1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Nabarro’s Boys discussion thread - Part 2

May 11, 2019

1. Thanks so much, just received him and he is beautiful !!
      Ty for sharing that info with me, he demands a body as the D-Lace body stand he is on is just not cutting it for him LOL
      Here is an impromptu pic, didn't tape down the wig yet :)
      [​IMG]

2. Wow that is a cool wig! :D

3. @Twisty
      Ahhh! I LOVE that wig on him! :chocoheart
      It's similar to the hairstyle (cut, not color) I was thinking of giving my Kalan too. I'm so happy to see it really suits him!
      I hope he can get a body soon. ^__^

4. @zekarmisama @Lady Ravenswood ty so much ! It was made by loverof_roses_bjd
      No new body yet but for now he is borrowing an Idealian one hehe
      I call this photo : social distancing in the morgue lol

[​IMG]

5. I got a body for my Kalan! He's on the IoS 80cm body. So far, it works really well for him. It's pretty lean and maybe a little taller than I was originally thinking, but I really like it.
      [​IMG]

6. @Chikku - that looks very good for him. I never would have guessed that size would work, but my guy overwhelms his borrowed 65cm bod and 68 isnt much better.

7. @petiteballerine I too was surprised! I'd been trying him on my 65/68/70cm bodies I had and I just randomly tried this one.

8. Oh! He looks great on that body!
      Yeah, I've had the same problem where he just seems very large for what I have...

9. Hi,
      were do you buy nabarro heads at?
      thank you

10. On Flickr directly from the artist when she casts them, which is once every year at most. So 2nd hand ?

11. Yes, if you're looking for a specific sculpt then your only option currently is second hand. Nabarro tends to cast a limited number of heads, and sells them through their flickr, and tends to do so sporadically. And, so far they haven't sold the same sculpt twice.

12. I re-painted my Wally <3 <3 <3

[​IMG]

Just a quick faceup, but it was so nice to work on him. Ahhhh, he's such a lovely sculpt! It was really exciting to see him blank. It's such a decadent treat to me to paint Wally. :D

Edit: Changed his eyes too <3

#93 Lady Ravenswood, Jun 13, 2020
      Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    13. Hi, Nabarro fanatics :D I used to follow a bjd owner/photographer named SamuraiNX who regularly upload photos of a Nabarro Har on flickr. By reading the comments, I believe they moved on to instagram but I can't seem to find their account anywhere. Does anyone happen to know? Thanksss. ((( Big fan of them :eusa_pray

14. Thank you so much!!! It is indeed the correct account :chibi one mystery solved :thumbup

15. Hiya, i'm so happy to have this boy, and he demanded photos... immediately :lol:
      i think we will be trying on many, many looks to find his true self...

But these blue eyes he so graciously arrived with demanded this fabulous do, and the first Edwardian fluff he could nab.
      mine's on a DZ B70-003 right now, but i really like the way that 80cm IOS looks... @Chikku - is that the slim or larger neck model?
      [​IMG]
      flickr

#98 Grimalkin, Oct 9, 2020
      Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    16. You know, I'm not sure. I bought an IoS Lacrimosa second hand and ended up commandeering his body for my Kalan. I could measure his neck-- give me a day or two.

17. Hiya! thank you, i really appreciate it :) he really looks great on it!
      i have a feeling it's the slender since it came with Lacrimosa though. :thumbup