1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Naming and creating characters, how does it work for you?

Dec 22, 2010

1. No worries! None of my dolls have set characters, even after 3+ years in the hobby.
      I enjoy buying clothes and wigs...tons of wigs! I do have 2 characters that I bought
      heads for thinking that I had finally found the right dolls for them, unfortunately it did
      not work out and I'm still looking for the right sculpt. Everyone has their own way of
      bringing their dolls/characters to life which you can see by reading all the posts...
      I'm sure you'll love your doll whether she has a set character or several personas!!

2. I tend to horde eyes and wigs, so we always have an abundance in supply for our various dollies. At the same time, I do have trouble trying to put different characters with one sculpt, with one exception (who's not even bought yet). My oldest RP character I plan to eventually shell has (at last count) at least seven different forms/personas. Since he's essentially the same base character, his sculpt doesn't change, yet I can't justify using the same sculpt for some of his more extreme personas, if for no other reason than the face-up would simply not work. And I'm too lazy to change it every time I want to photograph that character.

However, I don't care if others do that. If they're willing to go through the (possible) extra work of face-ups, or just changing the wig and eyes, then they should go for it.

3. My two girls (and how many others I get) are all individuals. They have set eye and hair colors because they add to their personalities. I would never change their names because they are based on my anthro characters from my art work. So for me Helen and Ginger were "pre-made". I don't have any set characters for my next dollies so I may use wigs that I think are cool to help decide on their character.

4. I like to have all of my dolls as individuals and I usually have a hard time bonding with them, if that is not the case.
      There is one exception though. My Dia is a single doll representing two different characters that just barely differ in their appearance (namely different eye color, hair and style of clothing). However, since that is part of my OCs storyline and pretty much always has been, bonding has never been an issue here.

5. That would be interesting. I only have one doll and I prefer if that doll only has one character to him and one name to him. The wigs would just be accessories for him, that's all. aha

6. I'm the same as Taco. My characters are completly set...I never change the wig or eyes...unless I KNOW that they would shape the doll intp the character even more.

7. I'm the same as you, Pen-Pen. I see every change my boy gets as just a simple swap here and there. I usually stick to a variety of black wigs for him, since his hair is black. But, each of them have their own styles and everything. I do have other colored wigs for him, but he's still the same guy! As for eyes, he's heterochromic and I don't really change his eyes. xD Just his hair changes along with his "moods."