1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Narae and Narin 60cm Discussion part 2.

Nov 16, 2008

1. Yaay Ava pictures! I'll have a look right away!
      If it weren't for my half elf eating up my last pennies, I'd buy a urethane narae60 in a heartbeat! Every picture of Ava is such eye-candy!!

2. Thank you so much Anneke! I appreciate your kind words here and on the other site. Thought I would post here as this dear thread seems to end up at the bottom rung all the time.

I just know if Narin came out with the large Narae in Urethane resin again, they would sell like hotcakes. I am still waiting for them to be available again. And I know what you mean about "pennies". I ordered two Volks FCS dolls. I can hardly wait for them to arrive. Kind of ate away some of my "dolly cash".

And I haunt other bjd sites to find more dolls to add to my collection and sew and knit for. At the moment I just cannot find any. Ava and Alexa have spoiled me! I am working on another outfit for Alexa. The sweater is taking so long as the gauge is quite small and there are so many rows and stitches. So hope it will be worth the work!

In the mean time my spare time has been spent on the computer working on my website. So "dolly" work is running a close second now! But not for long.

Just wish more folks would visit here again. I love to hear how everyone is getting along with their "big" girls and boys! I often think about getting a big Narin boy. Boys just don't seem as much fun to dress though. Finding shoes, etc, can be a problem.

3. I would snap up a Narin if he were available in urethane again! T__T He's perfect for one of my characters,

4. I too want a tan Narin Charisma but I want him in urethane. The tan color is a little darker in the urethane and that's what I want. I'm waiting for them to become available too.

5. Yeah, I absolutely love Narin Charisma and Mature Narae sculpts. >_< Hopefully urethane is available sometime within the next year!

6. Ghost Reflection,
      She is so beautiful! I love her face-up and your costume and background makes her look so real.
      Is she white or pinky white urethane?

I too am waiting for the urethane resin to become available. I'd like to get a 60cm Narae with the mature face-up.

7. Thank you Linda! She is white French resin. Gland you like the face-up. Took me quite a few tries to get it right. Her tail is done except for the beading, and eventually I am hoping to make a top.

Sometimes I wish she was in urethane, because I hardly ever take her out for fear of yellowing. But, the French resin is beautiful, and has a certain glow to it that urethane does not. I&#8217;m hoping to get another big girl in urethane either another narae, or limhwa. Those are my two favorite doll makers.

I do like how dashing the narin charisma is. I&#8217;d get him if I could. He is yet one more doll that I don&#8217;t have the time or money for right now. Perhaps in four more years when my broke college days are over.

8. Wow! Ghost Reflection - those are just fantastic photos! She is just beautiful! Love what you did and your theme. Great work!

Yes, it seems the same complaint - where are the urethane ones! I just love my Alexa and Ava, but as I have mentioned, they must hide out in their boxes. Even while I am fitting them, I keep them hidden under a towel so the light will not ruin them. I must say it must be working because I do not notice any color change.

I am working on another outfit for Alexa. I sort of got behind do to my long hours working on my new website. It was quite intense but, for the most part, it is up and working. Hope you visit it. Link is below. If you do get in there, you will see Alexa on the home page. I truly love these big girls look. Anyway, hope to share her new outfit soon!

For those that knit, I have a free downloadable pattern (shrug) I just showed. It is an easy one to knit up. Fits these gals so nice. Can't say enough about how much I love my two girls!

9. Thanks dollswest. I had tons of fun taking the shoot. Glad you enjoyed it.
      Yeah, I know, I complain about having to hide her away quite a bit on here.:sweat
      Thank you for the pattern. The cloths you make for your girls are so beautiful.

10. I finally finished another sweater and skirt for Alexia. She is my most favorite doll of all time! And that is saying a lot, considering the dolls in my home! Well she comes in second to my daughter!

&#8220;Simone&#8221; from the book &#8220;French Girl Knits&#8221; inspired this sweater. I did not realize it would take so long to knit up. I used Misti Alpaca&#8217;s lace weight hand dyed alpaca yarn. I used a very fine gauge. The flared sleeves and collar use both a double and single eyelet rib pattern. I love the cowl neck on Alexa. It gives it a glamorous look that could be worn for evening attire. The long skirt is out of silk taffeta. I made up the pattern for that as well. There are just no patterns out there for these girls. I always have to makel my own up!

I really love the new wig you will see on Alexa. It is "glamor" by Jpopdolls. I asked Grace if she will have it in more colors. I love the red on Alexa but would love a strawberry blond as well.

Click here for the link to my latest photos.

11. I'm thinking about getting a Narin Charisma to faceup as a girl (this one is to be an "ideal me" doll, and all the girl faces have rosebud lips, totally not me at all!) -- does anyone know if that head would go on a 60cm Narae body well?

12. Sorry to say Naienko, but it doesn't work. The neck sizing is different and it looks very wrong. The female Mature Narae face plate looks, um...mature and quite close to the male Charisma Narin. The trick is to some how put over the more masculine side to your female character in her face up. Hope that makes sense.

13. It makes sense but it just won't work. I like the Mature Narae faceplate, but it is not going to work for an "ideal me". Are there any 60cm bodies I could hybridise the Narin with? Or I guess I could mod the Narin body.

14. Long time since I last checked in. I am dying for Narin to come out with matt resin. It doesn&#8217;t look as if they have updated anything on the website about it. Does anyone have any added information on this?

15. I've also been eyeing a Narin60 or charisma for one of my characters but I want it in matte resin. >_<

And does anyone know if Dollfair offers the heads separately? I've seen it as a 'yes' in some threads I've looked up but want to confirm if it still applies now.

16. They do, on the website the have a link for "optional heads" that lets you get them separately.

17. I'm glad to know about the Charisma head and fit for the girl's body, then. I've been considering getting a girl with the Charisma face. Your lady is a Mature Narae, the, ghost_reflection? She really is lovely.
      Alexia is so beautiful, Dollswest. She makes a super model for your knits.
      I've been debating on a 60cm girl for my Minimee boy. He needs someone with strong, realistic features and the Narae's are some of the best looking of the girls.

18. Thank you sistercuervo, she is a mature narae.

19. Ah, that's how. Thanks. xD