1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Muculdoll "Buu"

Jul 11, 2011

1. Oops! I just checked and found out that Blythe is off-topic. Is it off-topic to ask about clothes size? Trying to stay within the guidelines!

2. I suppose Blythe (the big one) clothes would fit Buu. Blythe dolls have a very big head, but a slim and tiny body. Lati Yellows fit into most Blythe tops (no pants, but maybe bloomers would fit) and Lati Yellows are as tall as Buu, maybe a bit less chubby.

3. You're right about the chubbiness of Buu. Lati Yellow dresses fit her, but the leggings and panties that I bought for her (Lati Yellow size) are a very tight fit indeed. I could get them on, but the leggings tend to slip down when playing with the doll. Still waiting on the tights that were ordered, hoping that they will be stretchy enough to work well for Buu.

4. Re: wig size for Buu

My Buus came with wigs which fit, and thank you for that Coco! But they are of a type which has a harder fixed character to the shape, and although I have silicone wig caps on both dolls, the wigs do not adhere to the caps and fall off very easily. Since one of the wigs is black pigtails, I decided to get another wig because I want one doll to be blonde, and they have several hats to wear, impossible with pigtails.

Because I am used to the stretchy type of wig from Monique Gold, I ordered a 5/6 size wig to try it on the Buus, but when they came I discovered that it absolutely swam on them, loads too big! So I ordered another the next size down, a 4/5. It is more in line with the Buu in size, but is too small to stay on the head, even the silicone cap doesn't hold it in place. Having tried several times to stretch it into place, I finally had to cut the edge of the cap material in 2 places at the back neck edge. The cuts are about 3/8" long and cut only the cap material, not the hair. Finally, with this extra room, I got the wig to stay on reasonably well.

It looks adorable, a little blonde Bubbles short banged bob. But I would still like to find a wig size that actually fits the head. Anyone have any suggestions about this sizing puzzle?

5. As far as Blythe clothing fitting Buu ~ Some of the tops for the full size Blythes I have fit as dresses on my Buu. Some are still much too large. So, I don't think I'd recommend buying blythe tops for Buu because it would be a hit or miss. And pants and leggings would not fit at all.

I also have found that the lati yellow pants that I have do not fit my Buu. According to my measurements, Lati Yellow is 3 1/2 inches around the waist and 4 inches around the bottom/hips. Buu is 4 inches around the waist and 4 1/2 inches around the bottom/hips. I'm thinking lati yellow tights may still fit Buu, due to the stretchy factor, but I don't have any to try. And bloomers, if they had a stretchy waist, may fit?

Regarding the wig, I think Buu needs a size 5. Maybe Coco can confirm or correct this info. I am thinking about ordering from cancan. I bought a wig from them for my Secretdoll Person and loved it. I did need to cut the length and the bangs, which were much too long, but the quality was wonderful. Here is the link to their web site, in case you want to check it out ~ http://www.cancan-jseries.net/allprods.php . Again though, I'm only guessing about the size being 5 based on the fact that the 5/6 lati wigs I have are too big.

Oh, and I wanted to share a couple new photos of my Buu.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. shershe, those pictures are adorable, the pompoms look like little balloons and make her look so charming!

I'm hoping you're right and stretchy tights might work. I've got some ordered, so I'll see shortly.

Actually, Coco told me that the wig size is 5, so you are correct. The problem is that Monique wigs don't come in that size. They do come in a straight size 4, but then only 4/5 and 5/6. I have gotten so used to buying wigs sized that way that a single size seems strange. I guess I had been assuming that all sizes of head were covered by the 2 number system, when the wig is stretchy. It seems to work with SDs and MSDs and my one YoSD.

When you get into the tinies, wigs become more problematic. I've decided that I like my Realpukis in hats on little bald heads, because wigs seem to overpower them. But the Buu size does need hair! I tried them with hats and no hair and it just looked strange. I think that the wigs that came with my Buus are size 5, but they don't want to stay on the head when you play with them.

At this point, they both look good, one blonde and one brown haired, so I suppose I'll just be satisfied. Thanks for the reference to the wig site, I had never known about that site.

7. Shershe! That's just the online store of wigs which I buy them for Buu! Coz their pictures are the same!I posted this on flickr group and hopefully this might help for those wanna get extra wigs for Buu!

8. Aaah! How funny that it's the same shop! XD

9. Maybe the online shop is one of their dealer, I didn't know they have online store, their local dosent called cancan

10. shershe, those new pics are adorable. She looks good in pink.

And Itbeeswax, I have had the same issues as you with the Monique wigs with some of my other dolls and have snipped the inside of the cap to loosen them up a bit too. Another thing I have found with Monique wigs is that the sizing varies from one wig style to another. For instance, in one style a size 4-5 might fit well on a certain doll and in another style the size 4-5 will be too tight or too loose on the same doll. Monique wigs are really good quality but it's always kind of a guess as to how the sizing of the individual styles will work.

And I'm still waiting for clothes for my Buu so when I get those I will spam her some more!

11. Yay for Buu spam! :)

12. offering a new face-up of Buu now~ ;)
      this one is painted by myself so request only 4-7 days

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

13. So pretty! I especially love the tan girl's lip color!

14. Those are great, coco! I love this little girl so much!

15. thank you shershe and Landlocked Mermaid!! :fangirl:
      just have to do another spam of Choco Buu face-up by tarlented Andreja!

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

16. I am glad to see this little wonder represented here-I recently purchased the tiny version, but am intending to fashion mine as a boy. It has been so hot and humid this summer, though, I haven't done too much face- up work-and my poor Buu has to wait in line for his turn.

17. Hello all. Just a note to let you know that the Lati yellow tights by Onionblytheland on Etsy fit the chubby little Buu body. I had less good fortune with some Lati yellow sized pants, but the tights are quite stretchy and look really good on.

18. Thank you for this information!

19. I just had to share the first photo of my newest additions, two Tiny Buu. I call them the Tiny Boxers.

[​IMG]

20. Long time no activity in this thread! Here's my Halle whom I got in a trade:

[​IMG]

She's wearing a 5-6" Jessica wig by Monique. It's very big on her and I need to trim the bangs some more, but I like it -- her hair looks very 80s to me!