1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mystic Kids 1/4 Discussion

Jan 9, 2013

1. @xyuemoto Glade looks lovely! He has such a cozy looking reading nook!

Got to take some nice photos of Kaine! His wig still won't let me style it the same way twice, but we've just come to accept his hair's eccentricity.
      [​IMG]

2. @Magnus Vale - Thanks. Kaine's wig looks cool in all your photos of him.

3. @xyuemoto It's the strangest wig, but it does look good! I purchased it years ago on Ebay for a completely different doll, but it suited Kaine so well that it stayed with him! It always seems to rearrange itself in strange ways everytime I take it off to dress him.

4. An autumn day.
      [​IMG]

5. I bought a Mystic Kids Nicole on a whim last week from the Junkyspot, and she came today. I usually do all of my dolls’ faceups myself, so I was initially planning on wiping her. But I totally fell in love today when I opened her, so it looks like her company faceup will be staying until it chips or something and I have to redo it. Really loving her so far, and the undies she came in was such a cute touch.

[​IMG]

6. Replaced Kaine's eyes today! I loved the old pair, but the irises were just too big.
      [​IMG]

7. @Magnus Vale - Cool eyes. They look like they have swirls of colours in them.

8. @xyuemoto They're a really pretty pair that has both shades of blue and violet in them.

Kaine wants to know if anyone notices anything new? XD
      [​IMG]

9. @Magnus Vale - He didn't have the arm design before, haha. Really cool. I'm waiting for the body for my floating kdf head, and I'm going to be painting his arms.

10. @xyuemoto It was my first time sealing a doll and applying a tattoo, so I was super nervous.. I'm glad it came out as well as it did! Unlike the other tattoo that I tried to do with my watercolor pencils on another doll, haha...

11. @Magnus Vale - I'm going to use acrylic paint and hope I don't make any mistakes, haha.

12. @xyuemoto Well, I wish you luck, be sure to show off the results! As for me, I'm investing in a better set of pencils and going to try my luck again when they arrive. I also want to start trying face-ups eventually, so it's an investment. Today I learned sealing and removing, so that's a start at least!

I might end up giving Kai a few more tattoos eventually, maybe on his lower arms in gold to match the upper arm. I also want to do something on Meta's chest to highlight his pearl, but that's later when I get more practice. In the meantime, I have all of these pretty foil tattoos I bought like the one on Kai, so definitely want to figure out who I want to wear them!

13. It's been an exciting week for Meta - not only did he get his new custom horns, but I also body blushed him and gave him a manicure and pedicure! I'll have to show off some pictures of the magic tattoo I did on his chest later.
      [​IMG]

14. @Magnus Vale - He looks cool. I want to try hand blushing sometime but I should get better at faceups first, haha.

15. @xyuemoto Thanks! Hand blushing isn't too bad, actually, most of the blushing is just pastel, then I used paints for the nails. I actually had some pearlescent white paint, which was perfect for Meta's pearl theme. The art shop near where I work also has some really nice soft pastels for sale too, so I've been picking up some that are prefect for blushing.

Here's a pic of his chest markings.
      [​IMG]

16. I'm looking to get a mini girl who will wear pretty dresses (as opposed to the hoodie gremlin I have now, lol), and I think she's going to ve an Evelyn! I was torn between her and Caroline, but this thread reminded me to check instagram for owner photos! Thanks guys ❤

#977 Mamo, Aug 6, 2020
      Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    17. I've been wanting to add a Mystic Kids Lillian to my collection for quite some time now, and I'm thinking this October sale might be the time to do it.... Anyone have any pictures of their Lillians to sway me? :D

18. Tasty treats.
      [​IMG]

19. Wow they look kind of mysterious. Love it.