1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

MSD vs. Others?

Dec 13, 2007

?
  1. Yes, I like MSD the most

2. No, I like bigger dolls more

3. No I like smaller dolls more

4. I don't really notice that kind of difference. I find them the same.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. I didn't vote because I really am attracted to all of the sizes. I do notice the difference though, and I like them in different ways. But my MSDs are all definately children or very young teenagers. I don't like "mature" minis for me.

2. I've never had a larger doll, but I have held them and I decided that the size just wasn't for me. They're beautiful and maybe if I had more room to show my dolls, I'd have one, but as it is, I'm short on space, so minis and tinies are perfect for me.

Plus, I love how cuddly they are!

3. I like MSD size cause there is enough weight when carrying them around to feel like I'm carrying something and they are not HUGE or super expensive. Tinies I feel like I'm going to break them or they get lost or some other sad thing cause they are smaller. SD and larger, huge, heavy, lunky, and just akward for a doll in my view. Now there are 3 large dolls on my list, but they are rare exception. Two of them being I need them that size to do the costumes easiest. But MSD size is right for me and is what I look for on new websites.:)

4. I like MSD about equal to SD. I like that they're a nice size that's not too big but I can't get over my love for SD ^^; That being said I have a few Mini's on my wishlist XD

5. I love the larger dolls.
      So much more fun to make clothing for.
      They are a bit heavy to walk around with but people won't easily overlook them.

6. I'm waiting for my first doll to come now he is a 1/4 DZ Hid. I would have to say I like Minis better, they don't take up much room, its easier to find props and furniture for them ( I just saw the cutest bed in A.C. Moore the other day perfect!!!). They are lighter I have handled a Hound and omgoodness he was heavy, And he was very fussy with posing but the stringing in his arms was tight.
      But I like MSDs more I'm already plotting on getting a few more sometime in the future.

7. I'm waiting for my 1st doll...Dz Hid. I've never handeled any bjd before, but I'm small so I think msd would be just the right size for me. SD would probably eat me...:...(

8. I only have one SD (CH Choa) and two MSDs (one a DIM Elena and one I can't mention here:) ). I have a Hana Angel on the way, but I've never had one before so I can't say whether I will like that size better. I can say that I tend to prefer the MSD dolls.

To me, the MSDs are easier to play with, less expensive & easier to dress. I love my Choa, but she is so big that I mainly just display her.

9. I prefer MSDs over SDs. My friend has an SD doll, and even though he's quite small, he's definitely heavier than my boy and he takes up a lot of space. They're just.. too large. :sweat MSDs is the perfect size, really.

10. I like the size of the MSDs but the design isn't as great as SDCs (my preference). My largest doll is a a SD16 Garnet so amongst my Minis, she looks super huge. I don't mind that difference though.

11. I really love minis. They are so portable yet still big enough to cuddle. And I love the SDC body, it is so poseable but since it is small it is still manageable! :D

But, I have mostly SD's. -- how did that happen? Unfortunately, I am picky about the relative sizes of my dolls. And since I couldn't find minis that fit a couple of my younger characters, my SD's are in the 12-16 age range so that kind of limits me to younger characters for my minis. And I find younger dolls harder to develop characters for, so I have fewer.

12. I like both--they each have their own advantages. MSD sized dolls tend to be less expensive, lighter weight and easier to carry, and take up less space. It can also be easier to find props for them as well.

SD sized dolls have a great presence to them, I guess. They feel nice to hold and cuddle. However, they're heavier to lug around and take up a lot more room which can be an issue when traveling to a meetup or convention.

My doll purchases are pretty much decided by sculpt. I had originally just planned to stick either entirely or mostly with minis, but the sculpts that looked the most like my characters were SD. So now I have a lot more big dolls. However, I would still like to end up with some more minis to balance out my doll population, and there are so many adorable mini sculpts out these days.

13. I have very small hands, so I prefer minis because I can hold them more easily. SD size is just too heavy for me! Minis are just the right size for me to hold and cuddle, and my tiny fingers have no problem making the tiny clothing for them. It is also way easier to find stuff for them in non-ABJD stores (i.e. craft stores, toy stores, etc.) and I can take my boy pretty much anywhere in my tote bag and carry him around all day without getting tired. So mini all the way ^_^

14. I haven't necessarily seen any other type of doll in person, but my first and only doll is an MSD. To me she's the perfect size, easy to carry, not awkward at all... Her faceup was a little difficult because it was my first one, and also because it was the smallest paint job I've ever done, but it wasn't impossible. =3