1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Narae/MNF/Unoa slim mini shoe thread

Mar 21, 2008

1. I bought a pair of those mules and the black ones too but haven't made any shoes with them yet. I love what you did with yours. Thanks for sharing Dollswest.

2. dollwest-- Nice job on the shoes! The purple ones in particular look very professional. I have Unoa soles I haven't used, maybe this will inspire me!

What did you use to make the cast? It sounds complicated!

3. I'd like to get my girl a pair of sneaker, I just don't know where to look! Does anyone know where I can gfind unoa sized sneakers/tennis shoes?

4. I just received a few pairs of Monique shoes from Audrey's Doll Gallery, size 54/25mm. They fit my Unoa's feet very well, although her toenails create indentations on the end. Since I don't particularly care for her long toenails anyway, I'm planning on slightly sanding them shorter. Before I do though, I'll try to take pics so that you guys can get some comparison shots.

Overall: am very pleased with the quality for the price of the Monique shoes. I don't recommend their boots though, for even though they fit her foot, they obviously are made for dolls with some serious cankles. Also, I really like Audrey's because you can order shoes according to the actual SIZE (you can measure your dolls' feet and go from there) rather than what dolls they think the shoes should fit. But keep in mind, if you order from there, that they are kind of slow and I've read that shipping other than to the US is really high.

5. The Dollmore shoes for MSDs fit just fine. : ) And they have a large selection.

6. I was looking on this site a while ago and I found some shoes that had 25mm, and some with 54mm but I don't really understand which ones would work for my MNF. Could you please clarify for me? :sweat

7. Sneakers - As mentioned before, the ones Judy sells at www.jujusdollymall.com work great. Go to the "Goodreau" doll section, then shoes. They have several colors. I bought red and blue. They are tight but I bent them a bit and unlaced them a lot. They work nice and look great with jeans, etc.

Making a mule sole - I would not recommend this, but since you ask...I purchased a resin compound to make the mold. It has the A & B parts that you mix together in equal amounts. Then I made a ball and pressed the sole into it for the casting. Seems simple enough but you need to do it just right because of the angle of the heel. You let this mixture harden for about 30 minutes and "gently" remove the sole. Next you mix the resin compound to make the sole. Again, it is an A & B compound that you mix in equal parts. You can color it too, but only in flesh. This sets up in 30 minutes too. You remove it from the mold. It took me five tries to get a decent mold as it has a tendency to overflow, make a thin middle, too high of a heel or not enough of a point on the toe. It works great on a flat sole, which I have done for Riley. Heels are difficult. But after spending $75 for the resin (encouraged by hubby) I was determined to get it to work. Next pre-order I will get the Unoa soles!

8. Certainly, getting some cool shoes for Unoa size feet may be a hard task, so I decided I would create my own summer line for my Nanako and other Unoas out there just waiting for their perfect fit shoes. :D

Here are some of the sandals I designed and handcrafted:
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do you think?
      There are more pics on my blog and Flickr pages. :fangirl:

9. hima-chan- Do you plan on selling some?

10. International Velvet, sure!
      My Nanako and I are willing to share this Summer Shoes Collection with other Unoa girls around the world! :D

Please, visit my blog here to see the info and details.

Thanks for your interest! :)

11. Do you make people sizes? :D These are beautiful. I've always wanted to make my own shoes because shipping is just so awful...but I never know where to start. I look forward to see more. Might just have to get some. :)

12. I apologize for crappy pics, but I figured they're better than nothing~

These show the difference between sanded (right foot) and non-sanded (left foot) toenails. It didn't make that much of a difference, really. But I didn't like my Unoa's long toenails anyway - I was looking for an excuse to 'trim' them. Monique's Classic Ankle Strap in Black.
      [​IMG]

The green shoe is the same style in size 58/27mm (they fit my BF perfectly btw) and even though they're a tad big on my Unoa, it might be a better size overall. If I put another hole in the strap and trimmed the end off, the largeness would be less apparent. But then again, I don't care for the fact that there's so much empty space at the end. They do seem significantly bigger overall to me. Monique's Classic Ankle Strap in Light Green.
      [​IMG]

A pair of blue satiny maryjanes. The bow is attached to elastic, which is fitted for a larger-ankled doll (I plan on shortening it). Monique Classic Ankle Strap w/ Bow in Baby Blue.
      [​IMG]

Boots, which are full of fail (fit at the foot, but way too wide at the leg). Lace-Up Boots in Dark Brown.
      [​IMG]

Overall, I am pleased with my purchases, because I can use them to gauge future orders/judge quality vs. price. Seeing how the most expensive pair was the boots at $4.17, I wasn't expecting Volks-quality or whatever. But they're a good cheap alternative to barefeeted dolls.

The shoes I bought for my Unoa were 54/25mm sized shoes. Anyway, to determine what size your doll should be able to wear, stand her up on a piece of paper and mark on the paper the longest of her toes, the end of her heel, and both sides of the foot. Then get your measuring tape and measure in millimeters the length and width. On Audrey's site, the first number in the shoe sizing is length, and the second number is width. My Unoa's foot was exactly 54/25mm, and as you can see, getting shoes that are the exact same size is pushing it (although my BF's feet are the exact same size as the shoes I got her, and they fit her great... ). You can try shoes that are a few mm bigger than your doll's measurements, but don't waste your money on shoes that are smaller.

Oh, and after I took the pics I came up with a cheap solution to my toe imprint problem: a small amount of tissue paper stuffed in the toes. Hey! I'm cheap - no use having perfectly decent shoes go to waste :p
      Anyway, hope that helps somebody lol.

13. Thank you!!

Also, Naiara mentioned when she had Taylor that the Cissy pumps from jujusdollymall fit her MNF. I can't remember how she said the fit was but I'm sure it's around here somewhere.

Edit: I found it and she said they were a perfect fit. Hope this helps.

14. Thanks, I love their shoes :)

15. I just received a package from denverdoll including several pairs of Dale Rae flats: they are fatastic! They fit Narae and Unoa perfectly, these are precisely the shoes I was looking for. :D

16. Which size are you guys ordering? I had a look and could only find 45 mm(too small) and 65mm (seems too big!)

Oh, I see that Denverdoll is going to be at Dollectable! I'll nab some shoes then.

17. hima-chan- I ordered the black lace up sandals- Can't wait to see them :D

18. That's great to hear, I've been searching ebay and hadn't found anything that appealed to me. I was just planning on getting more shoes for my Narae, she's only got one pair and black isn't that useful in the summer! Some ballet flats would be perfect!
      Thank you everyone for this great thread!

19. Wonder when they're going to have all those lovely colors in stock? I want fuchsia!

-- A :D