1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Nakana Workshop Discussion

Dec 7, 2022

1. I keep hearing they are working or planning to work on male body. So the new female body was, to me, a little let down because I was hoping they release compatible male body for 56cm girls (which I prefer)

2. I agree 100%. I think the bodies they have made are beautiful, so I’ve been eagerly awaiting to see how the do the male one for quite some time now. Hopefully we get that sooner than later, and bonus if it isn’t a hugely tall body at that!

3. Now I love me some gorgeous bust stands, and couldn't recommend these ones more, but!
      Out of over a decade of BJD dolls, this is the first time anyone's ever made a doll that looks like me- so of course I had to have one.
      [​IMG]
      I found a wig that looks a lot like my hair, too.
      This is the Panya head in the White resin- it's very Ivory- on a stand in their NS which is a golden toned type ns.

4. I like that they added the thigh joint and sculpted the knees a bit better, but I'm so sad they removed the logo from the back... I'm going to buy the 56 version soon, but I'm considering maybe getting the 1/6 Liv version of the new body since it also has a few plus points

I hope they're going to release a posing video, because I wonder if the new version stands less stable than the old body

5. Since we don’t have a waiting thread I thought I’d pop in and say I ordered Arlo + Male bust in normal with faceup on the 4th. Does anyone know if their shipping ETA is still accurate? Their Q&A page hasn’t been updated in a few years.

6. Hey y'all! I've been looking for a bust/stand for a 1/3 Lingtai/Ling Tai head I just acquired.
      The neck opening of the head is 9.3 cm.
      I kind of wanted the female bust more than the male bust, but it depends on how the head would fit.
      The neck circumference on male bust is 10.5 and the female is 9.
      I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to this and was wondering which one would be a better fit.
      Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give me!
      :?

7. Whoops. Sisca came out and I may have impulse bought her head even though I told myself I am not buying any new dolls right now.

Ah well. Usually when I impulse buy like this it doesn't work out. Hopefully this one sticks! She's so pretty.

8. Sisca is stunning, if I didn’t need to buy a new computer I would absolutely order her in a heartbeat!! I want her badly. Hopefully I can get the chance to order her one day!

9. Sisca is my favorite 1/3 head by Nakana! But I am saving up to buy Rati first

10. She instantly went on my wish list !! If I wasn’t ordering super limited boy, I’d have gone for her. Hoping to afford another Nakana full doll and extra heads in the future!

11. Can I just say I hope so too, because I very much enjoy seeing your dolls and all you do with them on Instagram!

12. I resorted to my first-ever layaway for the priority boy today. That means I have a little more financial room to consider another doll or head.... It is getting too tempting...!:apirate:

Awwww thank you:love I wish I could see more Nakana dolls on IG tho, there seems to be very little updates (I see mostly only mine. LOL)

13. I’m honestly surprised they are not more common or popular on social media- they’re just absolutely beautiful to me and the author photos, full sets and makeup are incredible too. But it is awfully nice not worrying (yet) about sold out dolls or quickly filled preorders!

14. I also think these dolls deserve more fans. My favorite face is the cherubic LuLu. Liv and Lina are also very pretty in that Victorian/Edwardian Era way.

15. I think they are gorgeous sculpts, too! I was turned away by the resin options (I prefer a WS that isn't so yellow), but they have a newer WS that might match my Maskcat body better, so they are on the "future floating heads" list now.

Of the 1/3 heads, I love Yvonne and Panya the most, but Sisca is really charming!

And LuLu looks SO much like one of my nieces - the same sleepy eyes, the rosebud mouth, etc. I keep resisting the desire to buy one just for her! (But she is only three years old, so I think it would be safer to wait haha).

16. Sisca looks like combination of Yvonne and Panya. I love how she looks smiling!

I was lucky to find Lulu second hand. I couldn’t afford her brand new and kept missing. I also wasn’t sure if I like her enough to keep after paying so much due to the scale (mature for yosd. Age wise, Lulu appears MSD in Yo size.) I was also curious to see Nakana light tan so this was very good purchase to try out Lulu and Light tan without spending a fortune. I was first going to rehome her. Now I’m too attached she is staying :whee:

17. Love Nakana aesthetics. Previous month i odered a Sisca. She will be perfect with my Maskcat and Dollstown girls :cool: I only took the head, unfortunately the 60cm body remains too short for my SD family. I will hybrid her with a Dollstown 17years female body. The light white looks very closed to the DT freshskin. I hope it will work. :3nodding: