1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

MYou 40cm Big Baby Discussion

Nov 5, 2016

1. Actually found that dress at a doll show in Chicago a couple of years ago. It was labeled as msd size however is way, way too big for any of my regular sized girls and even worse on my slim girls. On a whim I thought I would try it on Matcha and it fits perfectly!

2. I was bad and bought an in stock Matcha from Dolk a few months ago. I finally got everything together for her and thought I'd share her here. She's named Daisy. I love the pear body. It's so adorable. The Luts baby delf outfit fits her perfectly.
      [​IMG]
      Daisy
      by Stokiaci, on Flickr

3. She is very cute! I love the outfit!

4. Matcha just melts my heart and it's always so amazing to see what everyone has done with theirs. I still need to be less lazy and take more photos of mine.

5. Here is my Matcha. She is the only doll that I have not changed original eyes. They are perfect. I love the pear body best.
      I prefer the smaller feet.
      [​IMG]

6. I didn't change the eyes in mine either, they really did great with the eye choice in Matcha. <3

7. Me either! They are such gorgeous aqua eyes!

8. Most often the eyes are cheap and too big, but Myou does have nice eye choices.

9. Anyone have any boy big babies out there they can share pictures of? I'm thinking of getting one but still on the fence.

10. Here is Mousse with friends
      [​IMG]

11. I have been so bad. Sold an expensive one so went on Myou shopping spree and have a moussee on the way - in stock from JS since I am so impatient on preorders.

12. Congratulations! I love my Mousse! Mine is white skin.

13. @bajib Congratulations! I like buying from Junky Spot too. No wait time. :)

14. Hello everyone, I was just wondering if anyone had any luck finding patterns for making clothes for the BB's? I've made mine some things in the French "Bebe" style, and I'd like to stick to that look but I'm struggling to track down anything more than the few patterns I have.

15. I had a big delivery day from JunkySpot yesterday :cheer I have 3 new BB added to the family. Nianer, Mousee and Buxiaoqi. Currently working on outfits, wigs etc so they can get their pictures taken. I had hoped that some wigs I had ordered would have arrived by now, but still waiting. I don't have any "masculine or boyish" wigs to use as the 5-6 that I own are already in use. So while I've got some shorter wigs to choose from the wigs are definitely more girly :(

All 3 came on the regular Big Baby bodies and while they are nice, I much prefer the Pear shape body of my Matcha. I'm trying to "live" with the bodies for now but I have a feeling that I am going to have to replace all of them with the Pear body. I think it makes them much more toddlerish or pre-tweennish compared to the regular bodies and my kids are not meant to be more grown up (maybe like between the ages of 5-8 or 9?) I also have to do some clothing alterations for the boys to lengthen their pants (luckily the outfits that I got for them have a good 1/4 or more of fabric allowance for me to let out a bit.

Nianer and Mousee are in the normal/yellow skin tone and Buxiaoqi (how do you even pronounce that?) came in pink skin. He definitely makes the others look more yellow when he is beside them, but when he's not nearby they just look like my normal resin dolls. I do find myself liking the pink skin tone however. Nanier also came with the smaller feet and I do not care for those at all! Both Nianer and Mousee came with extra hand sets which I wasn't expecting and Buxiaoqi came with extra feet (how I wish it had been Nianer that came with the extra feet vs Buxiaoqi) All in all though I am very happy with my order. There isn't much time left for MYou's 15% off sale and I'm looking at some of their yo-sd dolls to add but waffling on which ones.

#276 Mu Shu, Mar 3, 2018
      Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    16. Great! Side by sides are the best way to compare doll, thanks.

17. @Lulu , somewhere back towards the beginning of this thread or maybe the thread about big babies, I remember reading about Sasha doll patterns. I didn't try any of them yet. I also remember reading about 16"-17" Shirley Temple patterns, which I used a nightie pattern from and it seemed to fit good. I think Chrissy patterns might have been the other one mentioned to work. I have one somewhere I used, but now I can't seem to find it to tell you exactly which size/type it was.
      My go to, though, is just old Volks MSD patterns, which I had a bunch of basic pieces from when they were available for free in the pattern sections, that I just lengthened the bodices a bit to fit. I've made a bunch of generic pieces now from those that I go back to for everything. I usually only use patterns for a base to make my own variations of. Did you see the 20's drop waist style dress I made?
      20's Child's Dropwaist dress
      [​IMG]

18. Didn't someone say they can share clothes with Disney Animator toddler dolls? There are patterns available for those on Etsy and Ebay.

19. They can share clothes with the 16" Animator dolls. Dresses are great for the girls, but if you want pants or things for boys you will need to add about an inch of length to the legs otherwise pants are way short, more like capri's (which is not what little boys want to wear!)