1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Nabarro’s Boys discussion thread - Part 2

May 11, 2019

1. @Cloudedmind No statement could resonate more with me than "after ten years, finally" I have a lot of that going on around here :XD: Your Heddwyn looks beautiful! Hopefully it was worth the trouble for a decade. (Sometimes I wonder at the own troubles I have caused myself with whatever I'm trying to do with these dolls)

Speaking of trouble for a decade, I think I am finally working well with my Yakumo again (his name is Al). I have had him since the original order period and we've been kind of on the outs since 2014 or so, but I've been slowly fussing with him again the last several months, new wig, eyes, painting additions to my last faceup on him, different body I had here, and yesterday I was finally motivated to sew some stuff he might like, and I think he does. It makes me happy to see him somewhat presentable again :lol:

[​IMG]

Maybe sometime this next decade I'll take some heartfelt pictures of him again.

2. @AlisonVonderland Haha, yeah I've been saying that a lot over the last two years, and I still have a few more that are about to hit their 10 year anniversary. :P I'm kind of glad it took me as long as it did to finally put some of them together. There's a lot more options when it comes to bodies, etc.

Your Al looks adorable. I like his colorful faceup.

3. @Cloudedmind the hobby really can turn into a whole different creature over a decade. I feel my dolls are always works in progress but it's amusing seeing them rise and fall and rise again (as to how much I feel happy with them and inspired by them and so on). It's so exciting if there was a particular thing you could never get right and you finally do, etc.
      Thank you! He had a normal Faceup underneath but I was bored with it and painted colorful painterly marks on top, like some kind of avant garde makeup :XD: its very different but I guess he's a forward thinker.

4. Took a quick pic today trying out a new phone camera (why you have to try and die old phone????)
      Basically just plopped down Mr. Grail and snapped a few shots, but he's so lovely he looks great anyway! :aheartbea

[​IMG]

5. He really is lovely and very striking with the white hair I think @Lady Ravenswood :D
      Anyone else have any new pictures of theirs? My Al is retired to the floating head box again :XD: I am in a phase where I am needing to downsize and some characters I like to keep will be sharing bodies I think. Eh he can handle it.

6. @AlisonVonderland I'm actually doing the same. Try and limit the number of bodies and just have heads share more than before. It's really the bodies that take up most space and I don't have enough space for all of them anymore.

I have a newer photo of my Sumner :)
      [​IMG]

7. Summer is so pretty. I had one briefly from when there was the pre-order but saw him in person and immediately felt apathy about buying a body with a compatible neck :XD:
      It's nice to see yours @Prinsessen . I love his style.
      I don't have so many dolls right now that it's impossible to have them out on display with bodies. It would be fine if I had a proper house, even small. But I'm thinking it may be nice to reduce for the sake of it anyway. I think I adjusted to the idea that I can let them go on vacation sometimes and it's fine.

8. Hey all, I apologize if this has been answered already, but I'm having trouble finding information.

I'm new to the Nabarro boys - I honestly never thought this day would come, but I managed to get the holiest of grails and got a normal skin Har.

I'd like to put him on the Dollstown 18 body if it's possible, but tne neck looks .5 cm too big? What I'm worried about most is not having information on resin matching.

Can anyone tell me if Fresh or Oriental works better for normal skin? Or what other companies could work within head lushing range?

#128 Littlebirdzoom, Jul 16, 2023
      Last edited: Jul 18, 2023
    9. Just bumping again to see if anyone knows what Dollshe/Dollstown skin tone fits normal skin Har? I seriously can't find any info. My boy is coming home soon :D

10. @Littlebirdzoom I know that by the time Yakumo was made, the casting company was Dollshe. I am nearly certain that normal was Dollshe fresh at that point. I think you could possibly dig up the info you want on Navarro's Flickr account if it still exists. That's where the dolls used to be ordered from. I will dig around now and see if I can find something.

Edit: I don't think the original text remains in the pictures anymore which is where at least on Yakumo, Nabarro had mentioned the dollshe color. Sorry about that. Hope somebody else knows.

#130 AlisonVonderland, Aug 27, 2023
      Last edited: Sep 4, 2023
    11. I have a normal resin Har head from late 2011 and a Dollshe doll in oriental from early 2012 and their resin colors were never a match. The Har head was to pink and still is compared to my older Dollshe oriental. However, I think at some point Dollshe's resin got more pink, but I can't remember the year that was commented on.

When I finally bought my Har a body two yeas ago I got it matched to Switch normal, which was a good match.