1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple dolls for one character?

Dec 13, 2009

1. I had never even considered it before, but I find it fascinating (especially since I'm a Sci Fi fan with an obsession for time travel and this would allow a lot of craziness with paradox fun). While more expensive, it does allow you to do more with your character's story.

2. Yes, I have more than one doll for a character -- child versions of the SDs, an excuse to buy MSDs and Yos! A few of my characters have more than two; for example, my Volks Megu (whose character is age 13) has a 20-year-old self (Volks SD16 Kira), a 7-year-old self (Volks MSD Yuni), and a 4-year-old self (Volks Yo-SD Megu). Due to a Spatial Anomaly under my house (so goes my storyline), they can all coexist.

3. I swear there's another thread around for this but I can't find it.

Anyway, yes I have child and adult forms of two of my dolls, and I'm planning it for another two. I have their parents as well, so I like having those two forms to play around with. That and my house is one whole time paradox with story timelines. XD

4. XD thats what i'm thinking of doing for my Damian. I've ordered his child form (Littlefee El) and planned his adult form (Senior Delf Frey), and I'm planning to own his mother (Feeple Chloe) in a while xD a friend of mine owns his father and his love interest (she has the child form, but i believe shes going to get an older form. not sure about that though).

Yay for heaps of timelines!

5. I will, eventually. 1 will have a baby form, and a pre-teen/early teen form. I already have the pre/early teen version of her. I just need to get her baby self. And another has a good and evil/shadow form. It'll be fun to have both versions of them, as they're so different from one another, which will add some serious mystery to the photostory they're from, once I have the characters all together and completed enough to go into actually DOING the photostory! Some of my others will wind up with 2 heads. 1 head for their 'younger' selves, another for their 'older' selves. That way I can do both photostory time lines I want to do (the first focuses on the characters that will have 2 ages, themselves, the second will focus on the 'next generation' group with appearances of the original story's characters, so they need 'older' heads for those times)

Assuming that whole thing made sense. ^-^

6. I have 9 dolls for one character...He exists at ages 2-4, 10, 13-15, 24-186, 187-497, 498-500 and 500 and up plus two plus two pukis that are the chibi version and the chibi ID who was kind of an accident. and I have an extra head. For me it started out more as a way to have all these dolls than wanting so many versions of one character...I had an extra head, I wanted the Pado...I got an extra Leeke D head, the WS version was released...the extra head got a body of his own...and before I knew it I had 9 dolls named Alex. And the head.

I actually think it's fabulous for character development. It makes you really think how this person was at different periods of their lives. How they've changed and grown, how they dress and what they like. I just finished giving my first one a new faceup so that he better matches all the "younger" dolls and I think they all look great together! lol the universe has probably imploded several times over here, since all of them sit on the same shelf together XDD

7. I have a couple of wigs so our LTF can dress up as child forms of two of my older characters when I want to do "The way we were" photoshoots, but I can't keep two permanent forms of my characters around. Gives me too much cognitive dissonance—I'd never know which one to play with!

8. One day I plan on having one head and two bodies. My Character Alan is actually a woman and I want him to have a male body so he can dress up in mens cloths, then a woman's body so he can have girly moments. I think that kinda counts ^,^ also when Alan is on his female body he can also play his identical twin sister... now I need to get the body.... *goes to the web and starts looking* damn you Alan...

9. I was just thinking about this. : D I have a character that I'd like to get in doll form, but it's going to take some planning... I'm currently gearing up to order his father as a MNF Boy Marcia, so it'd be weird to order another MNF or mini sized doll, but at the same time... i dunno. It would make sense to order him as a YOSD first and just make Deskri seem like he never ages. XD (Which is prolly true... I haven't put much thought into it.)

Anyways, if I were to do this, it would only be for special characters. ; w ;'' I can't afford to get little/big versions of everyone!

10. I was actually going to do this three times - one adult/child form for riven my flame elf.the child one fell through because i lost interest in the sculpt i was going to get for her. the second time was for karst (rivens sister) which i regretfully ended up selling both her adult and child forms.(the younger version im trying to get back now.)

Third time - this ones really not adult/kid versions, but rather adult forms of the same character three times,which is Raziel.

i'm forever keeping his vampire version and i dropped the idea of owning him in human and wraith forms entirely.

man this hobby is not easy on the brain i tell you....

11. I wouldn't go so far as a whole entire doll, but for what it's worth, one of my dolls has two distinctly different heads for him.

12. Am actually considering this at the moment o_o The character Floyd was entirely based on the way Koji looked, but over time the way I envision him has changed a lot... And then I saw Iplehouse Felix which seems to fit him so perfectly o_o But now I don't know what to do, haha... I though about having two dolls for the same character, but that seems a waste of money to me, because they're the exact same character (no age difference as people have described above).

13. I was toying with the idea of having a larger and a mini version of one of my OCs, simply because I thought it would be fun to have her argue with herself and that the mini one would always win, but then I decided I had too many dolls on my list already that I really shouldn't be making one into two.
      I still like the idea, though, maybe someday I'll get the space and money to get a larger doll for my OC (the one I'm originally going to get is a Minifee, for awesome posing and the fact I want her desk-sized)

14. im considering doing this since i bought an msd sized doll to be my dariel but now i cant find an msd sized doll to be his partner gaku so im considering just keeping him and getting another sd-sized form of him to be gaku's partner but ill give the sd sized on a different name!

15. I could see myself doing this for certain characters. I have some characters which grow with me and do not have their entire lives planned out. I would not have more than one doll for them as I like them to age and change as naturally as characters embodies in dolls can. :lol: However, I have another set of characters whose lives and deaths I already have written out, for the most part, in my head. For them, I could see getting two or even more dolls for different stages in their lives. There are a few I could see getting different versions of (not different ages or life stages, but versions as in parallel universe pairs); however, I have not decided if I want to do this or not.

16. I do have one character over here in two very different dolly "incarnations"...

Palrah (my favorite City of Heroes MMO toon-) exists in resin form as both a LittleFee Elf Shiwoo "chibi" version of himself and as a very "grown up" EID Akando. ^_^

17. I currently have 5 version of Voldemort. Child/1st year Tom Riddle, Teenage/6th Year Tom Riddle, Adult/sexy darklord Tom Riddle, Reborn Creepy Voldemort, Chibi Voldemort, and I still have in progress a Quirrel which will have Voldemort on the back of his head. I have 3 Lucius, and 4 Snapes, 2 Bellatrix, and that's it for doubles. I'm tempted to get MSD sized Lucius & Snape, or a Yo-sized Voldemort, but still deciding. (shrugs). I have a concept I'm happy with, and dolls I'm happy with, I don't care how many of a character I have.

18. I did ^^ For some reason my fav character got more than one doll. I have him in chibi LTF form, in SD and i want one in puki >W<
      I just love him too much~

19. I havent had one yet, but I am thinking of having an adult form and a Jr. (child) form for a character that I have it mind. It's a very interesting idea and I feel that it'd also make for an interesting project. ^^

20. I'm planning something sort of like that. I'm planning a character that's very emotional so she'll have multiple heads with the same basic faceup for one body. So I can cover everything for different photoshoots and whatnot. xD Not exactly what you're talking about but it's something similar.
      Although having a different doll for her childhood, teenagerhood, and adulthood would be neat too... expensive but neat xD