1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

MUdoll Dream Project 612 - Le Petit Prince

Dec 26, 2007

1. Oh my, he's wonderful. :) I love that story, I think they did him justice.

2. he's very cute but i agree with others, i think he would have fit better as MSD sized being "petit" ;)
      his face and outfit are lovely!

and i think it would be really cool if they made the fox too, with the real big ears, desert fox, would be really cute!

3. It would be nice if they could. But that is a lot of licensee fees to be paying for each doll. Considering that they are selling the dolls at market price for SD, the profit margin is definitely less than that earned by other companies. Hence, I am not sure if there will be a lot more.
      But it is a very nice idea.:)

4. I dunno. I like that he is a SD. I like the younger look and I hope to buy him (after I see some owner pics!)

5. He looks so cute! His eyes and his outfit are instant love. I just rolled my eyes at the price. :o Fantastic concept to make him into a doll. ^^

6. I really can't wait for the owner pics. I put all my other doll plans on hold and I'm saving for him. I really hope he looks as nice in person as he does on the site.

It says that his eyes are 18 mm? I wonder about how big that would be?

7. My boy is shipping today. Wow, they are on time. Yay~~~~:D :D

I will probably get him on Monday next week...... I cannot wait.

8. Oh wow, instant love. I can't wait to see owner pictures!

Is the doll going to be limited? As a full-set, I'd imagine so. I don't think I'll be able to afford him in a short order, though I'd love to get him with either one of the outfits.

9. From what I understand the leather set is limited, but the green one is a general edition.

10. He's really cute. His name really fits him ;P

11. much as I like him, I agree....he should have been an MSD.

12. I, for one, am delighted to see a 60cm boy doll who conforms to the aesthetic usually reserved for the minis. There are very few larger boy dolls these days who aren't aimed at those collectors who want more muscle definition and more joint articulation. I think Le Petit Prince is a really spare and elegant sculpt in a genre that is becoming more and more rare, and I suspect that the only reason they are able to carry it off with financial success (and at such a great price!) is because he's based on a classic series of illustrations. A minimalist doll released these days with no iconic backstory is more likely to be met with confusion or dismissed as "rudimentary."
      I'm really looking forward to seeing owner pictures of him! :D

13. he's fabulous. the wig and costume are also well done!

14. Must admit I wish this was an msd...he's so beautiful...but too big for me... :( I love the look of him, though....they have captured all the innocence and simple beauty of the storybook character. I'm so impressed.

15. I am completely, fully, all encompassingly in love with this doll. I have been saving up for a bjd for months now and surfing the net relenetlessly deciding and undeciding the perfect first doll for myself, and just today I came across "le petite prince" and immediately knew he was the one . I read the children's story a few years ago and I thought it was absolutley delightful and now is one of my faviorte books of all time.

I must also mention that I very much agree with St. James' entry, that because he is simple that doesn't mean that he is not equally if not more beautiful than the other sculpts:

16. He's adorable :)

17. Oh, in the news they talk about other versions that may be released. I love the face-up on the basic, and I would like to see any other outfits they might release him in!

18. well said St. James, i totally agree. i was so surprised that he wasn't msd sized that it made me want him even more. not that i don't love msd sized dolls. i do, but this doll is just so unique.
      i think he's lovely. i loved the story growing up and i think they did a wonderful job recreating this character in doll form. it's been a long time since a doll has caught my attention. i'm trying my best to be good:| and ignore temptation but the husband is egging me on and has offer to help me out with him. it's very hard.
      i can't wait to see photos of him when owners receive him. he's just so pretty.

19. Mine arrived today. I will be posting pictures this weekend.

He is very well done, the face up is very similar to the one in the default photos. (except the blond eyebrows are hard to see since he is a natural skin color; but I will fix that later.)

The resin is well casted, very solid, about the same weight as my CP. I know a lot of people wants him as MSD. However, I love him as SD. He is a beautiful sculpt and the details are amazing. The curly wigs are very well done. In a way, I feel that it was because they cast him in 1/3 scale that these details were possible. (The curly wig for my tiny and msd are just a mess, since they are so hard to do at such a small scale).

For the price they are charging for this doll, it is just such a value:

1. The doll is the same quality as volks and CP
      2. The doll comes with entire outfit, eyes and wigs
      3. He has a hard carrying case (as you see in the website) with fitted foam so he is not moving at all when you put him back into the case.
      4. They are only charging $35.00 for face up right now, which is much cheaper than a lot of other companies.

Also if you order before Jan 31st, EMS shipping is free.

So highly recommended~~~~:aheartbea:aheartbea

20. I'm very tempted. I don't have the money, but I am very tempted! The problem is this outfit here: http://www.mudoll.com/board/view.php?board_name=DREAMBOARD5&choose2=&choose1=&pagenow=1&ID=4

I want it badly... But I don't know if they are going to make it limited and expensive like the Flying Night version. Or worse, if they are even going to sell it. Or even worse yet, if they are going to be so limited I don't even have a chance...