1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

N-dolls-- Miso and Miru discussion part 1

May 11, 2006

1. The dolls fit 6 inch wigs.. Narae is 6.5 inches. Of course I tried the wigs on Narae and they fit. The mohair wigs are also that same pelted mohair as the Hermione. You can get them on but it's a real stretch.

the dolls come with the usual-- "random wigs and eyes"
      but I have found if you get a custom faceup, just ask if they have a certain color eye or wig. Usually they are happy to provide it if they have it in stock. If not, you still get "random." : - )

Catrina

P.S. One more thing... the artist wrote to me today and wants her sales to be from the first to tenth of every month. Then I email her with totals, and she sends the order in. And she will ship the dolls at the beginning of the next month. It's scary how organized she is. LOL.

2. Do you know what size eyes they take?

3. I put 12mm glass eyes in them, they they look good! I think they are 12mm.

Catrina

4. I love the comparison photos with Narae! So cute! Are they just a tiny bit shorter?
      I don't know if it was asked before, but what type of wig do they come with? The mohair ones?

5. Yes, they are a little bit shorter than Narae. Maybe an inch or so. As you can see, they are also a touch more svelte than Narae. Next to a Unoa girl they look positively fairylike... even with the big bust torso, they are a slender doll. someone pointed out to me that maybe they'd fit Tonner clothes perfectly since they have very slender waists.

The wigs and eyes are the usual "random" that you see. I always tell people to put in a request just in case that is possible (and in stock for the artist). They usually do try to give you what you like, if they have it.

This is N-dolls first ever international sale... so glad she is getting such great support from the doll community! She is very talented and her work is extremely beautiful quality. She has been endorsed for this sale by Narin Creative, who makes Narin and Narae. They feel her work is ready to go to the international doll fans. I do too! All positive reviews from me.
      : - )
      Catrina

6. MSC is ok for french resin. Please don't worry.

N-dolls have their own special wigs and clothing made by their artist:
      www.n-dolls.com

You can also find wigs and clothing that fit here:
      www.dollfair.com/bliss.htm
      For the one and only Softly She Walks Bliss clothing at Dollfair!

and wigs here:
      http://www.dollfair.com/wigs.htm

And shoes are coming up too! *wink*

Thanks for your great questions,
      The N-dolls are really super high quality and are great at posing! When I got the first two models I was so impressed! They are made by one of Bimong's star students.

Catrina

7. \\

They are all really cute. The artist did a really nice job painting them... the brush strokes are teeny tiny and the dolls look adorable. I have not been able to see each one individually yet, but will finish checking them all by tomorrow and shipping. :D Do you want a photo of Sadie?

She's such an imaginative person.. with the clothing and shoes and now high heeled feet she makes! She adds extra fun to being an owner of her dolls.
      When I got the photos of the high heels, I almost died, cause I am such a shoe lover myself. I absolutely love my dolls in sky high heels. And for mini dolls, it's really hard to find those with truly high heels.

Catrina

8. I really think they are going to become very popular with DOA people. They are great posers, the resin quality is right up there with Narin, and they're just plain adorable. There is something so endearing about them
      :- )
      I also like the accessories she has for them-- the Bad Girls outfits and high heel feet, and those really high heels... naughty, naughty. I love it!

It hasn't been asked yet, but I'll say it: No, I don't know if those high heel feet will fit Narae in pinky white. The resin is a touch whiter in the N-dolls than Narae. So we have to think about both the fit as well as whether the resin will match. It would be pretty cool if we could put those feet on Narae though... I will make my report when we get the feet in.
      Catrina

9. I'm going to have to check into this... I know Supia comes in French resin as well as urethane, but not sure how close the tint is until I see it with my own eyes.

I took a peek at the hooks on the Miso and Miru feet, and they are very long.. longer than the Narae ones...and N-doll strings em really tight too. This means you might have to restring your doll to swap high heeled feet with her (if her feet will even fit into the ankle ball joint area...). It's a really cool thought though, being able to share these with other mini dolls. By the time the first high heel feet arrive, I will have both Supia girls, as well as the others I have and so there will be a bit experiment going on here.
      : - ) Stay tuned...
      Catrina

10. I PM'd you the numbers.

We enter everyone's email addresses when we print labels, and USPS is supposed to automatically email a notice to that email address we provide.
      The same goes for our shopping cart-- when you make an order, a receipt is emailed to you.

Some internet providers block certain domains as "spam." We find that some people receive these emails and some don't. There is no way we can be sure who does and who doesn't, so we do our best to manage email inquiries from buyers who want confirmation.

N-dolls have a very quick turnaround time-- she sends them out complete a month after they are ordered. I'm looking forward to these first ones arriving because I think everyone is going to be so pleased with them.. they really are very special.

Regarding the curly wigs-- I will give her some gentle feedback that they are less popular with everyone. I think the artist likes that look, and so she makes these wigs by hand. The dolls are capable of many looks, so hopefully everyone can see their potential-- curly wigs or not! : - ))
      Catrina

11. You know when you look at them they are really pretty wigs. Maybe a well placed barette would make them look less round. I bet I could work with them...

