1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Narae and Narin 60cm Discussion part 2.

Nov 16, 2008

1. I've got my Narae mature head yesterday and I'm really dissapointed by its poor quality.
      The head looks as unpolished
      [​IMG]

and the gap between the faceplate and the head is just huge!
      [​IMG]

the neck part is really thin, i'm afraid it might be easily broken. sorry, do not have neck pics, but the wall width is about 2 mm only.
      i'm going to write to d-storic and see what they will answer regarding those defetcs.

2. I'd like to get a complete Narin60 with the Charisma head and am tempted to buy the head now... but what if d-storic never produces a body? I'm not against hybrids - I've seen some very good ones - but I'd rather have a complete Bimong doll. Anybody know how he's doing at this point?

Suan

3. Katalina, this is terrible! I think it's only right that d-storic send you a perfect head. And if the molds are wearing out they should know enough to make new ones, assuming they have an original Bimong head to work from.
      Best of luck - your Narae mature is a beauty.
      Suan

4. thank you for your support!
      but actually I decided to keep this head not to deal with return shipping costs, etc.
      here it comes with make up by very talented Herrzog

[​IMG]

5. I've asked Herrzog to try the head on a delf body she has at home and she was very kind to check the proportions for me and allowed me to share her pics. So here it goes! Narae Mature head on delf body (white skin, 2006)
      [​IMG]
      The proportions are ok, besides the neck which looks short and thin. But the neck compatibility is ok.

6. [​IMG]

the hand on the left side belongs to delf 2010 in normal, the head cup to Juri (I'm not sure about spelling, sorry) Fairyland 2012.

7. I was wondering if anyone had input on weather or not the new Iplehouse YID body would work for there heads. The neck look to be the same size, 9.5 cm.

Really sad that D-storic isn't carrying the dolls an more. I hope Bimong will still sell his dolls. They are still my favorite.

8. Just received my Narin Charisma head last night :(
      @katalina my head has defects too, right eye and left eye's shape seems different, oh well but he's very handsome TAT

NS ivory was really light and pink, I almost think that was a white skin, anyone know which company will matching with?

9. BabyJJ, oh! i'm so sorry to hear that! really wish that d-storic had better quality control.

My narae head is sitting on luts sdf body in normal skin. the matching is good but not perfect. the body is just a tad pinkier
      [​IMG]

the head had been slightly blushed by the artist so there is no any difference now.

you might notice the difference here (artificial light, no flash). the back of the head is not blushed.
      [​IMG]

10. BabyJJ, I have my Narin Charisma Korean Ivory head on a Spiritdoll Elegance normal skin body and the fit and match is great. But!!! Spiritdoll has been having some inconsistency regarding their normal skin; I have seen a very light ns and a very yellow ns that was produced by SpD in the same year. But a little blushing on the head would fix that.

Katalina, BabyJJ, I have a question that is difficult to explain. If you put your Narin/ Narae head on a fitting neck and you look from beneath up at the underside of his chin... erm, like you were a little tiny BJD looking up to your large Narin doll, do you know what I mean? Do you see a big gap between the neck and the chin then?
      In the case of my Charisma head, if you looked from underneath you could look right up into his head through a wide gap between his chin/ lower jaw and the neck. It is much bigger than on any other doll I have ever seen and I do not believe it is necessary for the posing of the head.
      Sorry if I did not explain this well...:sweat I just wonder if this was the case with the original Bimong headmolds from pre-D-Storic times too. My original Mini Narin does not have this huge gap under his face.

11. This head has a very realistic sculpt. I would love to see one in person one day. The lovely blond girl above looks almost like a tiny person.

I think I like my dolls to be more "doll-like" however there is something very enchanting about a miniture human

12. @Katalina your Narae is perfect *A* oh what a beauty//
      I think 2013 batch is bit different, your ivory is still normal, mine is really pink xD

@mandagore oh! if you not mentions this I will never found thi "HUGGGEE GAP" what is this? yeah my Narin CHarisma have it too *A* it's possible to fix, it feels so weird, lucky in shoot this area won't noticeable. And this is Narin Charisma head on DOT body ( old body, batch 2010, it yellowed already )

[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. BabyJJ, thanks for checking! I really don't know what this gap is- except that maybe the original mold D-storic got was defective.
      Once I have found this gap I could not ignore it any longer, I am sorry to say. So I used epoxy to close the gap a little more. Is this what you meant by fixing it? I tried to paint it the same color as the head but it is never perfect. It is ok, though, because, as you said, it is not very noticable, the underside of the chin is almost always in shadow.:)

14. @mandagore lol wrong type ^^ I meant (for me) it's impossible to fix it. I can't do anything with it :(
      yes I don't know is the original mold form Bimong was like this or not, since people rarely mentioned this.
      Epoxy... hmm nice idea but yeah coloring will be difficult, good luck :)
      and if it's possible pls show me the result kekekeke

15. BabyJJ, Mandagore, my Narae has a gap like your dolls as well. it doesn't bother me at all because it can't be seen from the sideways or from the front and it allows to incline the dolls' head easily. I do not know if the dolls by Bimong had such a gap originally.

I think 2013 batch is bit different, your ivory is still normal, mine is really pink xD
      BabyJJ, i've found a comparison picture of several d-storic batches right after my comment here. oh, well, the latest batches seem to be really pink 0_o

Ajee, thank you so much for your kind comment! I do like my dolls to be as more human like as possible :) it's great that there are so many dolls that anyone can find something to their likes :fangirl:

16. As far as I know, it's really just Bimong's style for his faceplate system on his larger dolls (the 43cm dolls seem to have longer chins underneath the faceplates). I have a few of the Narin Creative/Bimong produced dolls as well as one done by D-Storic. I will say that it's more apparent on my Narin Charisma and Mature Narae than my regular 60cm Narae though. :)

17. Ahhh, I can't believe that the Narae Charisma and Mature heads are available again! :D I missed out on them before, but I definitely won't now!

18. Just as an add in: I asked Bimong if he had any plans to release the two as full dolls. Here was his response.

I have a head from the Goodbye Bimong event at D-Storic, but after far too much difficulty in finding a suitable body to hybrid him on I decided to just wait and buy the full doll when he is available. Looks like we won't have too terribly much longer to wait. :) (then again that's a bit relative, since I've already been waiting five years at this point, but...)

19. I got a Charisma head from the D-Storic goodbye event also. I have mine on a Custom House body from one of infamous half price sales. That didn't stop me from buying the renewal head. I'm hoping he can share a body with someone who's already here!