1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

NABIYETTE fairy - 5.5cm

Sep 18, 2010

1. I thought I'd share the pics of the girls skin tone colors in a group...here are the rainbow girls:

[​IMG]

2. Oh my gosh, they are so beautiful!!!

I got my girl today! Just opened her. I love her so much!!! I need more!

karenleigh

3. How wonderful! I've been hoping to see more dollhouse sized dolls.

4. Hello Karen,
      THank you so much! It means everything to know that collectors love this doll as much as I do...it's just so nerve wrecking when a new doll's released. :lol:

Thank you so much Ayas-Shadow, for sharing pics of her! I'm glad you love her too. I hope to see her and her friend soon again~:D

5. I'm looking at the Tinybear boy sculpts to choose who should go with her!

But now she's being a very...stubborn...little thing! She doesn't like EITHER wig! *sighs* I don't think she likes faux fur...it's a little too wild for the Lady she seems to want to be. I'm going to try making her a yarn wig so see if she'll like that better. If not, then I'll likely try a tinybear fur wig, too. From there, I'll move to trying fiber for her, if she's still insistent that the wigs I try won't do. I did NOT expect her to be so...picky. *laughs* But I love her!

6. TB wigs are quite wild too. How about a Monique Gold from Facets? Most are in 'normal' colors, but there are a few styles in punks/purples/etc. I've ordered from Marcia several times--love her stuff and her service. :3 I'm thinking about ordered a chocolate red "Tori" for mine eventually.
      http://www.facetsbymarcia.com/wigshop4.htm

Finally got a shipping update! She is in Fairbanks finally! Not yes listed as out for delivery though...hope she comes today!

7. I know fur wigs are totally wild, too...Don't have any Tinybear ones yet, but I do have 3 fur wigs. I love them...and they style easier than the faux fur, which is why a fur wig is likely to be my next choice if the yarn one I'm hoping to make doesn't work out...then fiber. I spent HOURS last night looking through fiber wigs! I LOVE Monique wigs...but all the styles I like for her don't come in her size, a color I like for her, or both! And I looked through a few dealers that sell Monique wigs...and on the Monique site, itself. Heh. But I'm thinking if I can find the right yarn, and not make a total mess of the crocheted cap, that the yarn will work perfectly! And if I can do her yarn wig myself, I'm sure I can also do the yarn wigs I'll need for 2 future dolls, too...maybe 3. Heh. If not...I might just ask Lynn if she has the time to make a wig for me on commission if I send her Dahlia's head and the yarn I want used...and I'll just commission Lynn for the others, too...since her yarn wigs are WHY I started looking at that option in the first place! I just think that yarn and on-skin fur will give me the most options for styling for her. Unless I go totally insane, and order hair and do a fiber wig myself...the kind that you knot 2-3 strands to the netting of the cap at a time, so they can be styled? yeah...I think yarn will be less work! *laughs*

8. Oh payday, you cannot come fast enough. :( I want her now!

9. Hooray, my girl is on her way home! I won't be allowed to play with her until Christmas though. :(

Does anyone whose ordered a Nabiyette have a Tinybear Bracken they can take comparison photos with? I have a feeling my girl will need a boyfriend. :doh

10. Nikopiko: *laughs* I was just looking over Tinybear's boys yesterday, trying to decide which sculpt would go best with my Nabiyette, since I KNOW Thistledown (my initial choice for the pair) just will NOT work with her, now that she's home! I am VERY tempted to go over to the Tinybear thread and ask for photos of the boys, from anyone who has them, to help me choose one for her! My current choice, however, is a Milo. In Sky Blue if I can get him in it. So I'll also add to your request...if anyone has any of the Tinybear boys, and a Nabiyette, please spam?

