1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mystic Kids 1/4 Discussion

Jan 9, 2013

1. That's awesome you like the SP eyes so much! (Although, maybe not so awesome for your wallet. :XD:) I like the pair I own more than my Mystics, etc. Here's a picture in my non-MK doll. They are Real Type #6. :thumbup You can find a few more owner photos of other colors in this thread, if interested. :)

2. Just popping in because I restyled my boy Dorian at last~ he's desperately needed it for a while. I just ordered some new eyes for him, so probably I'll be back with better pictures within the week (got him some ultra-sparkly Sprouty eyes, eek! <3 ) but for now.. crappy-casual flash phone pic :p

[​IMG]

3. An update, even tho it's double posting (it's been weeks, so I think that's okay? lol).. Dorian got new eyes and he's absolutely perfect now!

[​IMG]

4. roserising, his new eyes look very pretty!

5. Thank you!! They're my new favorites.. I used to get Eyeco for all my dolls, but we're slowly going to start switching all the dolls in my household over to Sprouty Doll Eyes <3 I love them so much.

6. I just recently stumbled on MK on a search for a first bjd that would be on the lower end of the price spectrum. Fell in love with Francis! Does anyone know if it would be cheaper to by his head separate and maybe make a hybrid with another body or just to buy him whole? I'm really new to this hobby and I know I would love love love a doll ( I don't have one yet) but it's still hard to hand over that much for one. Recommendations?

7. Well, I can't tell you what to do with your money, but imo it's less expensive and stressful to buy the full doll (especially with a relatively inexpensive company like Mystic Kids), especially since matching resin colors across different companies can be tricky. For MK I would recommend checking out JunkySpot if you're in the US, they often have sales :) You can also check out this list of dolls that are under $300US for a look at other less expensive companies.

I do have to say, though, that Mystic Kids has some of the best inexpensive minis on the market right now imo (DollZone used to be quite good, but their prices have gone way up in the last few years). The resin is very nice and they pose beautifully. I can't recommend them enough. :)

8. I agree with roserising. For a beginner, it would be best to get the whole doll. And since MK dolls are priced so reasonably, it just makes sense to buy a whole doll and avoid the hassle of trying to match up the resin, or ensuring the neck sizes match so the head will fit properly on the body.

The Junky Spot just got a new shipment in and is running a 15% off sale. That's a great discount! And Emory is great to buy from.

I have a Vincent and his body is very nice and poses well.

9. I'm also going to agree with Rosering about ordering a whole doll being waaaay less of a hassle. Also the Mystic Kids body is one of my favorite bodies I've ever owned for MSD sized dolls because it's like a solid little brick that poses very well especially for the price. And the only alternatives I can think of right away for lower priced bodies are Bobobie or Resinsoul who could try to resin match as well but, I personally really love the Mystic Kids body, poses nice, has good proportions for the head, and resin matches by default!

I think it's totally cheaper (and definitely less stressful IMO) to start with the default body than hit or miss with other more pricey bodies or those that may or may not resin match, etc. and end up being put off from the hobby for it begin so frustrating right away.
      As time goes on if you begin to collect more and become less put off by some prices you may start hybridizing things and such with a body from a company you might really like.
      And then if you decide on a new body later some time, you can always sell the Mystic Kids one.
      But for me, it took owning my own to sort of grow more comfortable with the higher price tags after getting a feel for BJDs overall. (And now I'm a slave to MSD Centaurs and fantasy parts so RIP my wallet.)

TL;DR: Mystic Kids dolls are my favorite "less expensive" BJDs to be quite honest. I love their resin, it's thick, smooth without any seams, poses nicely and they're sturdy little guys.
      It's a pretty nice body IMO and I think it'd be way less of a hassle and probably cheaper to buy the whole doll body and all unless there's something else you're looking for in a body that the Mystic Kids one doesn't have or if you just dislike the appearance of his standard body and prefer another company's body.

P.S. Francis is awesome. I think he's one of their most popular MSD sculpts(?) I have my friend's old Francis from a trade. He's great.

#749 Nattou, Jan 7, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    10. Hei~
      I just stumbled across this Thread (might be 'cause I'm not very active here >.<'') so I just head to read the posts up to the newest ones... I have to admit that I'm reall happy that I ordered my first doll via MK last September. It's a FrancisSP Doll and he is just goregeous, plus he poses really good. The first glimpse of the resincolor was like a litte surprise for me because even it is a normal pink skin tone he really looked pale (migh just be thanked to the missing face-up) but now I really, really love it and I'm quite sure that my Yahiko won't be the last doll from MK ;)

11. Thank you guys!! Time to start saving!!!

12. Oh sorry, one last question. Is Acbjd.com a legit distributer? I've seen them on there for a decent price, and I just want to be sure that it is a real website. Thanks!

13. Acbjd.com is the site address Alices's Collection. They are an authorized dealer for Mystic Kids, and many more lines of bjds. I buy from them all the time, and have never had any problems. If you cruise the Waiting Room threads, you'll see that many members buy from AC. You could also check the Company Feedback threads to research a specific company's reputation.

(Also, please be aware that AC charges an additional 4% Paypal fee on all their transactions.)

Best of luck in getting your first doll! :thumbup

14. Personally, I'd opt for the Mystic Kids body. My girl stands like a rock and was a solid poser right outta the box. Highly recommended!

If you live in the USA, JunkySpot also carries Mystic Kids dolls, but their stock is constantly changing. (They only offer in-stock dolls, not preorders.) Good luck saving for your Francis!! He is my favorite MK boy!

15. Thanks! And thanks for the transaction fee warning!

16. Hello everyone!

I just wanted to pop in to show off my new girl. :) Today, my MK Lillian arrived, and I am beyond thrilled with her! I've wanted this little gal for a few years, and the wait was certainly worth it!

She doesn't have a name or character yet - and I hope to give her a faceup very soon, but for now here's a quick picture I took of her all dressed up after her box opening. <3

[​IMG]

17. I've been watching this thread for a couple years, although I've never posted, oops! Anyway, my Mystic Kids Lillian, Rhea, recently came home from getting her new face up, and I figured I could post her here!

[​IMG]IMG_20161228_161717_746 by Kyra Lenhart, on Flickr

#757 dukie1346, Jan 11, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    18. Do you guys know if acbjd.com would be willing to send a Francis head on a girl body? The sculpt perfectly fits a character.... but that characters a girl.

19. She's beautiful!

20. I asked Alice a while ago if that would be possible and she said it could be done. I didn't end up ordering it, though, so I don't know if it would take extra time.