12. Am I the first?

Miso arrived today...she's truly adorable, and as a bonus, she's to scale with Tae!! Morrison actually has a companion now, which makes me very happy. She arrived with the green eyes I requested and a fur wig (greyish). Her resin is really interesting, a lot of tooth to it. No shine whatsoever, which is nice. She stands really well, has great balance and a good weight.

I've been going through clothing to see what fits..Franklin Mint Titanic Rose stuff does not fit, alas, at least not on the well-endowed Miso. Perhaps on the smaller chested one. Some Tonner stuff is fitting as well. I will try to get pictures up sometime this weekend :).

Catrina, thank you for all of your time and help with these girls. I think they are going to be very popular :)

Anyone else receive theirs?

13. Awesome! congrats!

14. I would LOVE to see a picture with Tae! Tae and Il are lonely!

15. Congratulations Clochette...

I agree, they are going to become very popular here on DOA.

The resin is not sanded, but you could sand it to make it shiny. THis artist prefers the matte finish on the french resin. I'm always impressed with the craftsmanship on these.

I was really hoping they'd be in scale with Tae! How terrific!!! He's too cute to remain a bachelor long :D Pics please....

Best,
      Catrina

16. I received Miso today also, and she is the most adorable thing I've ever seen! Mine also came with the green eyes, alas, she also came with the notorious dandelion wig, thank goodness I ordered an extra wig, and she has another one coming soon I hope. I don't have a whole lot of experience with other dolls from other doll companies, but I have to say of all the ones I've owned so far, she poses the best by far. There are no snappy joints so no need to suede her, and she can bend her arms at the elbows to an extent where she can touch any part of her face. Her hands and feet also have great articulation, and the joint at her tiny waist is to die for. So far I've spent more time figuring out what poses she can hold (pretty much all), and she has the sweetest expression for such an "adult" looking mini! I'm going to sand her lines down tonight, separate her fingers and touch up her faceup (not much, just a smidge), and then after I figure out how to use my new camera I'll put up pictures for everyone interested to see. Thank you Catrina and family for introducing her to us; I'm definitely in love with her already, and can't wait for Limho to arrive so she'll have a boyfriend. I'd order Special Il for her also but I can't get over the "no joint at the waist" thing...

17. Yay Karma! So glad she came quickly for you.

Thanks for all the great comments on N-dolls. I agree, posing is awesome on these. Especially the arms-- my goodness, they can go anywhere and they just stay posed. Really remarkable.

Sorry about the dandelion wig-- I will definitely talk to the artist about this since there have been several comments similarly. If it's any consolation, the Narin- Narae 43cm wigs all fit, they are just slightly less on the snug side since Miru and Miso are 6 inch heads and the Narins are 6.5.

A side note on Limho-- I have been negotiating with Limhwa to produce all the Limhos in french resin (like Narin dolls and N-dolls) so that the resin type will be matching with them. It's going to cost me $40 more per doll to get them in french resin, but I will do it as a gift to everyone in order #1. She's really excited, since we will also be making ForYou in french resin too.
      Catrina

18. Yeppers, my treat.

Limhwa and I are working on exhibition dolls for the Texas BJD Con. We are making jeweled fairies from ToYou in lace fairy dresses. We are making a ForYou and Limho in asian style facepainting with outfits. She is sending me her new 60cm Limhwa girl in an outfit of her own creation... Am I excited?
      Oh no!! (hahhaha).

We've been talking about resin color and type and she was thinking of switching to the imported resin. So I said, "Hey, let's just do it for the first shipment of Limhos!" So they will be coming in normal colored french resin. That's the plan. In future shipments I will have to charge more for them, but I want them to start off in french resin.

Limho is a beautiful work of art. Did you guys know that a doll like this takes over 6 months to create?? I can't wait to see him with your Miso : -)
      Catrina

P.S. For those who can't come to the convention, I am going to have my digital camera hooked up with a wireless internet connection. I will be uploading pictures to my web site all through the weekend. The artists I work with in Korea will be coming onto the same page to peek at their exhibits and see everyone. They are very excited!! Info to come!

19. It's so cool that Limho will be in french resin! I've been wondering, would it be possible to get the french resin dolls in colors like Narindolls has? Or are the colors each artist uses like a trade secret? I think it would be cool to see more of these dolls in tan colors!

20. I just wanted to thank you Catrina for this wonderful surprise. I don't know of any other company who would not only work so closely with dollmakers to get the customers what they want, but I also can't think of anyone who would go so far to keep customers happy. Catrina could just as well have had Limhwa start making her Limho dolls in french resin on the next order and too bad for us who would have missed out by ordering already. As a side note, I had also ordered a 60cm Narae doll from her, and there was a small issue concerning my order. She addressed the problems very quickly, something that I think no other company could/would have done. I know there are some people who might be considering purchasing a doll she represents, and to those people I can not say enough about the personalized service and individual attention you will get from her. There are other companies who may also offer the same line of dolls, but the difference comes from the quickness in response as well as excellence in service. And btw, I'm not paid to say any of this! *grin*