And my first adventure in yarn wig making...was surely an adventure! Found a yarn that was GORGIOUS, but not multi-ply, so nothing to untwist. Figured, no big..even untwisting the ply in the mutli-ply yarns on a tiny her size is gonna look like dreads or braids, so they'll just be a bit bigger. The yarn next to her face looked good, even at it's size. Found a smaller yarn that matches her resin really well for the cap. Tried my first EVER crochet cap. Turned out realy good! Considering that I was BSing it as I went along, I was rather proud! I works as a wig base, but it also makes a DARLING little hat! I think some resins are getting hats this winter now. Started cutting lengths of my 'hair' yarn, hooking them through the cap, tying off, everything's looking good! Watch TV with the hubby while I work, with Dahlia moving around me depending on where is easiest to place her after each try on of the wig...not even half way through I start thinking 'This thing is getting AWEFULLY full for her tiny little head!' Another few pieces in and I'm thinking 'Shoot...now what do I do? It's going to be too full.' Which gets followed by 'Hey! Let's take a length, knot it off on the end, and comb it out! See what that does!' It thins it out, shortens it some, and gets a MASSIVE 'furball' on the end of the toothbrush I'm using. But I like the end result OK, and figure doing this will thin it out enough (and put me RIGHT BACK at the faux fur look! lol) So if finish the wig (this has taken 3 hours so far) and start brushing a few sections at a time. This takes another 2 hours to complete...wig is MASSIVELY thinned out, I have a fluff ball next to me on the couch the size of a CAT, and I put it on her...it's still MASSIVE on her tiny head! But she likes it! And so do I...if I can just get it to style out a little so it's not so poofed! I want to make another with the same yarns for her today, only leaving the yarn for the hair un-combed out, and MUCH thinner, then go through and SEW the yarn pieces in place so it's styled, covers all the needed bald spots, and looks like it's been intricately braided and such. Who knows? After that, I MAY move on to making her a third, too. It's fun!

I'll get photos of her in her massive poof wig in a little, light is decent this morning without the need to go out in the snow! And share. Heh.

11. Hi Raesha,
      I did buy some monique wigs to prepare for Nabiyette before she arrived, and to my surprise, their size 4 is a bit big on them. I do prefer the faux fur wig look...just so much for fairy like, and with a tiny bit of eye putty to over her head, (which I found out two days ago), it stays on her head perfectly. However, I took some photos of the monique wigs on my girls so that you can vision your dolls with them. The bob wig fit the best around her head. The other two seems a bit bigger even though they're the same size:
      [​IMG]

12. About wigs, I have a few fairyland 3/4 size fiber wigs to try on my girl when she gets home, I will share photos of those for sure (if they fit)!

13. I'm curious to see your newly made wigs. Are the yarns like the tiny mohair with crinkles in them? I've seen those made on etsy on cloth dolls, which looked very earth friendly. Oh, and speaking of Etsy, I saw some cute casual outfits for Pukipuki & Lati white size. I think Nabiyettes will fit in them. Except that longer pants may fall short on them, since these girls are taller.

14. I'll share photos as soon as I have the time to finish the second wig! I've still got Christmas gifts to finish making first, so I've had to put Dahlia and her wig demands to the side for now!

15. I got my Nabiyette!!! She is such a cute little one, and I love the shade of wig she arrived with. I struggle a lot with pictures, but I will try and get some made soon.

16. My girl arrived but I can't "have" her until Christmas! lol :sweat What torture!

17. divadionne:
      I'm so glad you like her! hope to see your dark tan one!
      nikopiko:
      lol...is your boyfriend holding her hostage?
      We have a Christmas tree with NO presents underneath the tree. The kids presents are hidden up in the kitchen cabinet where they can't reach, and my husbands sweaters are in my dresser drawer..lol. He probably wouldn't care for those anyway. What he really wants are some computer gadgets, but I don't have a clue about those...lol

18. My two fairy girls sharing a nest: Nabiyette and Moona.

[​IMG]

19. What a beautiful nest they're in. How cute!! I love what you did to Moona's wig, adding a bit of colorful yarn or ribbons? I think I'll try ribbons to mine too.