1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple dolls for one character?

Dec 13, 2009

1. I was actually just thinking about this today. I was looking at msd dolls and I found one that looked like she could be a younger version of my future doll. I didn't give the idea any more thoughts since I already have a list of dolls that I'm planning to buy :sweat

2. that is so awsome that other people do this not just me....

3. Nothing wrong with that. Just as people like multiple of the same mold, people like to have multiple dolls for the same character. I currently have 4 Snapes, 3 Lucius, all different molds. I have 3 'Voldemorts' all the same mold, but different versions of the character. It all works.

-Anneke

4. AmyAngel ~ you know i love you, right? *hugs*

:D i do have 5! and i love every one of them! (tho the first is still my favorite XD) Having 3 adult versions of him rocks because i dont have to change his clothes as often XD *lazy*

and like everyone has more or less said so far, do what you want and what makes you happy with your dolls^^

5. I don't see anything wrong with it; it's an interesting concept.

6. that is so awsome 5 versions for one character.... how cool

7. i like it :3
      and if Dollmore releases more Kara Klum versions in the future, i'll probably have more =_=

as it is i keep eying the WS Thinking one that is still available...

8. wow i also want to add more to be the same character.... that wil be awsome... you dont have to change there clothes that often haha

9. I don't think it's weird either. I've considered getting a JID to be a "travel size" version of my EID, just 'cause the EID is such a pain to lug around.

10. I don't see any issues with having multiple dolls representing a character. I've pondered getting the child version of my SD girl since that's what she was when I first made her. If I had the money and there were moulds that suited more of my characters, I'd probably do that for atleast one of them.

11. *raises hand* I have two versions of my very first doll - one is her sassy adult version, the other is her shy child version. I find it helps me develop their characters and track the changes from childhood to adulthood. :)

12. wow so many people not just me

13. I have two versions of my werewolf, King. I have his 5 year old self and his adult self. I want to do the same with my vampire, Mike. Fairyland just released a Littlefee Shiwoo first and not the El!

14. I also have two versions of the same character--one of Hikaru when he's 15 years old, and another as his 24-year old self, and I'm happy to have them both. :)

15. I have no fewer than five versions of my 'Tigerbaby' character:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/tigerbaby/4157401072/sizes/o/
      ...and a sixth (LittleFee 'Big' PukiSha) on my worktable, half 'Tibbified'. I also have two dolls that represent Tigerbaby in his 'human' secret identity, and am working on a 'Tibbified' version of the 60cm one, using his extra 'event' hed.

...obsessed? who, me? nah...
      welllll...maybe a little. But I find it really rewarding and interesting, to keep the same core character and explore various embodiments; by keeping a known set of variables consistent, it gives me a freer rein to experiment with skills and techniques. When I do 'normal' faceups, I put down my brushes and look around puzzled...'that's it?'

Having multiple dolls to represent the same character also opens up potentially interesting storylines and concepts for photoshoots, if that is your 'thang'. I love it in manga when the artist uses a 'chibi' representation to express strong emotions or for comic relief - when it's done well, it's so visually striking!

Would Doctor Who be the same if they'd never had any other Doctor than William Hartnell? I think not.

Don't worry about whether someone would say it's 'wrong' - they are your dolls, and you should do with them what you find most interesting and rewarding.

16. Oh yea. I think that is totaly normal! My character Metal will have 2 dolls, one being her female self, the other being her male self (she can switch genders at will<3) And I will probably have them interact with eachother, as inner conflict. Also after I get all my OC dolls I want to get Severus Snape from harry potter, I want to get a Leeke Kyou for a younger Snape, and a Unidoll Jace for an older Snape

17. it is interesting when you have more than one doll to be one character you can have different faceups and different clothing on each doll because in the end its still the same character

18. If had the money to, I would buy another head and body for my boy when he goes into his "homicidal rampage mode." Then he could have different physical features (bulging viens, different faceup, etc...). I think it's completely normal :)

19. It is a fun excuse to get yourself a few tinies. Sometimes the rationale behind getting another doll can be quite inventive!

20. I dont have a need for it myself with my family but i dont think it is weird at all.. i actually think it is a pretty neat idea.