1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Muscular female dolls- who wants one?

Jul 27, 2015

1. 3. Not right now, but maybe some day.

Speaking of muscular ladies... I'd love to have my MMO character as a BJD. She's a fem roe from FFXIV and she's simply gorgeous. If I was skilled enough I'd try and make her one hahaha... XD

2. 3. Not right now, but maybe some day.

Honestly I'd just love to see more variation in body types full stop. (Including and especially a well designed curvy body though I'm aware that this is a widely discussed topic already).

3. 1! I would be 100% over the moon for more muscular ladies. And a variety of muscular ladies, too! I love the look of Iple's HID (her arms look awesome), but she's also the very familiar slim, hourglass shape. I love hourglass ladies, but I would also love to see a Zarya-from-Overwatch lady. I sincerely doubt I'll ever get a doll like that, especially in my favorite MSD size, but I think it would be a dream come true. 8'D

4. MSD is even harder to find variety for. I wonder if it has to do with height and engineering. No idea. I DO know there will be a 60cm muscular option from Miro soon if that helps!

5. I'm looking forward to Miro's version. :)

6. I'd love a muscular MSD lady for one of my OCs. I'd also really like more semi-realistic chubby ladies and dudes for other OCs, but seeing Impl's new muscular body along with other companies gives me hope for more body diversity in general.

7. I will work toward chunkier ladies after we safely have another muscular option. *L*

8. Oh I would be happy with a warrior girl's body! That would be amazing! It would also be great for realism purposes to have a chunky girl around. I think she would sell well to those of us who have different body images.

9. Option #3 for me - if I had the option, hmmm, that'd be so tempting! I'd love to see athletic female bodies; long, lean, but definitely muscular ladies. I've seen a few concepts for a beefy female sculpt but it seems that they always go to the end of the spectrum and usually minimizes curves and has wide shoulders and narrow hips. This is all good and fine, but I think it would be interesting if I could have a doll with swingin' hips and perky breasts who also has toned biceps, powerful thighs, and clearly defined obliques :drool gosh, the more I think about it, the more I want it! I might have to change my poll to option #1!

10. 4. Not personally, but I think the option should be available to all.

If I saw one in the future I would consider it, but at the moment I can't imagine basing any female characters around the body type. I'm a very firm believer that all/most body types should be available to anyone who wants it <3

11. I'm definitely a #1, in fact, I've already purchased the Impldoll body :abow: I've been waiting YEARS for a muscular woman body and I'm really excited. I hope my girl arrives soon *_* and I'd definitely will love it if more companies make bodies like that!!!
      strong women rulz!

#311 Zerkala, May 30, 2017
      Last edited: May 30, 2017
    12. Darn skippy they do! (I so wanna see your muscle girl!)

13. 3. Not right now, but maybe some day.

I don't have any plans for any female dolls right now but if I did want one, I'd be much more likely to buy a more muscular or toned girl than a more petit looking one

14. I posted a question about this before, I love muscular girls. To me it seems kind of silly that a lot of boy dolls have really realstic muscles and details, but girls are just so soft and simple! It's great to see so many people agree.

15. Would you buy a muscular female doll body?

My response is:
      "1. Yes, I want one. I need her now. Gimme. Please and thank you."

I actually already have one muscled girl "Eurydice." (I've been using stand ins of Greek mythological figures for my characters until I determine full names, so her project thread is named this.) I've been calling her Arial, like the font, as she's inspired a bit by Belisa Crepusculario, a character for whom writing and reading is very important to her story.

Arial is a SimplyDivine/Stinesculpture Harlequin on a Legend Doll 70cm boy body modded to female. Although I loved the modding process for my Arial, I'd really enjoy being able to buy a female body already muscular in the first place!

I'm in the process of putting another muscled girl together, but her parts haven't arrived yet. In this case, it's a female muscle body, so I won't have that type of modding ahead of me.

However, I kind of think the next call to action for these female muscle bodies should be poseability. Why buy a body for an obviously active character (how else do you get muscles?) without mobility joints?

I have plans for a future girl on the Impldoll muscle body, but it'll be a shame if I have to mod the doll and lose height in adding a hip and thigh mobility joints (assuming they pull through with the arm mobility joints which aren't currently an option on the website).

16. I would absolutely buy a muscular female doll, under the right conditions. The only "muscular" female dolls I've seen are basically standard bodies with abs, and usually large busts to "balance out" the abs. Same thighs, same biceps, same freaking chests as their non-muscley counterparts. Frankly, those kinds of dolls look ridiculous to me (especially the washboard abs and zero pecs combination oh my god) and I'm not here for that life.

I want a muscular female doll with bulky shoulders and traps. I want her with biceps that are defined enough to show veins and forearms which prove she wrestles bears for fun. I want thighs that could kill a man, and hands to match. I want bust options that include "flat chested" AND "maternal" and I want actual pectoral muscles. I want defined intercostals. I want broad hips with cut lines on them; and in Ideal Land there'd be an option for narrow hips too, because not all women are pear shaped. I want a doll that looks like the women I know, the women my spouse works in the shop with, but with the same "power fantasy exaggeration" that male dolls get. I don't want the only visible muscles to be her abs because anything else would detract from her femininity or make her look too butch.

I really, really want a muscular female doll who isn't designed to appeal to straight-dude visions of "fit women."

17. Understood and agreed! I like both, personally- I used to draw mainstream comic book and I am rather partial to the super hero look (not the giant kazongas, but that look) and I also like the more realistic look. For that one, you may want to look at Boypink's 60cm gal who is more bulky and looks very weight lifter-esque rather than super hero super model. As for the rest, I am hoping in time to get that variety too, and not just bot bodies modded to a female (though I will be trying that with the Idol boys- that 3rd gen body looks like a good one to try). All in good time... though I hate to wait. *L*

Thanks for your voice! Stuff like this proves to the sculptors and casters out there that there IS a market for it.

18. We need to get Rainman to make this into a BJD. Muscular girl

19. 1. Definitely! Especially an MSD, though, since I prefer the smaller dolls.