1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

MsDoll No. 1 Drayton and Drayton 2nd Discussion

Jun 21, 2007

1. Thank you! Its still not done though... I sure hope they are not limited in any way that could make me not get one xP

I cannot wait to see it for myself =D
      The pictures around here are so~ pretty!! *I love yours*

2. I'm sorry if this has already been posted here, but I couldn't find anything like this in the whole doa; I don't know if it's me or it's just a question that nobody asked before...:sweat so...
      Tomorrow I will place my order for a MSdoll drayton, recently re-relased from Ndoll site (yay! :D) after a long time. I'm aware that it's the Drayton 2nd edition the head I'm going to receive, but I read that there are some differences between the first one and the second one. I would like to see a comparison between the two heads...it would be great!
      Thank you!^___^

3. I don't have a comparison pic since we only have the first Drayton here. I remember there being a notice up when MSDoll released Drayton second saying he was "cuter" than the first Drayton. The only major difference I see between them is that the first Drayton has a nose that curves out a bit more like a ski jump and his nose has a sharper tip. The second Drayton has a straighter nose with a rounder tip.

4. As I see it, 2nd drayton is sure cuter than 1st. 1st has a bit sharper expression. Here you can see blank drayton 1st and he looks like he's frowning, even while being blank. While 2nd drayton, here, has absolutely smooth forehead and overal sweeter expression.

5. I have both of them and yes, they are different. The #1 has a longer face, more pointed chin and nose, different forehead. The back shape of the head is rounder on the #2.
      As said before, the #2's general shape is rounder and cuter.
      Drayton is one of my favorite sculpts, I totally adore the 2 versions of him. ^^ The #1 has never been re-released and is hard to find now.

6. Thank you very much to everyone :)

7. bumping this up!

I would like to know what bodies you chose for your drayton mold - i'd love to get one, and I was thinking of getting the Ariadoll 16yrs boy body, but frankly, i'm not sure neither of proportions, nor of the resin match.

any ideas or other options?

thanks ♥

8. I have the MSdoll gay body which I really like, I've talked to Soo from MSdoll about it and she said you can order it any time from her.

9. We have a Drayton head (on an SD13 body) and an Aria16 boy body. I think they would work together, the head might be a tough darker but not a bad match. I can give a better answer once I get home and take a look.

10. are there any photos of it or info on the cost? i've looked for it and couldn't find it, and MsDoll's website seems a bit empty .____.

oooh, i'd be SO grateful for the pictures, if it's not a problem for you <3

11. The MsDoll Gay body information and photos are here.
      The price was a few $ below $400 including a head.

I really like how the MsDoll body looks, but its lack of poseability, compared to many other SD bodies, makes me search for another body for Drayton. Would be great if MsDoll release an upgraded body.

If anybody post MsDoll head + non-MsDoll body, it would be appreciated.

kawaii_mon, what email have you used to contact MsDoll?
      I tried PMed her here, but she hasn't been on DoA for ages, and I got no luck with emailing as well.

12. I PM'd her on DoA about it, it was a few months ago however.
      I find the body quite poseable, it has excellent jointing imo. It comes quite tightly strung so loosening it up can help, but I've found that even with tight stringing it's one of the better posers in my doll crew.

Another thing to look at is Little Monica, they're cast from the same resin so they're a perfect match, and to me the current boy body looks exactly the same as the Msdoll body - maybe she let them sell it?

13. Thanks, kawaii_mon. The information about the Little Monica body match is great. There is a slight difference in the bodies&#8217; proportions, but it seems not to be an issue:

MsDoll Gay body
      Height included head; 59cm
      Neck cir; 10 cm
      Shoulder width; 15 cm
      Waist cir; 19,5 cm
      Hips cir; 27 cm
      Lenth from shoulder to wrist; 18,5 cm
      Length of legs; 30 cm
      Foot size; 8 cm

The Little Monica body (type A)
      Height : about 62cm
      Length of the lower part of the body : about 35cm
      Neck circumference : about 10.4cm
      Shoulder width : about 14cm
      Arm length : about 24.5cm
      Bust circumference : about 26cm
      Waist circumference : about 19.7cm
      Hips circumference : about 25.5cm
      Thigh circumference : about 15cm
      foot length : about 7.8cm

What I mind in the MsDoll body case is that the torso is only 2-part one and the thigh joint only rotates not bends. I could go only with one of them, but with this combination the poseability became limited for me.

The Little Monica has not these limitations:
      [​IMG]

14. Yeah to get the same effect you have to pull the thigh joint out of the leg, it can pose like that, it won't just bend easily (I doubt that one bends easily either - I don't think I've ever seen a body with a thigh joint that bends like that without having to pull the joint out?). The only difference to poseability is the three part torso.

The photos you have there are of the A body, if you have a look at the B body that's the one I was talking about being similar to the gay body. But yes, the A body is a good option if you want more torso poseability.

15. Agree, the type B body is more similar.

However I think the thigh joint is different, unfortunately :(, otherwise I’d bring MsDoll body home in a minute. I don’t own the Little Monica body, but I made a quick comparison with Luts body which I believe has similar thigh joint. The joint is meant for bending and can lock in the bent position. On the other hand, the MsDoll thigh joint seems to me not to have the bending function, even though you sure can pull it out, but is only meant for rotation. See also the first and second photo here.
      [​IMG]
      (Note: The MsDoll Gay body doesn’t belong to me and the lower photo was taken by another DoA member. I'm using it only for the comparison purpose)

16. That's fair enough. I've only ever tried the pose with pants on and it's held it fine, and honestly it's a pose I rarely do so it's not something that I take in to consideration when looking for a body. If you're wanting it to look smooth when naked then I guess the Little Monica body is what you want then.

17. I've a question about the name of this doll:
      Is MS n.1 just another name for the first version of the Drayton sculpt? (apparently my browser can't load the picture in that post :/ )

18. I have two sleeping Devil Drayton dolls. One is on the MSDoll body, the other is on a B&G (Boy & Girl) body. The Resin match is rather good (NS), and the head works well on the body as well.

19. Here's another pic of it: http://sooleedoll.com/bbs/data/mydoll/no1.jpg

I believe so. She did do a number of mods on that sculpt over time, so it could have been no.1, then drayton, then drayton 2nd, but I can't remember anymore.

20. No. 1 is the first version of Drayton. He was released before he had a name. I remember being very confused when people were calling my boy Drayton! :)