1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Musedoll Thalia & Erato Discussion Thread

Aug 21, 2006

1. Thalia and Erato are so so so beautiful!!! *0*
      and they'r outfits are soooo gorgeous! :love...I love the pink outfit!! :D

2. wow! I think I just want the pink outfit... and their legs!

Pretty impressive, though.

3. I hope this isn't off topic...but..related..(?)
      A question for Ciel head owners.. what do you think of their resin ?

:daisy

4. I like their resin- I have a reche and a ciel. The normal skin is fairly pale and hard to match though.
      The BW is a little less yellow then luts. but fairly comparable in terms of tone and opacity. Nice weight too.

5. ~*~* Thank You Fitz ~**~*~* :daisy :daisy :daisy :daisy :daisy !!

6. Any news on the pre-order time? *_*

7. These too are far to pretty to be limiteds!
      And those outfits/wigs are to die for. Anyone want to split them :'D''' ? Seriously!

8. Girl... whats that? OMG I WANT THEM BOOTS!

9. As I heard, musedoll is planning to offer an oppotunity to get the musedoll body(having Ciel's resin skin) for Ciel owners.^^

10. Omg and they have to do that right when i decided to buy a CH Girl Body for my Ciel Head >_< Oh no~ Did they already decide on a Price for the Body? I think the Body looks fantastic and those dresses are to die for :aheartbea

11. I love their outfits...
      I wonder if they will make more dolls for the series or full standard sets.
      When is the pre-order period???

Geri

12. i desperately love them ... though for some reason i like the NS version more than the BW ... and i'm a huge BW skintone fan. maybe i just love the pink outfit? but anyway, i doubt i can get the $ together for the preorder - but if that somehow happens i'd love to get one of these. the new photos are incredible.

13. I want to know too when the preorder is ... I don't think i could afford the whole doll but then i would need only the Body anyways. Maybe someone would split with me? :sweat I definitely need to find out more.

14. The description seems to indicate that there will be 9 in the series.

15. Just a heads up, the girls are now in stock at $1100 a pop. Good luck to all those of you wanting one! (I got mine ^^)

16. 9 in the series, yes (for the 9 muses) but the dolls will not be released in standard or basic versions.

At least that gives us time to plan for later editions :shudder 7 more to go! Swoon!

17. Do Erato and Thalia merit an $1100.00 price tag? I've only been collecting bjds for 18 months, so I ask this to be educated, not to start a controversy. I'm trying to put my expectations in reference to other limited bjds, but I know it is difficult to compare art. Off the bat, I will say the design concept is amazing. I love the outfits. I think they are beautifully constructed. At that price, though, I would expect couture fabrics and trims, and I'm seeing some inexpensive stuff, like the prefab chains of plastic pearls.

I think the face ups are gorgeous. The head sculpt is lovely. The body is exquisite. However, the head and body do not seem to fit together. The head looks a bit awkward on an overly long neck to me. I will admit to being new enough, that I'm also squeamish about childlike head sculpts on very adult bodies. But, I don't think it's my squeamishness at play here--I think it is a sense that the proportions are off.

I don't want to be too much the critic here, because I think the overall aesthetic is beautiful. I would have bought these dolls--at a lower price. Not for budgetary concerns, because I am at a point in my life where I can afford this, but, because of my expectations. What say you? What do you expect of a costly doll?

18. OMG They were released. Their bodies are perfect!!
      I 'm in love with Erato. I wish I had the money :D

19. Hey Kitty!

Custom House (ir)regularly sells limited, dressed dolls for that much and more, and the clothes are usually really nice looking (I've never seen one in person, so can't judge the actual quality).

I also think $1100 is quite steep, but if I were to go by what the current market is like, the elaborateness of the clothes, the faceups, and the limited-ness, I'd say it's fair. I personally stay away from buying dressed (and usually faced-up) dolls because I'd rather take the money and buy MORE dolls!!!

I do hope the rumor is true that they're going to sell the bodies to Ciel owners...I'd love to have that bod for my Ciel head.