1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple dolls for one character?

Dec 13, 2009

1. I think it's fine if you have the money for it. If your character's storyline had the character going back/forward and meeting themselves.

2. No, I don' think there is anything wrong with that. Your expanding on her story which is cool.

3. yeah even tho they are the same person they do intereact because they have changed a little

4. Like everyone else I agree. It's your hobby, so do with it what you will. ^__^
      I personally have 5 of the same character. ^_^;;

5. Whatever suits you XD I only have different faceplates for my tinies, but I'd love to get a dreaming/sleeping head for two of my boys...

6. I was planing on doing that once...For my soom amber boy...But soom has yet to release a tiny that has goat ears....yet...

I think it would be cute to have a child version and an older version...but i dont got the money...

7. I have only one doll currently and someday I hope to upgrade but make the same doll better... if that makes sense.

But I think that would be awesome to have the doll in different stages of life. Wow, *muses* that would be interesting to see the evolution of the character that way!

8. Whatever floats your boat. If that makes you happy then its pretty darn cool. :)

9. I don't myself and probably won't (not that I'm ruling it out entirely, though xD), but a friend and I are doing something similar.

She lives in Australia and I live in the United States. We have dolls that are married in our role-playing game and they have a child together. She has a "toddler" version of their son and I'll be getting a "tweenaged" version of their son. (So each parent will have a version of their child, at least. xD) We're planning on funny photoshoots when we get the family together in September. ;)

10. I think thats a really neat concept - I hadn't considered doing anything like that. Props for neat idea-ry!

11. That's an interesting idea. I don't personally have something like this, but I think it's be cool to have two dolls, with one being the inner persona.

12. I have four dolls to representate 2 different timephases of 2 characters represented by these dolls.
      Nothing wrong on it.
      I just have to be careful to not mix up two dolls correspondent to the characters in different timephases, or it may look odd and time-paradoxal, but that's just in my head although.

13. Don't see anything wrong with it, as a matter of fact, I'm considering eventually creating a teenage version of my Anna (Soom Meisa). So, if anyone has any thoughts on which sculpt in the 45-50cm range would work as a younger version of Meisa - I'm open to suggestions! :)

14. Well I have a character with multiple personalities and I want a doll to represent most of his personalities ('cause I love them so much and there needs to be introspective photoshoots).

I would consider getting 'chibi/child' versions of some of my characters, if I found a little doll that suited them and I had the money, but I don't know If that would work for me or not. Maybe I'll find out some day.

I don't have any plans to but it is a possibility I may 'age-up' a doll. But I might be so attached to the original I don't want to sell them. So again, I guess I'll see...

15. I have 4 Alice/Alyce dolls, although three are off topic for this forum.

But I have plans in the future to get at least two more Alice/Alyce bjds. One as her Queen of Heart's form and one as Alice. I'm also tempted to do her child, also named Alice/Alyce (I haven't decided on spelling for the child yet), who is really Alyce (very long story). And then there is the fact that I want to get the Queen of Heart's that Alyce fights in my story, who is really Alyce's mother/Alice (like I said, long story involving circular time) and you've got not only another Alice/Alyce but another Queen.

Which means I'll end up with 5 Alice/Alyce's. At least two of which will be the exact same mold in the same skin tone. So yeah, I've got no problem with it at all.

16. I sure hope there's nothing wrong with it! I've got 4 dolls, and they are all both the same and different characters. XD I suppose if I ever need to downsize, it'll make it easy, the remaining dolls will just absorb the character of whomever moves out.

17. I personally don't see anything wrong with any way that anyone chooses to enjoy their dolls.

I'm the exact opposite though. I have multiple characters I plan to embody in single dolls.
      Twins for instance. I don't want to actually spend the money owning multiple dolls, if all I really need to do is change a pair of eyes, and the clothes, and maybe do a bit of photo editing.

18. It's not strange at all! I know for the storyline that I have with my roommates, we've got plans at some point to make child versions of three of ours. I'm not sure if we'll make other age versions at any point or not, but it's not something that would be completely out of the question. c:

19. I'm planning to have 2 girls who technically are the same, (well half a spirit inside them both). Not quite the same as having a character as such but, I dont think its too much of a bad thing.

20. I wish people would stop asking permission to play with their own dolls in the way they want to play with them. It makes Baby Jesus cry.