1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

MsDoll No. 1 Drayton and Drayton 2nd Discussion

Jun 21, 2007

1. I made comparison pictures between Drayton 2 and the new MS#5 Drayton special (both in NS). Drayton 2 is sold out but #5 is available at ndoll.net.

I hope they can be useful to someone. ^^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The mouth and jawline are very slightly different, but it's hard to tell in pictures. It's practically the same sculpt. The eyes and nose are the same. The #5 face seems longer, slightly more masculine. The main difference is at the neck joint area: the one on the drayton2 is deeper and less "round".
      Also, the back shape of the head is different.
      (sorry it's hard to explain well in english for me ^^; )

2. ndoll site has the Sleeping Drayton as sold out but I don't know whether thats just because its not for sale yet....

I hope its not for sale yet...really really want!

3. I just got word from my friend who has my Drayton at the moment. (Sleeping butterfly ver.) that he actually matches very well with a Little Monica body and that the proportions are really good as well.

4. "Devil Drayton" is now up for sale on the ndoll.com site and also on Y!J by ndoll.

Looks like a Drayton 2nd with demonic ears and vamp teeth :)

5. Will the sleeping butterfly version be put back in stock?

6. Is this where we're supposed to now discuss the new Drayton bod?
      I like the bod OK (apart from the undiscussable issue) but I would like it better if I could find me a Drayton 1st head to put on it. I presume Devil Drayton is a Drayton 2d with ears? Can someone who has a Drayton 2nd confirm that?

7. it looks like it to me(i have three:sweat). to me the features on the first drayton are much sharper especially in the chin and nose.

i like the body and i put my order for one in this morning. it looks to be double jointed in the elbows.

8. Yeah I agree, it looks like a drayton 2nd to me.
      I'm hoping to get a body by the end of the order period *saves like crazy*
      He has one hell of a waist to hip ratio, should fit into some of my girls' pants :O

9. I've been wondering about clothes too! He is pretty 'hippy' and so far it looks like anything from Dollmore will be too tight. Senior Delf clothes look like they might work going by the measurements but it'll still be a atruggle to get pants over those hips.

I'm afraid I put in an order for him too, devil head and body. I want to get his eyes opened though and am hoping to find a modder willing to do it soon. He has no eye wells at all so it'll be a bit trickier than normal.

10. i modded the eyes on one of my draytons. he has eye wells but they are very thick. sanding them down took the most time:sweat. but at least you'll have something to start with if you decide to give it a go.

11. Good to know he has SOME eyewells! I just want his eyes open a tiny bit.

12. i just received my body and demon head this morning. it is beautiful.
      if anyone is interested i would be happy to post pictures later. either tonight or this weekend when i get a chance.

13. i love the mouth <3

14. amubelu: I've love to see pics! :) I'd love to know what clothes you have about fit it too if that's possible?
      I ordered the body the other day, it's shipping on Monday, so I can't wait! :D

15. after receiving him i had worried a bit about clothes fitting as well. the first thing i had him try was a pair of pants from hitasura that were sized for volk's sd13 and they fit like a charm with a little room to spare. i have a few other pairs that i'm going to compare with later. and have a pair of v jeans as well as some pants from Rraphael but so far no worries in the lower half.

my main worry was the shoulder area. in the original photos he looked broad and in person he's very broad. from shoulder socket to shoulder socket(not including the actual ball joint or arm he's about 12.5cm where as supposedly a volk's sd17 is 10.8 (or so says the information in dolly bird issue 11. i didn't have one to really compare to so it could be off by a few mm). he fits a volk's top well but to be honest i'm not sure if it's for a sd13 or sd17. i make mohair sweaters based off my elfdoll wu and they fit fine but a little short but i'm guessing that it maybe some lifting from the shoulder area.
      since the body is for a drayton2 head that i've had for some time now i'm in the process of modding the shoulders now but just by a little( i couldn't wait:lol:). i took photos before getting my hands on him with some sand paper. if the body was for another one of my heads (even if it was one of my other draytons) i would have totally leave the body as it is. it is really lovely. i couldn't be happier with it.

when i have time, later this evening i'll post my photos for you

16. Sounds like his shoulders are closer to the taller guys in my crew - the super gems and feeple. In fact, it seems his shoulder, waist and hip measurements are pretty much the same as my husband's Feeple Cali! :O At least that means there's tops around to fit in till I make him something.

Thanks for that! :)

17. I got my body today and I'm really impressed with how well it poses, especially how the elbow joints click into place, and how I can get him to curl up and stay that way.

As for clothes fitting the only thing I've tried on him is this souldoll suit: http://souldoll.com/shop/step1.php?number=1739

The pants fit, but you wouldn't want him to be any bigger. The pants snap pops open once he sits down, I'm thinking of moving the snap over though and seeing if that fixes it. The shirt and jacket are a little short in the arms, they'll ride up and show the wrist joints if you bend the arms too much. You also have to take his hands off to get him in the jacket, and his wrists are too big for the shirt cuffs to button up, but they were already tight on my CP boy, so I think that they just make the shirt small like that. Everything else about it fits though.

Comparing him to all the other dolls about the house, its almost as if they'd taken the upper torso of a 70cm body and put it on a 60cm body. His shoulders are the same width as Feeple girls and Super Gem boys,and his arms are as long too. When he stands with his arms straight, they are way too long and go down to his lower thigh when they should sit higher. My boy sits most of the time so this doesn't really bother me, but it was something I found interesting.
      I haven't had a chance to try him in other clothes (mainly because he's wearing the one outfit he's meant to wear, and it took me so long to get him in that jacket I'm not in a hurry to take him out of XD), but I think he'll fit into tops made for 70cm dolls like model doll and SD17 rather well, especially in the shoulders and arms.

18. W00T! Since they are going back on sale I thought I would bump up one of the discussion threads > w<

I cannot beleive there are not more people who know about these heads!!! I even still cannot beleive I did not see them before *fell in love at first sight*

Anyway~ I'm getting mister second and I cannot wait =D

Still cannot beleive my luck since they are being re-released xD

19. Congrats on getting one Chibi_Fluffy, you won't regret it. He's an amazingly gorgeous sculpt!