit really well in the waist, and she can sit stand, kneel pose in them. But, they're really long. The shirt in the set is long enough to be a dress for her, but it's too tight and leaves a butt crack in the back when I fasten it, and I'm not sure I could let it out. :( But, I could still use it for front on pictures.

Hope this helps!