1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Nappy Choo discussion

Oct 17, 2016

1. I see iMda has a new bebe body and one of the faces looks like Happy Choo Lili and it is named Lili. Then Soom has Nappy Choo available again for their 20th anniversary sale. So I’m trying to decide if I want the iMda bebe or one of the Soom Nappy Choo babies. I’ve always wanted Happy Choo Lili and a Nappy Choo but realized they were not available anymore but now both at once in a way, how do I choose?!

#61 NineOneThree, Jan 20, 2022
      Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    2. I think Soom/Neo-angel Region has tapped into my brain. Strange series of events...
      I received an email notice from etsy that some items I had bought two and a half months ago finally came up for review.
      They were onesies I'd gotten for my Dream Valley Ding, originally designed for Nappy Choo.
      While I was on etsy I decided to see if there were any new outfits for Nappy Choo/Ding, and ended up ordering several.
      So I'm seeing all these cute Nappy Choos and thinking, maybe I should get one to share the clothes!
      I checked Soom and several other retailers, but I only saw some on ebay and forbidden sites so I gave up.
      A few hours later I do my usual DoA scroll and what do I see? A just-posted announcement from a Soom rep that Nappy Choos are up for preorder. :o
      The hard part was ordering just one.

3. Oh my goodness, those are adorable! Does anybody know how tall the Nappy Choos are? I would like to know if the size works well with my other small BJDs.

4. @spih, I don't see measurements on the site, surprisingly! But I've been buying Nappy Choo clothing for my Dream Valley Ding and he is 12 cm, so I imagine they are close.

edit: Well, I just noticed there is a drop-down "additional information" that gives dimensions of
      27x16x6cm!
      So now I don't know what to think. I find it hard to believe they are 27cm tall.

double edit: So now I found a googled page from Neo-angel Region that says Nappy Choo is 12cm.
      I doubt if they made a bigger version, especially with the price they are charging so I'm going to say 12cm is probably the correct size.

#64 phanuel, Jan 20, 2022
      Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    5. Nappy Choo is 12cm, Happy Choo and the new iMda Bebe are 14cm. Same head size though. I’m leaning towards Nappy Choo because there seems to be a lot of cute clothes for them and I’m not sure what would fit the iMda Bebe.

6. May I ask where you’re finding clothes for your Nappy Choos?

7. Etsy has a lot of cute stuff

8. Thanks for the info about Nappy Choo size. I made some searches for owner pictures and found a couple that had a Nappy Choo together with a Lati Yellow or a Pukifee. The size appeared to work fine with those. Nappy Choo was shorter so the 12 cm height seems to be right. The weird dimension numbers are perhaps the box size.

9. I looked at comparison photos too and they don’t look too bad next to 1/8 dolls, it is similar to how an older infant and a toddler can have the same size head but different size bodies. Here are measurements for Nappy Choo
      All about Nappy Choo~! - Neo-AngelRegion

I also figured out that the iMda Bebe are definitely remakes of Happy Choo.

10. I just could not resist these. I had to order two! (Dalang boy and Nappy Choo girl).

11. I'm about to place an order for two of them. Marc and Dalang. Do you *need* super expensive nappy choo eyes, or can you buy regular eyes in the correct size?

12. I sure hope regular eyes will do. I have several pairs of leftover eyes, and I was hoping I would find suitable ones among them.

13. @yafashelli , as spih said, you don't have to buy the Soom eyes. They recommend 12mm so I would start with that. But sometimes people find different sizes more to their liking too.

14. I ordered Dalang and I’m hoping I have clothes that will fit. Even though there are a couple sellers on Etsy that make stuff for them, I’m not finding exactly what I want yet.

15. There are some pdf patterns to sew clothes on etsy. Do you sew at all?

16. I can repair and hem, sew on fasteners, patches, and embellishments, make a box stitch and bows. I think I could make clothes as long as there isn’t any ruffles, pleats, or gathers but I have never tried.

17. Couldn't pass up on a Nappy Choo, but I did order the Soom eyes because I don't think I have any that size kicking around unused. :whee:

I have some of those mini Christmas ornaments from Hallmark and hope they're a good play-scale for Nappy Choo. One is of those rainbow baby ring toys and the little Fisher Price school house.

18. I cannot BELIEVE that I've missed ordering Marc AGAIN. Honestly this hobby sometimes drives me to tears +_+

19. Dalang is shipping! Of course a couple things I struggled to find are not here yet but at least I have a couple of options for outfits.

Tags: